Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt Hawks will up the offer just to secure him. Also don't what this new offer is from saints do we? Could still be less than Hawks offer just closer.

Barrass is meant to be on $750k a year at the eagles so you would expect a $200k increase for him = $950k
Cannot see the Hawks paying Battle the same cash
So 3 defenders on A grader salary, I can't see any team investing that much in defense. At most you will have is 2 like Melbourne did with Lever and May.

Barrass is meant to be on $750k a year at the eagles so you would expect a $200k increase for him = $950k
Cannot see the Hawks paying Battle the same cash

Hawks should just be getting Battle so they can save a first round draft pick.

Pretty much the same player and cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily is more like Battle, Barass is a different KPD to both.
How is he different ?

I dont see Barrass as a KPD that takes on the gorilla fowards he is more intercepting tall than a lockdown KPD
Battle is only 193cm and not the player that takes on a Tom Lynch Sam darcy or Ben King

With TB coming Battle really doesnt make alot of sense now and $3 mil for 3 defenders is alot of cap space to lose

How is he different ?

I dont see Barrass as a KPD that takes on the gorilla fowards he is more intercepting tall than a lockdown KPD
Battle is only 193cm and not the player that takes on a Tom Lynch Sam darcy or Ben King

With TB coming Battle really doesnt make alot of sense now and $3 mil for 3 defenders is alot of cap space to lose
Barrass is 197cm compared to Battle at 193cm.
1724846134888.png

I like both Battle and Barrass as individuals. Think they would both be good additions certainly for my club or any club. I do have a slight concern with why the need for both. We've played really well with a smaller backline this year. It has rarely hurt us, and has helped with creating run and overlap and enhanced our ball movement. Adding two talls (assuming they replace Frost, poor him, he has been really good for 2 straight years) to the mix of Sicily, Weddle and Scrimshaw does alter their set-up back there quite a bit. Perhaps it allows them to get really creative with Weddle. I'm not absolutely convinced that going taller works or makes them better.
If I had to choose in a vacuum, I'd prefer Barrass. His extra length is something that Hawthorn could use to cover all the 200cm+ forwards running around nowadays. Battle is a little undersized, and we have plenty of undersized key backs already. In saying that, Battle has performed really well and his lack of height doesn't seem to hurt him often. The fact that he is an UFA also makes him extremely attractive.

I like both Battle and Barrass as individuals. Think they would both be good additions certainly for my club or any club. I do have a slight concern with why the need for both. We've played really well with a smaller backline this year. It has rarely hurt us, and has helped with creating run and overlap and enhanced our ball movement. Adding two talls (assuming they replace Frost, poor him, he has been really good for 2 straight years) to the mix of Sicily, Weddle and Scrimshaw does alter their set-up back there quite a bit. Perhaps it allows them to get really creative with Weddle. I'm not absolutely convinced that going taller works or makes them better.
If I had to choose in a vacuum, I'd prefer Barrass. His extra length is something that Hawthorn could use to cover all the 200cm+ forwards running around nowadays. Battle is a little undersized, and we have plenty of undersized key backs already. In saying that, Battle has performed really well and his lack of height doesn't seem to hurt him often. The fact that he is an UFA also makes him extremely attractive.
Why are you talking about extra length? it’s an odd use of the word. He’s not auditioning for an adult movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back