Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

West coast will ask for their first and something else given he is contracted.

yes, but if a player is hellbent on leaving, club usually will try their best to accomodate.

Plus, wc could do with plenty of draft picks at the top end.

Hope he stays. Saints don't deserve a 1st
You don't deserve to have your posts read but here we are.

Saints don't deserve it ...why?
Its not like we've had a stack of priority picks or anything.

I hope Battle stays a saint,
If he is that concerned about the saints compensation. Clearly should be staying Saint, as that’s where his heart his….

I also find it amusing the Saints were happy to let Battle go once they found out the potential compensation on offer.

Really unsure how Battle could possibly feel wanted after that…. But if his heart is at the Saints fight it out there for a premiership in the next 5 years. Wishing you all the best!

Hawks will keep on developing what we have on our list.

I also find it amusing the Saints were happy to let Battle go once they found out the potential compensation on offer.

Really unsure how Battle could possibly feel wanted after that…. But if his heart is at the Saints fight it out there for a premiership in the next 5 years. Wishing you all the best!

Hawks will keep on developing what we have on our list.
How is it amusing? Literally the only time where it’s a win either way. and don’t get the supporters opinions mixed up with the clubs. He looks very happy at the club atm

How is it amusing? Literally the only time where it’s a win either way. and don’t get the supporters opinions mixed up with the clubs. He looks very happy at the club atm

Well if my club wanted to keep
Me and sign ASAP. Then if as reported decided it would let me go if the compensation was a first round pick …. Then as a player I would feel the club really doesn’t value my contribution.

cry in a corner because a player exercises his right to leave and we cant do a damn thing about it?or look at the positives?

you can cry in a corner if will day leaves,most hawks fans with a brain will look toward what they are getting back,really dont see your issue with that

ive not seen one comment from a saints fan wanting battle out the door,say like essendon are with draper right now & probably a fair section of dees with oliver,some warmed to the compo more than others,but im sure near 100% will be rapt if he is staying

Me and sign ASAP. Then if as reported decided it would let me go if the compensation was a first round pick …. Then as a player I would feel the club really doesn’t value my contribution.
You still don't seem to understand UFA, no one but Battle has a choice. Saints don't get to counter what Hawks are offering to keep him, if he chooses Hawks then he goes. Nothing to do with the Saints, we have put together a fair contract and now he needs to sit down with his management and decide.

You still don't seem to understand UFA, no one but Battle has a choice. Saints don't get to counter what Hawks are offering to keep him, if he chooses Hawks then he goes. Nothing to do with the Saints, we have put together a fair contract and now he needs to sit down with his management and decide.

Oh I completely understand and the saints can pull there contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's staying
Stayin Alive GIF by Bee Gees

Oh so who had a stack of pp?

I do distinctive remember saints had pick 2 for pp a while back, koschitzke if i remembered correctly.

But is battle staying a good thing for saints?

He aint getting better the longer he stayed, it's not like he is scarlett or rance or even steven may.

For hawk's offer, battle will net a band 1 comp meaning saints got picks 4 + 5 meaning 2 A grade mids.

Get some cheap kpp to fill in the back and saints will be laughing.

He aint getting better the longer he stayed, it's not like he is scarlett or rance or even steven may.

For hawk's offer, battle will net a band 1 comp meaning saints got picks 4 + 5 meaning 2 A grade mids.

its called a win/win,he is a very good solid player in a league best 2023 & top 3 2024 area of the field for us,steady as a rock on and off the field,hawks aint gonna offer 900 if we offer him 700,our policy has been to offer what he is worth,not go stupid & if the other offer is so much better we wish him well

another thing that as a roos fan you might not understand with all those picks etc(no disrespect),but there is a mighty good chance the afl finds a way to screw us out of that band 1,if there is a case that battle is offered 100k more than mckay and band 1 is not given,it will be the saints(one of 2 clubs along with the dogs that dont get one of season opener,good friday,easter monday,anzac eve,anzac day,independance day)

so battle stays=win,band 1=win,afl fxxks us with band 2=nah just dont need the extra frustration,keep the bird in the hand

Keeping a good player in a position that is seemingly hard to fill is never a bad thing. We have one of the strongest backlines in the comp so not disrupting that would be a big win moving forward.

While an extra top 10 draft would have been nice to have, it also doesn't guarantee anything. Let alone an A grade mid.

its called a win/win,he is a very good solid player in a league best 2023 & top 3 2024 area of the field for us,steady as a rock on and off the field,hawks aint gonna offer 900 if we offer him 700,our policy has been to offer what he is worth,not go stupid & if the other offer is so much better we wish him well

another thing that as a roos fan you might not understand with all those picks etc(no disrespect),but there is a mighty good chance the afl finds a way to screw us out of that band 1,if there is a case that battle is offered 100k more than mckay and band 1 is not given,it will be the saints(one of 2 clubs along with the dogs that dont get one of season opener,good friday,easter monday,anzac eve,anzac day,independance day)

so battle stays=win,band 1=win,afl fxxks us with band 2=nah just dont need the extra frustration,keep the bird in the hand

Well we got canberra and ballarat taken off us...

Oh so who had a stack of pp?

I do distinctive remember saints had pick 2 for pp a while back, koschitzke if i remembered correctly.

I'll enjoy listening to you explain how that priority pick at the turn of the century is vaguely relevant to this discussion.

Well we got canberra and ballarat taken off us...
well we got the mornington peninsula and the greatest player all time,among others taken off us,then got thrown into a ridiculous no sense 3rd vs 4th elim final,while the far inferior that season 5th vs 6th teams got the same

6 years later the afl screwed 3 teams including us,by making geelong travel to adelaide in the 2nd week of the 1997 finals after finishing 2nd on the ladder

anyway point is you just go with the percentages when you take all that into account,take your chances going by the book & when the afl says there changing something to help the saints dogs and roos of this world,you immediately be suspicious

battle stays=safe bet,battle gets paid 900k plus to leave and leaves=be very open to being screwed with band 2 if your the saints

You are confused. Battle was given a large and long offer early on in the season.

So he was Battle not signing, not the club wanting him to stay. So you have it the wrong way around.

Battle and his manager chose to play the game to play well to try and boost the offer and to drum up a suitor.

He has added an extra year to the original offer and say $50 to $100k more.

This is just what players and their manager do these days.

Congrats to Battle.

Many other players like Degoey have done the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back