Johnno

Remove this Banner Ad

Where was this poster last week when he's 3/4 time address got you guy's over the line.

Now if you were saying Riewoldt or Pav...i'de agree, but Johnno gives he's all each week.

He's obviously carrying an injury, and has been for quite a few week's now, where as someone like Pav is just a selfish player who crave's all the accolade's himself.

Give Johnno a break.

I feared this would happen. We lose one game and we have gone back to the feral baggers after the NAB loss to Dons. This board should be closed down for 2 hours after each loss to give us time to settle down before we start lashing out at champions. How many of you guys have ever had the chance to win or lose a game in the AFL? Yes I know we all have a right to our opinion but let's think before we type.

I love Johnno and he should be our captain until the day he hangs up his boots.

He has bleed for the club more times than I can remember, BUT he really should have nailed that kick after the siren.

Hopefully, it will burn in every player's guts until next Saturday, and we'll come out breathing fire against the Dawks.

wow this is the most disgraceful thread ive ever seen, i know your hurting and your fired up but when you cool down youll see what you just said about a 300 game legend who bleeds red white and blue

Just close this thread as people are mental, they were doing this after our loss to the Dons in the NAB cup but all stopped that after winning games. We will win again and lose again but do not hang players especially a man as great as Johnno. He would be kicking himself tonight without his supporters sticking the knife into him. You win some you lose some but Johnno is still a champion and still kicked 3 tonight as a forward to do his job.
Go Doggies

Johnson is a great captain and should be til he retires. Anyone who thinks otherwise are entitled to their opinion but im sure not many people will agree with you. Being the captain comes down to alot more than what winning a game off your own boot. It takes the full 22 to win a game not one player.

We cannot blame johnson and wight for losing tonight. They played bad games and i still stand by the fact that Johnson had a bad game and should take some time off to get his body right before he plays again.

We should have sealed the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Cant put it down to a few missed opportunities in the last quarter.

Blaming someone is going to do nothing. We can only put it down to the fact that the team didnt play four quarters of football. Its a team game, they go down together! Stop blaming Johnno and wighty and now Dyl Addison?

I'm out of here for a while as I have had all this garbage it might be me signing out for good and just sticking by my team not bagging them.
Go Doggies

this is just ridiculous.

Not only has Johnno been obviously carrying injury all season, but he has given his all in every game he has played.

Although he may not have converted when required (and i have not seen the last qtr) the fact that he was getting the ball must say something about his efforts.

And to say that he is not inspirational is unsubstantiated. The guy won a game for us in round 1, gave a rousing address at 3qtr time to lift the boys last week. Thats jst this year, when his form has undoubtedly been below par. Over the years there would be countless more examples of times when his determination, and willingness to hurt for the Bulldog jumper, showed the qualities of a true leader.

Go Dogs, and Go Johnno!

This is the last post I will make on this matter. All I want to say is that I am saddened by the treatment this Bulldog legend has received by some posters on this board. It is absolutely disgusting. Shame on you so-called doggies supporters! Brad Johnson deserves better than you. Brad johnson deserves better than this pack of fair weather fans. Especially when you consider he had 19 disposals, 9 marks and 7 scoring shots and kicked the goal that got us back into the game, all while carrying an injury. Take a good hard look at yourselves doggies supporters and think if Essendon, Collingwood or Carlton does this to their out and out legends. You don't deserve Brad Johnson! What a disgrace.:mad:

Sorry to those who have offered constructive criticism and who have defended him and Cam and DFA you guys are true supporters. It seems I'm less disappointed in the loss and more disappointed in the reaction to the loss. I'm taking a break from this board see you guys sometime during the week.

I love the guy but not captain material.
Ive had the thought of it on my mind since last year and yes he can stand up sometimes but too often he doesnt do it under pressure.

He stepped up when it mattered by putting himself in the position to have those shots. He shouldn't be the player you should be torching ... poor form. :thumbsdown:

Johno is carrying an injury and should be given a rest, but the determination and guts of the guy has meant that he has played on under considerable duress and not doubt pain. Full credit to him, he is Captain material and we are very lucky to have him at our club. Why don't you knockers head over to the Richmond board - you would fit in well there.

Totally agree with Dogs_r_barking ..

But the challenge is when do you rest him ? Johnno's struggling to kick straight over a jam tin right now, but thats obviously because he is gritting his teeth and playing hurt...

Perhaps not play him in Darwin and give him the 2 weeks break ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He stepped up when it mattered by putting himself in the position to have those shots. He shouldn't be the player you should be torching ... poor form. :thumbsdown:

No problem with him missing the last kick, that is footy.

I thought he should have handballed to Acker when he first hit the post. He isn't playing fit and that has compromised him. But he is still a super star and leader....albeit a little less selfless than one might like from time to time.

Johnno is awesome and apart from EJ, he is our best player ever !

