Doggies05'

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
I love the guy but not captain material.
Ive had the thought of it on my mind since last year and yes he can stand up sometimes but too often he doesnt do it under pressure.

Im aware he did it against Adelaide in Round 1.. but 4 crucial mistakes in the last Quarter.. 3 of which were shots on goal.

Needs to be able to play under pressure.

Ive had the thought of it on my mind since last year and yes he can stand up sometimes but too often he doesnt do it under pressure.

Im aware he did it against Adelaide in Round 1.. but 4 crucial mistakes in the last Quarter.. 3 of which were shots on goal.

I'm hurting like I've got a stake driven through my guts, but geez that's an unfair call. This is not the Richmond board.

He should have slotted the first poster but he tried to be cocky by running all the way in and then got pressured.

____ off idiot... these things happen. yes it was bad, but he is still a great captain

This is rediculous. Johnno has won us many games off his own boot so I think it's pretty damn harsh to judge him on a few missed shot for goals (the one where he hit the post was equally as disappointing in my opinion). Lets not kick him while he's a little down.

last week his 3 quarter time speech supposedly won us the game.

and your not a true Bulldogs supporter.

I'm so badly hurt right now as we were in a position to win back the game. I don't think you can put blame on Johnson. He has one many games for us before and he missed the goal. We shouldn't be looking at this and should be looking at how we lost a 4 goal lead and some of our decision making and skills in the last quarter killed us.

I think half the posters here should stop for 20 minutes. Come back after that. You'll see it's a long season. We've been awesome so far. Just need to all cool off. You'll regret half your posts tonight.

Johno doesn't deserve any of this.

Gees. along with the Cam Wight thread doing the rounds, we're really doing our best impersonation of the Richmond board here.

This is just tripe. calm down, and think about the many many years that Brad has served and led us with distinction.
One loss, and all of the sudden we're carrying on like a bunch of kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perspective guys, perspective.

One and a half losses after round 9?

Would you have setteled for that at the end of the NAB Cup?

To be a good side we have to win the ones we are expected to win. We were expected to win this one and we didn't. Not acceptable

IMO, he is a fantastic captain, a great leader and a wonderful servant for the club.

Everyone hates these type of losses. They are gut wrenching. Now we know what the crows supporters felt like after round 1.

I always think though that if you lead by four goals and let it slip to under a kick or in deficit, then you can't complain if you miss a shot after the siren or get a bad umpiring error.

Bottom line we had the game won early and then blew it. We have been patchy most of the season and have been able to do houdini acts to come back from deficits to win. If you keep playing like that, law of probability says you have to lose one at some stage. Today was the day.

We shouldn't be blaming one guy. The whole team has to take responsibility.

I don't like paying people out for noting their opinion on here. But that's a ridiculous post.

Not a fair call at all. He puts his heart into our team and is definately a leader on and off the field. If he kicked that goal you would be praising on how good a captain he is. He is only human ffs. We cant rely on him to win us the game all the time. Right now I couldnt picture anyone else being a better captain and leader than he is.

Come on boys the game should not have come down to that kick!!! We lost by 3 points and r still 2 games clear of 5th spot we are not travelling too bad! lets forget it and enjoy beating the cocky hawks next week!!!!:thumbsu:

so do i...Mate.

Yep sure you are ... But I guess if you had your way, Dougie Hawkins would still be starting on the wing & Libba on the ball .. and anyone who dared to suggest otherwise would be howled down with accusations of treason or perfidy.

what an absolutely idiotic comment.

he is injured you fool

anyone can see that. why the hell they are still playing him is beyond me, he clearly is carrying 2 leg injuries. He can't jump,can't sprint, no second effort

what happened tonight has nothing to do with his mental abilities.

seriously think before you post

Forgotten about Rd1 already... remember... won the game off his own boot! U r a dead set jerk.

Tough call, he's captain material, and deserves it 100%- one game doesn't change that.

I don't feel sorry for him though, not at all, he stuffed up time and time again, had many opportunities to rectify it and didn't take them. He'll be feeling like rubbish at the moment, but it's his own fault really- he didn't lose us the game, but he certainly played a part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnno

Remove this Banner Ad

Back