Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely smashing it again today. His form the past month or two has been incredible.

Worth every cent and definitely worth band 1.

Come on Josh, come home and leave the Saints with a bonus 1st rounder.
The bloke for some unknown reason is shockingly underrated buy a lot off people, can play forward back or wing all at a high level a great kick always attacks the contest a very consistent player. There’s a lot worse players than battle getting payed good money, If you can get him without having to trade it’s a no brainer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off all the key defenders that have gone via free agency he would be right up there. He’s a jet. Way better than both McKay and Frawley
He isn’t better than Frawley as a pure stopper. He’s a better kick and more versatile ( although Frawley could go forward if needed) but not a better defender.

He isn’t better than Frawley as a pure stopper. He’s a better kick and more versatile ( although Frawley could go forward if needed) but not a better defender.

This is why this is the most important signature for Hawthorn. He is a very capable forward. Like Hardwick, Sicily and Weddle.

Having 4 genuine quality swing men makes Hawthorn are nightmare to match up on.

He's gone from the Saints. Look at the post-match interview Cleary just tweeted.

He's been directly asked a few times now, same thing happened after the Essendon win. It's poor form from the media where they know he can't come out and say that he's leaving when being interviewed.

He's just being polite and professional until it's appropriate to come out and say he's leaving, which is after our last game this year.

He's been directly asked a few times now, same thing happened after the Essendon win. It's poor form from the media where they know he can't come out and say that he's leaving when being interviewed.

He's just being polite and professional until it's appropriate to come out and say he's leaving, which is after our last game this year.

Its nasty reporting. Who cares about him or the club, just get a scoop! And minutes after the game too..

He's a stand up person and my read on it is that he will come to Hawthorn but he is battling (sorry) with the guilt of leaving his mates. Hopefully the hawks offer enough for band 1 (which he deserves) and he can go with the Saints blessing.

Meh we missed on Mckay last year and 'settled' for Chol, D'ambrosio and Ginnivan and it worked pretty well.
Dya reckon McKay is now happy with his decision to go to Essendon? Or is it a WTF was I thinking. Gotta love players badly mucking up jumping ship decisions, plenty of them eh Deledio LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back