But he should have nailed his opportunities in the last quarter - but saying that, most people on the team made silly mistakes - bat tackeling, missed shots, easy goals for north with bad defense - so its not johnnos fault - its a team effort - and most players yesterday made mistakes that contriuted to letting north back in the game :mad:

We have had a very lucky run so far this year, so lets just forget yesterday, put it behind us, learn from it and make up for it next week ! :D

Wian

I think we all agree that Johnno is playing well below his best, probably due to injury.

Why do we think the match committee keep picking him?

Should we look at resting him so he can get over whatever he has wrong with him or do we think he will continue to play on through the pain?

Should we be picking a guy this early in the year who is hurt?

If not, should we show faith in other guys for his position untill he recuperates?

What do we think?

We are all hurting but that is not an excuse to bag our GREAT captain. It is obvious he is carrying injuries and the club probably wants to rest him, but he doesn't want to because he wants to be out there every week to help the team. Lay off Johnno.

Hopefully, it will burn in every player's guts until next Saturday, and we'll come out breathing fire against the Dawks.

exactly - i know it's burning in mine right now, so i can only imagine how they must be feeling.

this could turn out to be a positive - to coin a paul keating phrase - "the loss we had to have" - and have the boys fired up to continue their excellent start to the season.

i hope so, anyway.

Who was the last Western/Footscray All Australian Captain Prior to Johnno? 1 game in May does not define a season. Deep breath people relax. Sure Johnno can sometimes have blinkers on and go for shots that percentages would say he should look at other options because a player is in better position. But to say that he should loose the Captaincy is a bit rough every player has faults and isn't perfect (Murphy for being to bloody funny for example surely it has to be distracting the players).

However if the argument was with him being closer to the end of his career compared to the start do you think that he should step aside from the captaincy to best serve the clubs leadership going forward that would be a different argument. I think it may be best if he does pass the torch at the end of the year so the next Skipper still has him there for guidance and on field leadership.

I thought he should have handballed to Acker when he first hit the post. He isn't playing fit and that has compromised him. But he is still a super star and leader....albeit a little less selfless than one might like from time to time.

Spot on, Benno. I'm wondering who Aker was referring to when he said some players played selfish footy; one of them could have been Johnno. While I don't necessarily agree from a fan's perspective, someone with Aker's experience in a triple-premiership team has lessons to teach our team, if we want that elusive flag. We won't win one unless the guys learn to play for each other and sacrifice their own games for the sake of a win - EVERY WEEK. Even Johnno (who is an excellent captain imo) can learn from this.

I love the guy but not captain material.
Ive had the thought of it on my mind since last year and yes he can stand up sometimes but too often he doesnt do it under pressure.

Im aware he did it against Adelaide in Round 1.. but 4 crucial mistakes in the last Quarter.. 3 of which were shots on goal.

Needs to be able to play under pressure.

i was sitting in achelya restaurant at docklands last night after the game, and said to my son at approx 7.30pm that there would have been a forum set up on big footy bagging johno by now i wasnt far off, he didnt think anyone could be so harsh. he was wrong.

I agree, I have no problem with him missing the last shot at goal, that is footy. I was happy Johnno was the one who had to take it, nor was i Unhappy about his second poster. However i was extremely peeved at his first poster. Acker who played his guts out was sitting in the square for quite a while and deserved to be handballed to. If it was Acker that missed that and didn't handball we would be going nuts.
I know he is injured but his injury had nothing to do with that missed handball that was obvious was NOT a good look. He must play a more team-orientated game.
He will come back and he will do so well cos he is a champ but now he has something to think about.

Firstly let me say that I am glad to see sanity has returned to the board. Let me follow up by saying I am an absolute Johnno fan, he is a true champion and an all time great of the club.

However, I was disappointed with some aspects of his game last night. Too often we have needed him to save us, and I think that last night he tried to do just that, to the sides overall detriment. Examples included not handballing to Aker, flying against Minson when he should have stayed down, and trying to take speccies on at least three occassions, when keeping his feet and showing confidence in his team mates would have achieved greater success. He still had a good game last night and as I said above, he is an absolute champion, but as Captain he must lead by example and that means following team rules, doing the 1 percenters and sacrificing his own game when appropriate. Champion teams win premierships, not teams of champions.

Well done to all those that have stuck up for Johnson. That first post was quite ridiculous.
Brad is the best person to be the captain of the Western Bulldogs. We are very lucky to have some one so passionate about the jumper he puts on every week.
For the sake of the team I would like to see Johnno take a couple of weeks off and get the body back to full strength and fitness. For the doggies to be successful in September we will need Johnno in full flight.

Did anyone happen to see C7 news this evening? Johnno was on still looking completely gutted mentioned that he let down the club, his teammates and the supporters. Make no mistake he is absolutely shattered.

It happens, he is not superman and can't be held accountable for this loss even though he had the last kick in the game. Team effort if anything being 24 points up we should have gone on with it...we didn't and lost the game. They will learn from this and will be addressing some of these issues during the week.

Johnno has given this club so much excitement throughout his 300+ games and to read some of the stuff that has been written about him here in the last 24 hours has been dissapointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnno

Remove this Banner Ad

Back