John Butcher?

Remove this Banner Ad

Im amazed he wants to stay at Port.

Why?

We are a great club with a very strong culture. We are shit on field now but it wasn't long ago we used to dominate the AFL. Don't believe all the shit you read in the media. We have signed all the players that are important to us, hardly the so called "exodus" that was predicted at Alberton this season.

Why?

We are a great club with a very strong culture. We are shit on field now but it wasn't long ago we used to dominate the AFL. Don't believe all the shit you read in the media. We have signed all the players that are important to us, hardly the so called "exodus" that was predicted at Alberton this season.

Ignore TMS. Considering what has happened on the field this year, your playing list seems quite united. As much as I'd like Butch, I don't think he'll be coming home. This contract... ;)

Seems we are quick to forget that the statement he made pre draft about not wanting to get drafted by a team which had tanked to obtain better picks. Most at the time thought it was a dig at us.

Our first pick will likely be pick 12 though. Morton is virtually worth nothing and the same goes for Warnock. Two negatives here don't make a positive unfortunately.

Port should demand nothing less than a top 5 pick. We don't have that and our compensation picks for Scully become active in the following year.

I'd love to get him but we won't have anything they want. Not happening guys.

It depends on if he wants to come home - we've then got to throw it all at him to get preference.

Morton isn't as bad as he's made out to be here. Like many of our young guns he looked great first year but progress stalled or went backwards. Could be gameplan/ development/ coaching/ fitness or could just be Morton. In the right team (Collingwood/Geelong/Hawks) I'm sure he'd be a much better player. He's better than Beams and some others on these teams that go alright.

I'm pretty sure the Scully pick can be active and if Butcher was happy with the Dees our first pick and Morton should be enough. Warnock as a sweetener.

Seriously doubt it will happen though.

Why?

Great history, but currently financially hurting and struggling on-field. Also, struggling to get fans to the stadium eevn though you're from a two team town.

Why?

Butcher not a required or important player? Excellent.

I think we need to get our hands dirty with this trade. We already know he may be homesick, let's twist the knife a little and lay a honey trap to lure him back to Melbourne and the Dees.

First rounder, Sylvia, Tapscott for Butcher. Hmm i think i'll take the non ******ed option. i'd be prepared to give our first and third picks, or our first and a fringe player. Butcher has looked awesome the last few weeks, which is especially hard in a poor team, but you'd want him to have done it consistently before we talk about giving up a 25 year old who will prob win our b & f, a top 20 pick from 2 years ago and another 1st round pick for

Did i say i would do it?

I said that is the type of thing it would take to make us a chance of landing him if he wanted to come home.

Other clubs will offer plenty, my point was it would take a heap to get him, thats why i said it wont happen.

Learn to read.

Yeah no point paying overs for him when we have two or three perfectly good first round or second round KPFs on our list already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think today showed why we shouldn't go all out for Butcher.

Not that he was bad but taking a chunk out of our midfield stocks for a KPF that might not come good and one in his second year at that is a massive risk. He could seriously struggle next year at the Demons, given we don't know what we'll play like.

And we really do need that depth.

Did i say i would do it?

I said that is the type of thing it would take to make us a chance of landing him if he wanted to come home.

Other clubs will offer plenty, my point was it would take a heap to get him, thats why i said it wont happen.

Learn to read.

I did read. You said it would take a package of three of them to get it done, of that group I chose Sylvia, Tapscott and a first round pick. Nobody would do it and there's no chance that would be even contemplated by Melbourne, nor a similar package by any other club. Butcher would be worth about pick 5-15 and a fringe youngish player

Technical FAIL.

It means he's in the top 1.**% of the state. So if big footy = Victoria then he's 98.**% than people on here.:p

Yeah but surely people in other states are just as smart as each other, (on average), so if he is in the top 1% in VIC then he would be in the top 1% anywhere really, and Bigfooty

With regard to your previous post, I honestly don't think we care that much!

It would have been good to snag him, but I'm not that fussed on missing out.

Especially now I've had a closer look.

hahahahaaha just because he is going to stay at the club, now all of a sudden he is a "massive spud"

Exactly what I thought would happen when he announced that he is staying. Well done

Remove this Banner Ad

John Butcher?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back