Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, who actually wants to play for North?

That's several rungs below St Kilda

Broken Heart Reaction GIF by Travis

But the flip side to that I want players without non trade clauses starting from when Tasmania enter the league be able to be traded by teams without consent.

If players want free agency clubs need to have another mechanism to help there list.

I agree with you there. Problem is players aren't paid enough and the AFL won't stump up more. Thus the last EBA.

Can't force trade a kid on 90k across the country. They aren't on half a mil multi year rookie contracts minimum like in the USA leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you there. Problem is players aren't paid enough and the AFL won't stump up more. Thus the last EBA.

Can't force trade a kid on 90k across the country. They aren't on half a mil multi year rookie contracts minimum like in the USA leagues.
I used to think that.
But every club has coteries for support and families that take new players in until they get settled.
There is far to much power given to the players at the moment
FA is a wonderful mechanism but the clubs need a mechanism aswell

I used to think that.
But every club has coteries for support and families that take new players in until they get settled.
There is far to much power given to the players at the moment
FA is a wonderful mechanism but the clubs need a mechanism aswell

Disagree too much power to the players, or "coterie support" is the answer.
We are far away from non consent trades because 1. Player wages are too low 2. League structure is far too small. Compare it to leagues overseas that can be traded against their will.

Hell it was only the recent EBA that clubs now have mandatory levels of medical back room staff...

To keep it relevant to Battle, in the current state of the league, it's only fair to compensate teams who lose quality players. Whether that is a pick 2 or pick 17 for an A grade player is determined entirely on how shit the team is at that state of time. It's relatively as fair as things can be right now.

114 Million people watch "football" in the USA.
Do the math.

Disagree too much power to the players, or "coterie support" is the answer.
We are far away from non consent trades because 1. Player wages are too low 2. League structure is far too small. Compare it to leagues overseas that can be traded against their will.

Hell it was only the recent EBA that clubs now have mandatory levels of medical back room staff...

To keep it relevant to Battle, in the current state of the league, it's only fair to compensate teams who lose quality players. Whether that is a pick 2 or pick 17 for an A grade player is determined entirely on how shit the team is at that state of time. It's relatively as fair as things can be right now.
In relation to the compo.
It will be what it will be if its band 1 great if its band 2 the people will complain but we will get over it.

I just want to know the actual formula.
we know damn well that sweetheart things have happened to prop up clubs in the past.
Frawley band 1
Mckay band 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back