Toast Joel Selwood's AFL Record, 10th Preliminary Final Appearance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
The broadcast commentators said that, barring anything drastic, next week will be Joel Selwood's 10th Preliminary Final appearance.

He currently has a 4-5 record in Prelims and has lost 4 straight, let's hope he breaks the streak and brings his record to an even 5-5 overall.

Just another amazing milestone in his illustrious career.

The broadcast commentators said that, barring anything drastic, next week will be Joel Selwood's 10th Preliminary Final appearance.

He currently has a 4-5 record in Prelims and has lost 4 straight, let's hope he breaks the streak and brings his record to an even 5-5 overall.

Just another amazing milestone in his illustrious career.

Selwood's 10th Prelim; possibly Gary Ablett's final game, Harry Taylor too.

None of those things should be used as motivation for our players against the Lions next week imo; I want Brandan Parfitt, and Jack Henry and even Sam Simpson to win this game for their own sake, no disrespect to the club legends in question.

In saying that, if Selwood can help the team advance past the Prelim, then he stands a chance at being the only ever player with 4 Geelong Premiership medals.

Selwood's 10th Prelim; possibly Gary Ablett's final game, Harry Taylor too.

None of those things should be used as motivation for our players against the Lions next week imo; I want Brandan Parfitt, and Jack Henry and even Sam Simpson to win this game for their own sake, no disrespect to the club legends in question.

In saying that, if Selwood can help the team advance past the Prelim, then he stands a chance at being the only ever player with 4 Geelong Premiership medals.

He should be gunning for a lot more than 4 too.

But if he finishes with 4, I and I'm sure, many others will be very happy about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read something about it last week - Tuck & Hawthorn didn't necessarily play in preliminary finals, as they'd win straight through to the big dance and the GF opponent would win the preliminary final

Yeah, he played a lot of winning Semi's and then straight into the GF.

No touches in the first quarter, easily could have been a nothing game. He ended up with 16 so must have been only behind Neale for the remaining 3 quarters, and had a game high 9 tackles with a broken finger. He's not dominating, but his hard nut presence at stoppages and gut running have been infectious for those around him. It hasn't been his best finals series on performance, but he's been a brilliant on field leader and I'm not sure the boys could have performed like this without him out there.

No touches in the first quarter, easily could have been a nothing game. He ended up with 16 so must have been only behind Neale for the remaining 3 quarters, and had a game high 9 tackles with a broken finger. He's not dominating, but his hard nut presence at stoppages and gut running have been infectious for those around him. It hasn't been his best finals series on performance, but he's been a brilliant on field leader and I'm not sure the boys could have performed like this without him out there.

Hasn't been his best year in any sense, but he has been good in the finals. I'm very reluctant to draw anything from immaterial factors, but there's no way in hell he isn't out there to do everything physically possible to drag the team forwards.

Hasn't been his best year in any sense, but he has been good in the finals. I'm very reluctant to draw anything from immaterial factors, but there's no way in hell he isn't out there to do everything physically possible to drag the team forwards.
Agreed. I only meant it hasn't been like the finals series where Joel would show up and dominate, without much help. He remains an important cog, but now it's in a group where the others are also excelling. It's easily the best balance our midfield has had since 2013 at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Joel Selwood's AFL Record, 10th Preliminary Final Appearance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back