Jordan Lisle

Remove this Banner Ad

.. he's been on their list for 4yrs and only played 5 games, has he been injury prone or what?.....Why do we want him, if Hawks can only play him 5 times..:confused:

I feel like we are getting less for what we are losing..or at most replacing injury prone for injury prone..

Having said that, I admit I don't know much about him, but it seems a bit odd to me..will be very happy for someone to tell me otherwise and a rundown on him..
Has been very unlucky to say the least. Would have played more games this year but copped a fractured jaw which saw him out of the senior side and he never made it back. 2010 he was great for Box Hill and again very unlucky to not be given a game. I believe he holds the world record for the number of times he has been listed as an emergency.

Beat Dawes in defense when we met Collingwood this year and has shown signs. Best set of mits at the Hawks imo, very strong mark and should be a great pick up for you guys.

Will be a good pick up for you guys. Have always rated him. Isn't that quick but reads the ball well and is strong as an ox. Good hands and his disposal is pretty nice if he has space, can be a little ordinary when disposing under pressure but who isnt?

He shanked a few shots badly in his debut and got rattled but people tend to forget he tore Freo up in that first half playing true FF. Took a few good marks and set up a few goals.

Give him some confidence that he'll have his spot for more than a game or 2 and you'll have a very handy KPP who can swing between FF & FB.

Been on the List for 3 years and has really been starved of opportunities being stuck behind Franklin and Roughead.
Came into the team this year when roughy went down and due to circumstance was pushed down back where he looked more natural and a better player.
Towelled up Dawes then fractured his face and ended his season.
Is a player most hawk supporters would rather keep because he has obvious potential.
Will come into his own i believe once given a few games and continuity.

Oh well then, he'll fit right in!....he and Browny will have lots to talk about;)

Just checked out the hawks page and there is a thread there about jordan. Only read the first page but if the hawk fans are anyhting to go by - none want him traded.

Maybe just maybe - this may be a trade that pays off. Heres hoping!

He'll be a star, so naturally we never played him and we'll piss him off for nothing.

Good get Brisbane, good get

Just checked out the hawks page and there is a thread there about jordan. Only read the first page but if the hawk fans are anyhting to go by - none want him traded.

I think you will find that is because Hawthorn are lacking that one strong tall KPD. We have plenty of defenders around the 191cm mark, but nothing in the 195cm range, and perhaps we got exposed for defensive height in the finals.

He has been playing mostly up forward for Box Hill, but he cant get a game behind Buddy and Rough. He looked alright down back, but lacks a yard of pace and disposal and decision making can be a bit 50/50. This will improve with more game time IMO. It will be ashame to see him go, because most Hawks fans think he can play a role for us down back.

That is a good guide, I agree.....I'm starting to feel better about it now..

..so yes, here's hoping!:thumbsu:

Was going to mention this to you guys. No better proof on BF that a player is good when 3/4 of that team's supporters are upset that he's leaving. Same thing happened with Josh Kennedy and Ben McGlynn when they were traded to Sydney, and both cemented a spot in their 22 immediately.

Same can't be said for when Mark Williams was traded to the Bombers, although a fan favourite and club champion, the supporters new his time was up and thus not much fuss was made about his departure.

Good get Lions. Hoping this is part of something bigger for us Hawks (Gillies, Bouman).

Gun in the making. An awesome mark of the footy.

You guys are building an awesome midfield, add Lisle Leuey and a draft a couple more gun talls are you guys have a great team in the making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing he'll play both forward and back. But for round 1, with everyone fit, where would he go? Is he more a Mitch replacement, or a Maguire replacement?

I hope, if Jordan is traded to your club, that you guys play him. There are plenty of Hawks fans that would be upset by this potential trade, but I think that is really based on potential. The simple fact is, we have never really seen the potential that Jordan has due to him not having much of a chance at senior level footy.

He should do well in your team, ala Kennedy at Sydney. But the simple fact of the matter is, at Hawthorn, he is 3rd or 4th option right now. So, it'd be great to see the kid get a good crack at the competition.

Appreciate the feedback bums and ill. Gee it is nice to have normal down to earth opposition poster -rather than those ones from the west!

These are the sort of trades we need to be making. Young players who are struggling for opportunity in a better side and are hungry for a chance.

Sydney have been doing it for years with good results.

Don't want to preempt the paperwork, but welcome to the Lions Jordan. :thumbsu:

Really appreciate the feedback from the Hawks supporters too.

What,

No Lisle to PSD comments?? :p

Thanks to all the Hawks posters for the insight and intelligent comments, makes a nice change from the majority of the Freo posters we have had to put up with recently....:thumbsu:

Hope if the deal goes through, it is a good one for both clubs.

[YOUTUBE]kzC54bqn3Nk[/YOUTUBE]

This is from 4 years ago before he was drafted. His kicking/decision making is a little worry and his awareness doesn't look super. But he moves well, reads the ball in the air nicely. Can find a role for him that suits his capabilities.

[YOUTUBE]iRGf3_HWRdI[/YOUTUBE]

There is one other video of him on YouTube, but I recommend not watching it.

a 3 way trade between lions hawks and freo
Hawks
In: Pick 34, Pick 38
Out: Lisle Ladson
Lions:
In: Lisle, Pick 16
Out: Clark, Pick 34
Freo:
In: Clark, Ladson
Out: Pick 16, Pick 38

I tell you why He's only played 5 - he's gotta compete for spots against Buddy and Roughead that's why...

Buddy is no.1 one player at the Hawks and Roughead probally in the top group in their 22

Roughead is number 2 and now Gunston as third forward. There is Hale but you would have to say Lisle is better than him. It is just Bailey with 3 knee reconstruction needs support in the ruck and that has to be Hale. Hale has shown that he cannot play in the backline whereas Lisle can.

For some strange reason the Hawthorn FC has played Shoenmakers ahead of Lisle. Shoenmakers has more speed that Lisle but that is the only thing and the fact he was was first round pick that has over Lisle.

Its that same strange reason of not playing savage ahead of bateman. The whole football world acknowledged how good savage was.

Lisle is cool under pressure unlike Shoenmakers, takes marks and makes good decisions by foot.

I think you will find that is because Hawthorn are lacking that one strong tall KPD. We have plenty of defenders around the 191cm mark, but nothing in the 195cm range, and perhaps we got exposed for defensive height in the finals.

He has been playing mostly up forward for Box Hill, but he cant get a game behind Buddy and Rough. He looked alright down back, but lacks a yard of pace and disposal and decision making can be a bit 50/50. This will improve with more game time IMO. It will be ashame to see him go, because most Hawks fans think he can play a role for us down back.

There is nothing wrong with his decision making, he kicked quite well out of defence against collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordan Lisle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back