Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another way too online melted boomer these days. Completely consumed and broken by culture war nonsense.
'Sure... But all of his anti-LGBTQ+, anti-pronoun stuff is still informative and well researched!!!!'.

The reason that this guy still has any platform and reach, is because people that backed him during his anti-trans grift cannot admit that the parroted his hate because it reflected their hate.

So it's either self-reflect and reconsider your positions and values. Or double down and slowly radicalise yourself and support him as he leaks more and more extremism.

It's interesting that child labour is good achully is becoming a right wing position

As long as it's a western country
They own the meat processing plants where these kids work.

Also, when they do TV reports and show pictures, the kids being exploited are usually not so European looking.

They own the meat processing plants where these kids work.

Also, when they do TV reports and show pictures, the kids being exploited are usually not so European looking.
Last year we were on holiday in NSW and the local news had a "heartwarming" story about a family owned businesses using child Labor in their jam factory

It wasn't a small business

I have a friend for has loved Jorpy for ages, and would consider him like a patient zero for how the internet algorithms mess with people’s heads, here is a cross section of his views (I believe they are entirely contradictory but I am happy for someone to try and make logical sense of them):

• He is very pro ALP but anti the greens (big FriendlyJordies fan)
  • Big trump supporter who hates the democrats cos they are “too woke”
  • very anti vaxx and covid lockdowns
  • thinks all movies and tv shows are bad now cos woke
  • pro Israel cos Jorpy had some ex Palestinian son of Hamas guy who is pro Israel and anti Palestine/arab
  • hates any protest which he equates to virtual signalling leftists
  • thinks Jan 6 was all peaceful cos Tucker said so
  • very anti the voice, welcome to country etc cos he thinks it means aboriginals get preferential treatment

I tend to just change the subject when he brings up politics as it seems to be driven by favourite YouTubers and purely emotive. Anyone else know anyone who has gone down similarly contradictory rabbit holes and views?

I have a friend for has loved Jorpy for ages, and would consider him like a patient zero for how the internet algorithms mess with people’s heads, here is a cross section of his views (I believe they are entirely contradictory but I am happy for someone to try and make logical sense of them):

• He is very pro ALP but anti the greens (big FriendlyJordies fan)
  • Big trump supporter who hates the democrats cos they are “too woke”
  • very anti vaxx and covid lockdowns
  • thinks all movies and tv shows are bad now cos woke
  • pro Israel cos Jorpy had some ex Palestinian son of Hamas guy who is pro Israel and anti Palestine/arab
  • hates any protest which he equates to virtual signalling leftists
  • thinks Jan 6 was all peaceful cos Tucker said so
  • very anti the voice, welcome to country etc cos he thinks it means aboriginals get preferential treatment

I tend to just change the subject when he brings up politics as it seems to be driven by favourite YouTubers and purely emotive. Anyone else know anyone who has gone down similarly contradictory rabbit holes and views?
How the **** can anyone be very pro ALP but love Trump? Aussie Trump supporters usually love Pauline Hanson and believe Labor is too left wing.

Also, my brother is very apolitical but appears to still be a casual Rogan listener and considers Shapiro a “legend.” But that was over a year ago. He doesn’t talk or bring up politics shit with me though. Lives in the US.

He doesn’t seem to be very right wing economically. He’s just the typical “everything is too PC these days” type. A lot of insecure men are drawn to the likes of Peterson etc.

His friend who lives over here is far worse. Rogan fanboy, thinks former WA premier McGowan was a communist dictator, that vaccines don’t work etc. Nutjob. Sucks my brother still speaks with him sometimes but at least it’s not frequently.

I suspect he’s a bit of an influence but it’s probably the local rural Trump voting Americans even more so.

Tame compared to your friend though, that insanity would drive me, well, insane.

This sort of Hodge podge of conflicting positions is pretty common

Been quite a bit of it showing up recently in the history of shooters in the states including the two guys who tried to kill Trump

A couple of the recent stabbings in Australia have been done by young guys with similarly confused politics

This sort of Hodge podge of conflicting positions is pretty common

Been quite a bit of it showing up recently in the history of shooters in the states including the two guys who tried to kill Trump

A couple of the recent stabbings in Australia have been done by young guys with similarly confused politics

Thing is these people will claim to be independent free thinkers and aren’t “sheep” like us.

It’s not being an independent free thinker to have views which completely contradict each other though, that just means you have cognitive dissonance and aren’t very bright. Thinking the ALP in Australia is better than the Dems in the US cos, the Dems are more woke than the ALP and too far left is just idiocy.

I mean the trump apparent would be assassin was anti vax and pro Ukraine in heavy measures both, I mean those positions aren’t contradictory, I think the anti vaxx stuff is stupid but it isn’t in contradiction with supporting Ukraine v Russia.

Thing is these people will claim to be independent free thinkers and aren’t “sheep” like us.

It’s not being an independent free thinker to have views which completely contradict each other though, that just means you have cognitive dissonance and aren’t very bright. Thinking the ALP in Australia is better than the Dems in the US cos, the Dems are more woke than the ALP and too far left is just idiocy.

I mean the trump apparent would be assassin was anti vax and pro Ukraine in heavy measures both, I mean those positions aren’t contradictory, I think the anti vaxx stuff is stupid but it isn’t in contradiction with supporting Ukraine v Russia.
there have been two different attempts on Trump

both have been suppoters of Dems and Republicans

both have had ideologies that contradict

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of the anti vax crowd tend to be sympathetic to Putin, though. I’m talking about your average Tim Pool or Russell Brand fan here. Just complete wastes of space. That said, the internet does have this dehumanising effect. I might not despise these people if I communicated with them face to face but they’d still be woefully misguided.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back