Rumour John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile, Gold Coast will not pinch Jack Anthony from Fremantle's grasp in Tuesday's pre-season draft, with Box Hill defender Cameron Pederson the likely selection at No. 1.
West Coast has had young backman Blayne Wilson training with them since he was overlooked in the national draft, but are also believed to be keen on small Port Adelaide forward Tim Milera.
Essendon has taken a close look at ruckmen Josh Jenkins and Jon Giles over the past two weeks, but may instead use its choice on a midfielder, with former Adelaide rookie Ed Curnow a strong chance to be picked along with Frankston defender Michael Hibberd.
Former Sydney rookie Ryan Brabazon and young forward Hayden Yarran have also been training with the Bombers.
Richmond has committed to drafting Bachar Houli with its pick, Hawthorn will choose Cam Bruce and Anthony will join the Dockers.
Greater Western Sydney will use most, if not all, of its eight picks at the front of the rookie draft, and is considering drafting at least one onballer with AFL experience. - Emma Quayle yesterday

Anthony is expected to join the Dockers on a minimal contract after initially asking in the region of $300,000 a season for three years.

As he originally asked for $300K are we expected to now pay that, as under that new pre season draft rule thinga ma jiggy?

Under pre-season draft regulations players can declare their financial demands and clubs wanting to take him must match his asking price.

A player must go to a club that selects him in the draft providing that club can meet all financial requirements under their total player payment agreements in the salary cap.

Where is that quote about the minimal contract from?

That's a bargain if true. We've got nothing to lose at that price, even if he flops.

Whether it's the minimum contract (as a former 50 goal performer he arguable deserves more) or something else, this is a good deal. We got him, tradewise, for virtually nothing and he is the best established forward available. If for some reason it doesn't work out it won't hurt us. And as elsewhere on the park, the competition for spots up forward is going to be intense!

Whether it's the minimum contract (as a former 50 goal performer he arguable deserves more) or something else, this is a good deal. We got him, tradewise, for virtually nothing and he is the best established forward available. If for some reason it doesn't work out it won't hurt us.

It's certainly a nice piece of business picking him up as cheaply as we have and reflects well again on our very impressive football dept.

I shudder to think how the deal would have gone down if Schwabolly were still in charge - we probably would have traded Taz and our 1st rounder of Anthony.

Neesham would have been even worse - trading someone like Fyfe for him because 'we need experienced players more than promising youngsters'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Hird was texting Harvey all last week saying that he was going to take Anthony. Harves laughed it off early but by the end of the week Hird had sent enough texts to make Harvey wonder if he might do it. Funny stuff from Hird's POV.

Good. Hopefully he can have a solid season and finally have a decent (give Mayne time) back up Key forwards to support Pav's goal's (around 60) with a solid 30 plus goals. With Balla chipping in to that's great.

Where is that quote about the minimal contract from?

That's a bargain if true. We've got nothing to lose at that price, even if he flops.

Sportsnews first yesterday Esti. Sorry for the late reply
I tried to include the link but my PC at work wouldnt let me.... dont know why - guess AAMI have decided to be more content filter savvy LOL

yeah, it was more than one.

I wish.....

Tbh though mate, I'll take a Nigella Lawson over a Crystal from BB, Lara Bingle, Miranda Kirr type any day.

It's kind of Hase-esque: Didn't get the looks like the flashy Judd types, but oh sweet mercifull Jesus, that was one sexy beast of a man :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back