Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he's too slow to play as a defender. Will be a good back up ruck though and will move into a coaching role post footy.

He could be but we then can have now Langdon and Howe Free so can help Roughead out down back(IF/When) he plays down back

Happier with this deal over what May would have cost us. I know he's older but Roughhead will provide so much more versatility. May's contract would have been huge so it will also free things for next years fire sale and help when teams come hard for Degoey in 2 years. Roughhead is exactly what we need and if Moore can stay on the park we will be a massive contender.

Welcome on board Jordan.

Dogs fans saying Roughead be Usless as a Key Defender so I guess he be what a Forward/Ruck?

Then we can keep Cox at FF without putting him in the Ruck?

This guys best position is full back
Showed a lot early in that spot until they started throwing him around willy nilly
Has the potential size and determination

Once we. Teach him our structure watch out
Certainly takes care of the opposition tall forward and will release Moore to be more attacking

Ps
Comes highly recommended by Boyd and mason rekins he's tough to contest with

Do me

This guys best position is full back
Showed a lot early in that spot until they started throwing him around willy nilly
Has the potential size and determination

Once we. Teach him our structure watch out
Certainly takes care of the opposition tall forward and will release Moore to be more attacking

Ps
Comes highly recommended by Boyd and mason rekins he's tough to contest with

Do me

No thanks

Good pick up for pick 75. And thats the confirmation of why we didnt sign him as a FA.

Not sure why it took this long to happen though. I would've thought this would've been arranged once the FA deadline was approaching. (Unless both clubs were waiting for the Brisbane deals to see if 75 would be added elsewhere)

From what Ned Guy said it seems that the Dogs were more focused on the Marcus Adams deal with the Lions (who also had their own priorities). It was always going to happen.

I'm just surprised that in this modern world a lot of time is still spent completing forms etc. Surely there must be an app for that?

Brilliant business, this.

More excited about Jordan than I am about Beams from a list perspective.

Insurance for Grundy, insurance for Cox, insurance for Dunn/Moore, performs in big finals and still has 3-4 quality years left — I suspect he's going to play a lot of footy for us in a spare parts role and be a high-quality character while doing it.

He is a quality guy and I think an ideal ruck backup. We really had no one to cover ruck if we had Grundy injured thi year without moving Cox.

Chatting to some JR family members and they said he had not enjoyed Bevo as a coach and how some were treated around the club and there was a fall out.

He has a few strings to his bow which is super important these days and means he will get used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome, Jordan!
I like this one - a guy who has proven he can play, and very cheap.
Matty Boyd will know how to get best out of him too, i'm betting. Between him and a fit Moore our tall stocks are looking much better.

Good pick up on Boyd.

You can be sure that Roughy comes with a tick from Boyd. No way we recruit him if Boyd had reservations.

Roughead has size, agility and good hands - ideal type to be groomed into a KPD, which I feel Longmire can achieve.

I think Roughead is a real sleeper, and could have a strong impact in 2019.

Good luck to the guy, put your hand up and have a crack. The experience shouldn't be undervalued, we also need a good competitive Ruckman for Grundy to train with and against. He could probably teach Grundy a few extra things and add to arsenal.

Good luck Fella and let's hope you finish your career with more than one Premiership.

Had a great finals series back in 2016. Think he might be more then handy to be honest. I like this pick up alot.

I agree. Won't be a Star but be a Very Good Best 22 Player for us

Strongly believe that a lot of the criticism bring directed his way would have equally applied to Dunn when he joined the pies
I think it might come from not knowing what his best position is.
This then begs the question which position the coaching staff have got in mind for him.
Personally I'm happy to have another 200cm player that can play multiple positions.

I agree. Won't be a Star but be a Very Good Best 22 Player for us
I'm not all that fussed even if he doesn't make our best 22, and doesn't get that many games. I thought it was a clever move to pick up a tall, experienced and versatile player at very little cost. Perhaps he'll get back to his best form from 2016 and demand a spot in the side, if not, he'll be a capable back-up player waiting in the wings.

We wouldn’t have picked him up without some input from Matty Boyd so we should take it that someone who has been close to him as a teammmate rated him enough to think he will be good for us.

Schaz and Dunne played some magnificent football last year and we are going to dearly miss what they bring for the most part of next season. Moore still has a huge cloud over his durability and whilst Murphy and Madgen showed a bit they are far from A graders or even regular senior footballers at the moment, same with young Appleby. This was a shrewd pick up that we need to pay a decent dividend in 2019.

I'm not all that fussed even if he doesn't make our best 22, and doesn't get that many games. I thought it was a clever move to pick up a tall, experienced and versatile player at very little cost. Perhaps he'll get back to his best form from 2016 and demand a spot in the side, if not, he'll be a capable back-up player waiting in the wings.
From all reports a great clubman & human, kulcha.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back