Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a bad game, but two of his most egregious turnovers were kicks which were smothered which is pretty flukey. He’ll be better next time by regression alone.

Surprising sub despite the clangers. Could he have picked up a minor injury?

Possibly. Would make more sense on face value, than taking off one of our best runners to get run right over the top of by our opponents…

He had an off night but he's had a great season to date and the reasons for both were on display last night.

He takes the game on, he desires to keep the ball moving forward for the side, he provides bounce and energy.

When you play this kind of high risk high reward game sometimes you have one of those nights when nothing goes right.

Miles ahead of Markov this season and he's been more influential than Quaynor this year off half back.

Personally I thought it was a real slap in the face to Noble that he was subbed off on the back of one poor game given his season to date. I wonder who made that call? I hope it was someone other than Fly.

Our complete lack of run in the final quarter was only compounded by this decision.

He had a bad game, but two of his most egregious turnovers were kicks which were smothered which is pretty flukey. He’ll be better next time by regression alone.
The smothered kicks weren't a big deal - those handballs when we were in the clear on the charge that he sent miles over his teammates heads were just killers.

Johnny Noble is generally a great player. He hasn't played many stinkers.
He was dropped in the GF for more run, by Oleg.

Don't bag the guy. Please
He is absolutely generally a great player. He had a rough night, but has had a great year to date.

But there is no way that anyone thinks that Oleg provides more run than him. No one in the team provides more run than Noble, outside of Daicos. The bloke is an offensive run machine.

Noble had a stinker. Everybody has one of those.
He then, I assume, defied coach’s instructions? I can only assume he pi55ed off Fly and hence, was subbed off?
Someone gets subbed off every game, and they don't have to piss off Fly to do it.

Parker needed to come in, and he plays the type of role that Noble was playing for us - running half back. With no in-game injuries, that was probably always going to be the switch to get fresh legs running from half back. It probably made it a little easier that Noble wasn't having a blinder.

We don't need to make up stuff that he pissed off Fly or defied instructions, etc.

He had a shocker, he cant have too many more of those kind of games or he will be on the outer at the back end of the year like last season.
One of the reasons he makes more mistakes is because he takes more risks. I love Markov but he is far more conservative despite his natural pace and athleticism.

Someone gets subbed off every game, and they don't have to piss off Fly to do it.

Parker needed to come in, and he plays the type of role that Noble was playing for us - running half back. With no in-game injuries, that was probably always going to be the switch to get fresh legs running from half back. It probably made it a little easier that Noble wasn't having a blinder.

We don't need to make up stuff that he pissed off Fly or defied instructions, etc.
Dumb coaching move, then.
I could’ve named 4-5 crappier players than Noble to sub off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t believe the hype. He was ordinary. When Noble becomes one of our highest possession winners, we’ve got problems.
He was very good. A one man band down in defence.

If only he had some help..

He was good, but so prone to mistakes. He made 2 (maybe even 3) mistakes in the same play 2 minutes into the last quarter resulting in a Geelong goal which killed our momentum.

At least he has a crack though.

I feel like that’s what we’ve always got from him. Tries his heart out and provides some good run, but is very prone to the goal costing error each game.

Still a good player who deserves to be in the side.

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back