Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

The last half descent free agent left now. I reckon his offers just went up 100k
I laughed, because no club is offering Battle extra money because a winger and a forward extended.

I laughed, because no club is offering Battle extra money because a winger and a forward extended.
If LDU leaves north, who are they paying? Battle waltzes into their 22 and they need to meet the cap floor somehow. Aiden Corr knows all too well how North's cap works.

If LDU leaves north, who are they paying? Battle waltzes into their 22 and they need to meet the cap floor somehow. Aiden Corr knows all too well how North's cap works.
North won’t release LDU this year. They’d be stupid to.

Saints list manager did not sound confident at all. Can't say I remember any free agent signing on when the list management team drops the word 'hopeful'...

I think he's gone. Not sure where though.

You’re going to be disappointed.

If Battle was any good on the number 1 forward the Saints wouldn’t be wasting their time with Dougal Howard who’s form changes from shit to average week to week. Most clubs would be licking their lips if the 193cm Battle was sent to their best forward.

He’s a 2nd or 3rd tall. Quite a good one as well. But he’s not solving anything for North.
Kept McKay quiet a couple of years ago, shows you know nothing about Battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be surprised if he stays, for no reason other than the list manager.

SOS isn't the type to hold on to OK players through a rebuild if he can get a decent pick in return.

Not sure where he ends up, but Hawks a good shout. Would be a decent fit.

Problem is if Hawks or any other team decide to low-ball a contract for Battle, St Kilda will be undercut in terms of pick compo.

Problem is if Hawks or any other team decide to low-ball a contract for Battle, St Kilda will be undercut in terms of pick compo.

St Kilda will offer him a contract - it will likely just be one that is a fair way under what he is worth / what he can get elsewhere.

Not unlike what Carlton did to Tuohy which effectively forced his hand in leaving for the Cats.

If another club wants Battle they will offer him a contract in line with what they believe he is worth. They're not going to 'insult' a target by underpaying.

No chance he doesn’t move. Battle will get 1 mill a year elsewhere on a hugely front loaded deal, Saints get pick 5 for him and then basically already have his replacement in hand with Schoenmakers to boot.

Everyone wins.
So Josh Battle $1,000,000 Wow

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back