Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams was a bit of a sook, imo & wanted to choose his position. And his talks with Swans seemed a bit sneaky & shifty.

I don't see that with Johnny. He's been open & upfront about it being for family reasons. Not money, a longer contract, more money or choosing where he plays.

And Leppa's in charge now 🥰

Noblio is going nowhero, unless we get something that is good-o.

Thanks Aisho.

No one is banking on Markov, he plays his role.

Our defence is very different to 2019-2020 Buckley defence where that would happen. The club as shown you that they can find talent that isn't a superstar or a big name and use them to our betterment. As they will in this case..
It's not about the defensive 6. It's about having enough runners who can defend and attack the outside.

Personally I think we stuffed up with the SSP depth and overloaded with inside depth and no outside depth. Whereas our inside depth was always going to come from the senior flanks. The flanks was where we needed the depth to cover injuries to flankers or inside guys.

So as far as I'm concerned, it's not about Noble. It's that we've lost from the area that we already needed to strengthen. We didn't have enough runners with Noble and are even shorter still without him. So it's a loss that will make us worse until we sign replacements.

Last edited:
Damm another favourite gone.
GC have a stack of picks. Pick 20 or 26 I'd take. Even 34 if negotiations have really stalled I'd reluctantly part with.
GC are free to offer 6 or 13😀
I'd use the pick (not trade) preferably on a KPF to develop while mcstay is around and start re stocking the young talent stocks
Matrix what do you disagree with?

Clubs don't act like BigFooty posters..

They know what they are doing and what proper values are.

(Essendon doesn't count in this one)
Plenty of trades have been done where one club is not adequately compensated for & received less for the player they traded out & vice versa.

A quick browse of our trade thread will tell you that 🙄

It is concerning that they didn;t see this coming.

I get the whole "move closer to family thing", but it certainly smells like the group dynamic/culture is not perfect
Smells like what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracted for 2 more years, has averaged above 20 games across the last 5 seasons, good for 18 to 20 disposals per week, targeted to be a best 23 player at Gold Coast.

We aren't giving him away and I'd be looking to package up Noble in any deal with our current pick 32 and asking for selection 13 as our opening salvo.

That might be an ambit claim but better to start high in negotiations and make any compromise for less seem like a win for GC.

If we could turn Noble and 32 into 20 and 26 I feel it would be a win for us.

Of course if we have our eyes on any GC player this would alter what we view as acceptable.

He's right though. We lacked runners this year. At the pointy end, desperate for wins, with no injuries to our runners, we had Bytel and Parker on the flanks. Parker looked promising but not someone we would have wanted to rely on in a big game yet. We're going to have to recruit.
How did Parker look.promising?
Sorry on this board I don't get it. He looked well short of afl level and while having a few good traits has a lot of work to do. Bytel showed far more

How did Parker look.promising?
Sorry on this board I don't get it. He looked well short of afl level and while having a few good traits has a lot of work to do. Bytel showed far more
Demons game he looked clean and composed, albeit not a good game to judge as Melbourne dijdn't put up an AFL level effort.

Bytel looked like he knew where to go and got to good positions but wasn't much good when the ball wnet there.

Last edited:
It is concerning that they didn;t see this coming.

I get the whole "move closer to family thing", but it certainly smells like the group dynamic/culture is not perfect

Petracca's desire to leave Melbourne is a "culture" red flag.

JFN wants to leave for family reasons. I believe that.

Love JFN's endeavour but he'll be easier to replace than Murphy.

Deserved a premiership medal more than Ginnivan.

Last edited:
Adams, Ginnivan and Noble have all asked for trades in the last 12 months.
So? All completely different circumstances, reasons, players, and stages of their careers.

We won a premiership less than a year ago, so not sure how that equates to a poor group dynamic or culture.

Ginni didn't request a trade, btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back