Johnno

Remove this Banner Ad

Geeeeeeez.

My reaction when it happened was 'God, what a shame it was true champion and a nice bloke like Johnno who missed'.

If it had been Akermanis I would have no hesitation on puring a load on him - 'that'll shut your big gob' etc, and I really, really wish it had been one of those cocky hawthorn types because I would have taken time off work to lay into them, but Johnson has been, and still is, a true champion not just for you guys, but for the whole game, and has won you guys plenty more games than he's lost.

I didn't know he was playing with an injury. Mark of a true champ that he still goers better than most even way off peak.

Firstly let me say that I am glad to see sanity has returned to the board. Let me follow up by saying I am an absolute Johnno fan, he is a true champion and an all time great of the club.

However, I was disappointed with some aspects of his game last night. Too often we have needed him to save us, and I think that last night he tried to do just that, to the sides overall detriment. Examples included not handballing to Aker, flying against Minson when he should have stayed down, and trying to take speccies on at least three occassions, when keeping his feet and showing confidence in his team mates would have achieved greater success. He still had a good game last night and as I said above, he is an absolute champion, but as Captain he must lead by example and that means following team rules, doing the 1 percenters and sacrificing his own game when appropriate. Champion teams win premierships, not teams of champions.

Totally agree with this post, I love Johnno to death, and I was very happy the ball was in his hands after the siren, unfortunately he missed it, he is human, and nobody would be more disappointed than himself. My only problem is that sometimes he does fail to do the team things, and what concerns me about him not passing to Aker when he should have (again). is I would have thought he would have learnt his lesson after last time. Although I am not totally sure he actually sees the other free players, he is just so focused on kicking the goal, it's like he has blinkers on. As an experienced player he should be better. However I don't think he should be bagged for this, he gives his all week in week out and is a fantastic captain but the whole team including Johnno needs to play as a team for us to be successful.

Mate, should have seen this balding Hawk supporter in front of me who came to the game from the G. Cocky prick. Can't cover the bald spot with sunnies mate!

I really hope you run over them next week though I fear what Buddy might to do you though. You should be able to match them through the middle though.

Much and all as I love Johnno, the bloke on your list I wish we had was Murphy.

We had Murphy and a fit Jesse Smith, we'd be a real genuine flag chance this year.

I agree, I have no problem with him missing the last shot at goal, that is footy. I was happy Johnno was the one who had to take it, nor was i Unhappy about his second poster. However i was extremely peeved at his first poster. Acker who played his guts out was sitting in the square for quite a while and deserved to be handballed to. If it was Acker that missed that and didn't handball we would be going nuts.
I know he is injured but his injury had nothing to do with that missed handball that was obvious was NOT a good look. He must play a more team-orientated game.
He will come back and he will do so well cos he is a champ but now he has something to think about.

and i bloody hope akka lets him know about it ! Eade too ! Team before individual is what we are striving for ! Playing for the Jumper on all occasions! Johnno is great and i love him to death, but he needs to improve his periferal vision when in our forward 50 m arc:rolleyes:

Wian

I think we all agree that Johnno is playing well below his best, probably due to injury.

Why do we think the match committee keep picking him?

Should we look at resting him so he can get over whatever he has wrong with him or do we think he will continue to play on through the pain?

Should we be picking a guy this early in the year who is hurt?

If not, should we show faith in other guys for his position untill he recuperates?

What do we think?

After what happened, do you really think Johnno would be happy to "rest"? He will be burning inside to atone for "letting down the team and the supporters". Two broken legs wouldn't keep him out of the team this week, and he'll play better than ever before. Go Johnno!

I hope you are right dude, he does have some mates who need to lift as well.

Yeah, Scotty Welsh is due for a big one I'd think.

Im glad everyone has cooled down a little because what happened with Johnno happens. That's footy.

After low points like Sunday's game, it makes the high points feel a lot better. I guarantee that if we beat Hawthorn this week it will feel a lot better than if we beat North, because we don't want to endure that horrible losing feeling.

I was so heartbroken when Brad missed it, I felt for him so much.

I've barraked for the dogs for my whole life (15 years) and in my opinion, one loss is not that big of a deal compared to the horrible seasons we have had to suffer.

7 - 1 - 1, is i belive the best start we have got to a season in SO long, we were bound to lose, but it shouldnt all be put on Brad Johnsons mistake or mistakes, I think the club had become too cocky and tricked themselfs into thinking we are at the Geelong/Hawthorn level when we are a few notches behind them.

The point in, we all put our heart and soul into the Western Bulldogs, and were falsly led into thinking we are at an elite level. WE SHOULD BE (bleep) HAPPY WITH 3RD ON THE LADDER!

if johnno had kicked one of his missed shots everyone would be saying that he won the game off his own boot. give him a break, it was round 9 not the grand final. i doubt he'll ever make the same mistake again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnno

Remove this Banner Ad

Back