Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been directly asked a few times now, same thing happened after the Essendon win. It's poor form from the media where they know he can't come out and say that he's leaving when being interviewed.

He's just being polite and professional until it's appropriate to come out and say he's leaving, which is after our last game this year.
I hate it. Poor guy should just do the dusty and ignore them

He's been directly asked a few times now, same thing happened after the Essendon win. It's poor form from the media where they know he can't come out and say that he's leaving when being interviewed.

He's just being polite and professional until it's appropriate to come out and say he's leaving, which is after our last game this year.
I guess the other option is that he genuinely doesn't know yet.

e.g. if Hawthorn go all in on Barrass, would they want to (or be able to) get Battle as well?

It might be a "Happy to go if someone comes with a big offer, happy to stay if they don't" kind of deal.

I guess the other option is that he genuinely doesn't know yet.

e.g. if Hawthorn go all in on Barrass, would they want to (or be able to) get Battle as well?

It might be a "Happy to go if someone comes with a big offer, happy to stay if they don't" kind of deal.

Does Barrass really impact getting Battle for the Hawks though ?.

Just a matter of salary cap and you would think they could fit both comfortably.

No huge superstar salaries down at Glenferrie at the moment by the looks.

Looks like an extremely solid backline for the Hawks if they can get both.

Does Barrass really impact getting Battle for the Hawks though ?.

Just a matter of salary cap and you would think they could fit both comfortably.

No huge superstar salaries down at Glenferrie at the moment by the looks.

Looks like an extremely solid backline for the Hawks if they can get both.
We need to pay somebody!

Wouldn't be much as you mentioned

Hopefully ANB has given Josh the confidence to come and say he is leaving for Hawthorn

Put everyone at ease

I think we're mature enough to deal with these decisions during the season.

I totally agree, but also we can respect the fact that there is no obligation for the guy to say anything. He's contracted to play for us, he is playing well for us, and if he wants to keep quiet until the last possible moment, for whatever reason, that's no knock against him.

The opposite is true. ANB going public now and not at the end of the season shows how poor the culture is at Melbourne.

Will the crowd at Melbourne home games boo him? They play GC away then at the G filled up by I'd guess 80% pies supporters. I don't think it will hurt cohesion.

Clubs are more mature than the footy public regarding player contracts and moving, they all keep the lie going that they are thinking and considering options etc so they don't get booed by their own fans.

I totally agree, but also we can respect the fact that there is no obligation for the guy to say anything. He's contracted to play for us, he is playing well for us, and if he wants to keep quiet until the last possible moment, for whatever reason, that's no knock against him.
Wasn't a knock

Just hopefully the industry starts to mature

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With barrass likely going hawks does that impact battles decision?

Are there any other clubs going after battle?

We will have a spot for both.

Barrass + Battle gives us flexibility to release Weddle up the ground as either the free wheeling CHF ala Jeremy Cameron or on the wing, or to even throw Sicily forward for extended periods of time.

"I’m hearing that free agent Josh Battle will stay at St Kilda.

However, that could just be a play to force the Hawks to up the ante on an offer."

No player outside of the top 25% of the salary cap should land a team band one compensation anyway. Hopefully if he leaves St Kilda do not get band one.
That’s ones of the stupidest things I’ve heard in a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back