Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe Collingwood supporters arguing with other supporters on here about Nobles trade value - saying to ask this or that is ridiculous and he is only worth whatever. Why? The more we get the better for the club - So F..k it - we want a top ten draft pick like Richmond - and if we don't get it he plays again next year - And in reality we are better off if he stays , one less position we need to fill in a backline which already has holes in it . Don't care what anyone thinks is Fair value - he has 2 years to run on his contract - stump up overs just like we had to do last year.

Can't believe Collingwood supporters arguing with other supporters on here about Nobles trade value - saying to ask this or that is ridiculous and he is only worth whatever. Why? The more we get the better for the club - So F..k it - we want a top ten draft pick like Richmond - and if we don't get it he plays again next year - And in reality we are better off if he stays , one less position we need to fill in a backline which already has holes in it . Don't care what anyone thinks is Fair value - he has 2 years to run on his contract - stump up overs just like we had to do last year.
I'd definitely be aiming for pick 13 which is tied to the dogs, but I'd be happy with 20 and an upgrade of pick 32 to 26. Like you I would just not trade him for nothing, the fact he's contracted and a player we don't want to lose gives us way more leverage.

If Taylor Adams was worth pick 33 last year at 30, a contracted nobes should be worth more than that. With Gold Coast probably trading pick 13 anyway, we should be aiming for that, with us handing over some picks for points.

I'd definitely be aiming for pick 13 which is tied to the dogs, but I'd be happy with 20 and an upgrade of pick 32 to 26. Like you I would just not trade him for nothing, the fact he's contracted and a player we don't want to lose gives us way more leverage.

If Taylor Adams was worth pick 33 last year at 30, a contracted nobes should be worth more than that. With Gold Coast probably trading pick 13 anyway, we should be aiming for that, with us handing over some picks for points.
Pick 13 and they get Johnny ****ing Noble, anything else it's just John Noble

Noble is also a very solid citizen - no off field drama. So there is little risk with that side of things.

The club might determine that 12 more months of Noble might be worth it, over a pick 20 or 30? If he leaves next year, then clubs still have to trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 12 for Noble more than fair. Why well firstly pick 2 in this years draft will not be pick 12.It will end up being pick 15 to 18 after academy kids and father sons etc. Another example is asking for pick 20 that will end up being pick 25 or so.
Pick 12 for Noble is fair as Gold coast want points for their academy kids like Lombard plus also we have the bargaining power why because Noble is still under contract for next 2 years.
Stand firm pies if they don't bend hold Noble to the pies. With pick 12 we can get one of the Whitlock twins or a top young midfielder

Pick 12 for Noble more than fair. Why well firstly pick 2 in this years draft will not be pick 12.It will end up being pick 15 to 18 after academy kids and father sons etc. Another example is asking for pick 20 that will end up being pick 25 or so.
Pick 12 for Noble is fair as Gold coast want points for their academy kids like Lombard plus also we have the bargaining power why because Noble is still under contract for next 2 years.
Stand firm pies if they don't bend hold Noble to the pies. With pick 12 we can get one of the Whitlock twins or a top young midfielder
You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Even if we throw in the F, he doesn't get us pick 12.

Pick 12 is way too much for Noble, who is essentially a borderline best 22 player and already 27

Exactly. They will point out that he wasn’t picked in the GF side last year.
A pick in the 30’s is more realistic.
I reckon we'll try and add next years first and get pick 12. If that doesn't work we'll push for 20 but will probably end up with 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back