Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Things aren't all roses behind the facade of perfect harmony.

It's fine. They never are no matter what some may think
Players get disgruntled. We don’t know if this is the case with Noble.
Matters not at the end of the day.
He wants out so we move on with the best deal.
Next time we play GC, he is the enemy.
Next season we need to get nasty.

Required player and contracted. Pick 13. Or he can stay. We need his run. We are too slow as it is
I believe that Gold Coast has, as it stands today, holds Picks 6, 13, 20, 26 and 34, respectively. OK. I think that we play hardball on this one & make an ambit claim for at the very least for Pick 13. Now we could be very demanding & ask for Pick 6. However to be totally realistic I think that Pick 6 might be somewhat too optimistic. At the end of the day, I would not be unhappy to obtain Pick 20 in a draft that is quite deep. I have been told by a friend who watches the Under 18's on a regular basis & he has suggested that the 2 Whitlock brothers (for example) - who can both play in key positions at each end of the ground - would suits Collingwood's needs going forward as they are both rated highly. I believe that we needed to get back into the 2024 AFL National Draft & not be content with our current 1st selection at Pick 32. OK. So I am not against trading John Noble given the club's bigger needs. Regardless goodnight & good luck.

I believe that Gold Coast has, as it stands today, holds Picks 6, 13, 20, 26 and 34, respectively. OK. I think that we play hardball on this one & make an ambit claim for at the very least for Pick 13. Now we could be very demanding & ask for Pick 6. However to be totally realistic I think that Pick 6 might be somewhat too optimistic. At the end of the day, I would not be unhappy to obtain Pick 20 in a draft that is quite deep. I have been told by a friend who watches the Under 18's on a regular basis & he has suggested that the 2 Whitlock brothers (for example) - who can both play in key positions at each end of the ground - would suits Collingwood's needs going forward as they are both rated highly. I believe that we needed to get back into the 2024 AFL National Draft & not be content with our current 1st selection at Pick 32. OK. So I am not against trading John Noble given the club's bigger needs. Regardless goodnight & good luck.
We will get pick 26 for him. If we got 20 I will be surprised.

ZEV Happy to debate why laugh?

1. It was 31 years ago
2. JFN didn’t walk out on the club, Jon was at the gf and played this year.
3. DK went to Sydney, not to his family in WA
4. JFN didn’t get dropped after a prelim
5. JFN had 20 touches in his last game, DK had fifteen in his last three.
6. JFN was fit and trained hard.

I’d say it’s more like a cross between Josh Fraser and John McCarthy but at the end of the day it’s just a young guy who wants to be close with his family.

Players get disgruntled. We don’t know if this is the case with Noble.
Matters not at the end of the day.
He wants out so we move on with the best deal.
Next time we play GC, he is the enemy.
Next season we need to get nasty.
I look forward to Beau breaking the run down tackle world record - all little johnny trying to do too much.

I look forward to Beau breaking the run down tackle world record - all little johnny trying to do too much.
Beau will break him and mock his tatts.

1. It was 31 years ago
2. JFN didn’t walk out on the club, Jon was at the gf and played this year.
3. DK went to Sydney, not to his family in WA
4. JFN didn’t get dropped after a prelim
5. JFN had 20 touches in his last game, DK had fifteen in his last three.
6. JFN was fit and trained hard.

I’d say it’s more like a cross between Josh Fraser and John McCarthy but at the end of the day it’s just a young guy who wants to be close with his family.
I meant like dk j.n should never have been ddropped after playing every game all be it h and a. He was legit screwed out of a gf place. Where a few others were lucky.
Shame to see him go but has every right imo

I meant like dk j.n should never have been ddropped after playing every game all be it h and a. He was legit screwed out of a gf place. Where a few others were lucky.
Shame to see him go but has every right imo

To be fair Derek Kickett was out of form and got nowhere near it in the first final against Carlton.

He was close to worst on ground against West Coast and probably should have been dropped for the prelim.

Lets not forget that Carlton had six AA calibre defenders and Bomber Thompson (captain), Mark Harvey (93 AA CHB) and Dean Wallis (Sheedy favourite) all had to come back in for the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you factor in FA compo and potential academy/father son bidding, I would be playing hardball and demanding 20 in return.

There is also the option to use Noble as part of a trade for Lukosius.

When you factor in FA compo and potential academy/father son bidding, I would be playing hardball and demanding 20 in return.

Correct - 20 will end up being at least 25

Correct - 20 will end up being at least 25

Given it's the Suns and what they have at their disposal in terms of picks and young talent then we must do better.

If the Suns can give up pick 7 and bowes to Geelong for a future 3rd. Yeah, it's a salary dump but it shows me that the Suns don't care about draft picks.

We will get pick 26 for him. If we got 20 I will be surprised.

Why?

Look what we paid for Schulz. Schulz is good player…. I don’t see why we wouldn’t be getting a mid to late first for a 100 game player who is still contracted to Collingwood and coming off a career season.

A player which we have scant cover for.
I don’t understand why, when it’s Collingwood, we have to lower our expectations.

Historically we’ve done that, paid too much or received too little in return.

Think Witts, Treloar, Grundy, Ginnivan etc. not since Malthouse have we said , you know what, F you all, you’ll play something fair or no deal.

We didn’t always end up ahead but it was generally reasonable.

I’d not trade Noboe for Lear than 13 and a 3rd back or minimum of 20,26 and a something late back.

Time to act powerful. We’ve done GC enough favours.

This talk about Noble missing the GF, and the ongoing impact of that possibly influencing his decision to leave - a lot of this is hindsight. The coaches selected the team they thought would win the flag, and they were right.

They didn’t know Ginni would play poorly, and act like a d*ck on GF Eve and after the game - all of which made his selection look worse.

But none of that was known at the selection table, when a player with X factor, and who liked the big games, was picked over the hard working Noble.

I’m sorry too that Noble missed out on a medal, and I’m sorry to see him go. But the team selection for the GF should have nothing to do with this, and no blame should rest with the coaches and club on this one.

Why?

Look what we paid for Schulz. Schulz is good player…. I don’t see why we wouldn’t be getting a mid to late first for a 100 game player who is still contracted to Collingwood and coming off a career season.

I don’t understand why, when it’s Collingwood, we have to lower our expectations.

Think Witts, Treloar, Grundy, Ginnivan etc. not since Malthouse have we said , you know what, F you all, you’ll play something fair or no deal.

I’d not trade Noboe for Lear than 13 and a 3rd back or minimum of 20,26 and a something late back.

Brilliant! 100% agree with those sentiments.

Because he is not worth 13 in my eyes.
Schultz is a better player than Noble. Was over a year younger and plays a harder position. Noble is not bad but is more easily replaceable. We get either pick 20 or more likely 26 imo.

We got cover. Markov replaced him last year. Parker played a similar role with a little less dash as well. We could target a better FA like Cumming to replace him.

Agree We have been ripped off a few times. But there were reasons for all your examples. Witts was fairly unknown as a first ruck back in the day and was outside the best 22 when we had Grundy and Cox both in front of him. Treloar, Grundy, Stephenson and Phillips were on sale due to our cap issues. Ginni was told to leave after his shenanigans. I think 26 is fair value but pick 13 is ridiculous overs.

Would love it to happen but I wouldn't expect it in a million years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back