Jordan De Goey v Jayden Laverde

Who will end up the better player?

• Jordan De Goey

• Jayden Laverde

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Goey easily. A genuine, clearance-winning, goal-kicking inside mid versus a tweener who has never got a lot of the ball, is a bit of a cat, and will have to rely on his athleticism and running into open space to get a kick. Laverde will hurt teams at times but not consistently enough, IMO. Flanker.

Laverde is one at Essendon I rate extremely highly, just about as highly as anyone on our list for mine. That being said, he hasn't had any continuity in his game and it's shown towards the end of the season.

All that being said, De goey has shown more and continue to shows more. End of the season will tell a clearer picture.

Laverde is one at Essendon I rate extremely highly, just about as highly as anyone on our list for mine. That being said, he hasn't had any continuity in his game and it's shown towards the end of the season.

All that being said, De goey has shown more and continue to shows more. End of the season will tell a clearer picture.

Depends on how much midfield time JDG gets, if he gets stuck as a HF again things may stay murky. I don't think we will see the best of him until he is a true onballer like he was vs you guys in the JLT.

Big year coming up for Degoey, was dropped at one stage last year, alarm bells will be loud and clear if he's dropped again as a 3rd year player for an ordinary side, jury's still out on both these guys IMO, both have talent though.

Well De Goey played 36 games compared to Laverde's 18. Injuries have really limited his consistency.

2015 games
De Goey 16
Laverde 9

2016 games
De Goey 20
Laverde 9

De Goey had a disappointing season last year, but hopefully that's just second year blues as his first was good.

I think Laverde will end up the better player, but we'll see. Both have the right attributes to do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back