Joel Selwood knee dropping

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Man Jenkins

Senior List
Sep 4, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Joel Selwood casually dropped his knees into Sam Kerridge last night. Umpire tells him to keep his knees to himself.

Should be looked at by the MRP given his history of dirty acts but unfortunately the MRP will likely not even cite it. Especially given that old mate Jimmy Bartel is on the MRP.

Joel Selwood casually dropped his knees into Sam Kerridge last night. Umpire tells him to keep his knees to himself.

Should be looked at by the MRP given his history of dirty acts but unfortunately the MRP will likely not even cite it. Especially given that old mate Jimmy Bartel is on the MRP.
Nothing to see Game Day didnt show it or get outraged it never happened
Same as his eye gouge last week

Eye gouging was actually deserving of a week. This wasnt.

There's a reason it is not getting talked about

Nothing in it at all, shouldn't have been a free kick let alone a suspension.

Pack up your witchhunt.

Cheat, Dirty, Low act, the normal Selwood tactics. But nothing for the Bartel to get nervous about. umm... I mean the MRP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have easily caused a permanent neck injury.

Can't go too hard these days I guess, he is brain damaged after all, just trying to spread the acquired brain injury love.

522906-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Until next week when another inevitable piece of filth act goes unpunished.

You must've despised your unsociable Hawks over the past decade or so. Were you one of the Hawthorn fans leaving early the other week so's not to cheer on Luke Hodge as he was chaired off the ground?

Meanwhile, off the footage above, if people are sincerely saying Selwood should get a week for that, jeez, you're not half-showing how triggered you are by the Cats at the moment. Would've been happy for him to cop a week for the apparent eye gouge against Adelaide - copping one for this "incident" would be ludicrous.

Cheat, Dirty, Low act, the normal Selwood tactics. But nothing for the Bartel to get nervous about. umm... I mean the MRP.

I like how a few Adelaide supporters are so hurt over Dangerfield that, even aftyer comprehensively beating Geelong just a week ago, they are resorting to some bizarre conspiracy where Jimmy Bartel single-handedly runs the MRP and is stopping Geelong players from getting suspended. Tommy Hawkins must be wondering what he did to Jimmy to earn the week off recently?

You must've despised your unsociable Hawks over the past decade or so. Were you one of the Hawthorn fans leaving early the other week so's not to cheer on Luke Hodge as he was chaired off the ground?

Meanwhile, off the footage above, if people are sincerely saying Selwood should get a week for that, jeez, you're not half-showing how triggered you are by the Cats at the moment. Would've been happy for him to cop a week for the apparent eye gouge against Adelaide - copping one for this "incident" would be ludicrous.
No one is suggesting this incident, when viewed in isolation, is worth a week on the sidelines. People are suggesting that a single player appears to be repeatedly involved in these types of incidents and yet they continue to get away with it. One day this player may do serious damage to another and it is the MRP's fault because they didn't put a stop to it sooner.

I will point out three separate incidents from the last 3 pages of this sub-board:
- Elbow in the back of Sam Mitchell's head ($1000 fine for Rough Conduct)
- Eye gouging of Riley Knight (not even mentioned)
- Knee in the back of Sam Kerridge (TBD)

Here are some very simple questions for you:
1. Do you think incidents by Hawthorn players justify Joel Selwood kneeing the back of another player?
2. Are you condoning Joel Selwood kneeing the back of another player?
3. Do you think people should not be able to discuss incidents involving Joel Selwood?
4. Do you think anyone that does discuss these incidents are doing so for their own benefit?
5. Do you think these incidents by Joel Selwood are good for the game?

There's a reason it is not getting talked about

Nothing in it at all, shouldn't have been a free kick let alone a suspension.

Pack up your witchhunt.

Ha ha is that it?
Laughable there's even a thread on this.

1. Do you think incidents by Hawthorn players justify Joel Selwood kneeing the back of another player?
3. Do you think people should not be able to discuss incidents involving Joel Selwood?
4. Do you think anyone that does discuss these incidents are doing so for their own benefit?

1. I'm not convinced I'd classify this "incident" as deliberately kneeing the back of the player. Would need to see it in better context as that footage is isolated and, even so, looks barely there.
2. See 1. If I thought he'd legit done something wrong, I'd have no problem calling him out on it. Have done with Hawkins, Stevie J and Joel himself in the past.
3. Of course they should - but over the past few weeks the main board has been a hotbed of pure Geelong hate threads and I think it's now at the point where every little thing is leapt upon and outraged over and I think that deserves a bit of derision.
4. I think there are people who can discuss incidents with clarity and there are those who clearly have an axe to grind. As I say, have a read of some of the recent Geelong threads on the main board and see why I might think some have dubious agendas when "discussing" or judging matters relating to Geelong.
5. Eye gouging, no way and would have happily seen him get a week. The elbow to Sam Mitchell? Certainly not great but Sam gives it out as well as he takes it. This "incident" as I've said feels like a fuss about nothing.

I like how a few Adelaide supporters are so hurt over Dangerfield that, even aftyer comprehensively beating Geelong just a week ago, they are resorting to some bizarre conspiracy where Jimmy Bartel single-handedly runs the MRP and is stopping Geelong players from getting suspended. Tommy Hawkins must be wondering what he did to Jimmy to earn the week off recently?

Some Geelong surporters are a very sensitive bunch. :rolleyes:
Maybe this time Selwood and interview and crying Dangerfield in thier cars abut the meanies that took away his 2nd Brownlow and how the media won't leave him, as a very private person, alone... :'(:p

Some Geelong surporters are a very sensitive bunch. :rolleyes:
Maybe this time Selwood and interview and crying Dangerfield in thier cars abut the meanies that took away his 2nd Brownlow and how the media won't leave him, as a very private person, alone... :'(:p

It's sensitive to point out the conspiracy theories and tears coming from a subsection of severely offended fans? Okay. I would've thought it was just a general observation. As for the rest of your post, um, huh? Are you okay?

It's sensitive to point out the conspiracy theories and tears coming from a subsection of severely offended fans? Okay. I would've thought it was just a general observation. As for the rest of your post, um, huh? Are you okay?
Have a read of the thread on the "Sloane's Tackle" before having goes on other surporters lol
I'm fine, Turning out to be a good day now. Good for a laugh at todays events :p but I'm sure you'll disagree ;)

No one is suggesting this incident, when viewed in isolation, is worth a week on the sidelines. People are suggesting that a single player appears to be repeatedly involved in these types of incidents and yet they continue to get away with it. One day this player may do serious damage to another and it is the MRP's fault because they didn't put a stop to it sooner.

I will point out three separate incidents from the last 3 pages of this sub-board:
- Elbow in the back of Sam Mitchell's head ($1000 fine for Rough Conduct)
- Eye gouging of Riley Knight (not even mentioned)
- Knee in the back of Sam Kerridge (TBD)

Ive watched the footage dozens of times and see no evidence of eye-gouging.
That's why it wasn't looked at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Selwood knee dropping

Remove this Banner Ad

Back