Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield is the one I can think off

Probably a number of players leaving GWS and GC.

Danger left for less money?

Wow. :oops: :oops: Really?

Then how the hell did he afford his new place?

I dont get it.

Over It Eye Roll GIF by Shalita Grant

It's obvious there should be no compo picks for losing a player to free agency. The compensation is the massive space in your salary cap. Getting a pick as well just punishes every other club.
If only they had the guts to not give compo at the start. They created this mess

It's obvious there should be no compo picks for losing a player to free agency. The compensation is the massive space in your salary cap. Getting a pick as well just punishes every other club.

It can be poor compensation for teams if they already have massive space in their cap.
I think you're oversimplifying a lot of things if you think its obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has the smell of a reverse Brad Crouch

Saints "just under Paid for crouch not to get band 1" looking like similar coming back

I would rather see compensation pissed off.
But the flip side to that I want players without non trade clauses starting from when Tasmania enter the league be able to be traded by teams without consent.

If players want free agency clubs need to have another mechanism to help there list.

I wish Battle all the best if he leaves.
I know this isn’t an easy decision for him because he genuinely loves the saints.
But there a lot of external factors putting pressure on him to go.

Get rid of compensation and the league will die .... this is not like the NFL where players who have to leave home to attend colleges are conditoned and happy to play anywhere in the US for money.

Have a look at all the SA & WA players ... some who are contracted mind you and play in a team outside of their home state ... who want to go home for family reasons.

Academy systems where player from that state get to stay in that state and don't want to leave that state.

A now the new classic ..... I want to play in front of "big crowds"

Compensation is required to keep the smaller, less wealthier clubs competitive for the most part .... the AFL won't be getting rid of it anytime soon

Get rid of compensation and the league will die .... this is not like the NFL where players who have to leave home to attend colleges are conditoned and happy to play anywhere in the US for money.

Have a look at all the SA & WA players ... some who are contracted mind you and play in a team outside of their home state ... who want to go home for family reasons.

Academy systems where player from that state get to stay in that state and don't want to leave that state.

A now the new classic ..... I want to play in front of "big crowds"

Compensation is required to keep the smaller, less wealthier clubs competitive for the most part .... the AFL won't be getting rid of it anytime soon
Hungry Dinner GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back