Josh Caddy. 2010 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of talk on the drafts & trading forum stating how if he wants go back to Melbourne because of his sick father, he'd go to any Melbourne club. Kinda agree, but I'm gonna wait for some announcement from us regarding the whole thing.

edit: reading the article, it mentioned we were after one of their top 5. could that be hurley? hypothetically, would this work?

ess > gc: hurley
gc> ess: caddy + toy

which way would need a draft pick to balance it out? i highly doubt essendon would part ways with hurley, as we would want to with both toy and caddy, but i'm just wondering. :eek:
Cheeky devil;)

He is contracted. If he wants to leave on compassionate grounds because his Dad is sick, then any Melbourne club should do. If he was uncontracted he can nominate a club but given Gold Coast want to keep him and he is appealing to their sense of decency, he needs to reciprocate and let a bidding war commence.

I'd love him at Carlton because we are short on quality inside mids. Would offer up Lucas & 22. Lucas was #12 two years ago and I rate him highly. If we could somehow downgrade our Pick 22 to Freo's Pick 16 by giving them Bower, then I would look at that too.

GC lose Caddy, gain Lucas, #16
Freo lose #16, gain Bower, #22
Carlton lose #22, Bower, Lucas

Some Carlton supporters would suggest that is overs but he is exactly what we need, and Gold Coast have the upper hand.

facebook: AFL Off Season Information. Trades, Delistings, Retirements
Josh Caddy says he wants to come home to Victoria to help his ill father and has nominated Essendon as his preferred club.

:/ Hope this is just a rumour. No source stated.

Its starting to carry some momentum and weight with this rumour, its dissapointing in a football sense, but family is always first.
Good luck to the negotiators and Caddy if this is the case. :(

I am getting cynical in my older age but reading the article "heart condition" could mean high cholesterol for all we know and is being used at a reason to get a deal done. Nominating a club is the height of arrogance if he is overcome with concern about his father. Smacks of a Essendon scam to me and if so they should pay dearly to secure him.

Was thinking the same thing myself SK. An extended leave of absence on compassionate grounds. Why does he have to change clubs? How long is his old man going to be crook for? As someone who has been in the situation of having loved ones sick / dying in a different country, there's not a lot you can do anyway, other than pray for them.
As a professional footballer, it's not as if he would have the time to manage the family business anyway. Get them both an Ipad with facetime. Anything to hold onto him... Do NOT want to lose this kid, especially for a dud deal. He could end up as valuable as Swallow, and I love the thought of Dave, Josh, Dion and Jaeger terrorizing other midfields for the next 10 years.

Josh Toy stayed down in Melbourne during 2009 because his father was sick and was finishing his schooling, I think. If letting Caddy live in Melbourne for a year was the only way to keep him at the club, I would take it.

Josh Toy stayed down in Melbourne during 2009 because his father was sick and was finishing his schooling, I think. If letting Caddy live in Melbourne for a year was the only way to keep him at the club, I would take it.

Can he play VFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The talk of Josh being homesick is rubbish. If in fact his father is ill, that would be the only reason he'd seek to come back. I know Josh and he absolutely loves life on the GC and with the club.

If he were to come back....forget Essendon, I reckon a swap for Beams would be fair from Collingwood.

If he were to come back....forget Essendon, I reckon a swap for Beams would be fair from Collingwood.

Caddy is a highly rated kid but Beams too is highly rated and is a young star within our team. He is best 22 material and his averages for a 21 year old are exceptional. He has runs on the board.

There's no way we would entertain this idea in a straight swap. Don't get me wrong, love to have Caddy but Beams is off limits.

The talk of Josh being homesick is rubbish. If in fact his father is ill, that would be the only reason he'd seek to come back. I know Josh and he absolutely loves life on the GC and with the club.

If you couldn't get six better deals than that, then something is clearly wrong with your football department.

He's worth a top ten 10 pick or a 10-20 pick and a starting 22 player.

If you couldn't get six better deals than that, then something is clearly wrong with your football department.

He's worth a top ten 10 pick or a 10-20 pick and a starting 22 player.

lol, are the rules generic about trolling on opposition boards even if you think you are being respectful?

Let me guess, Matty Campbell and your first pick is a better offer?

Seriously dude, you need to let your bias and hatred of all things Collingwood go.

lol, are the rules generic about trolling on opposition boards even if you think you are being respectful?

Let me guess, Matty Campbell and your first pick is a better offer?

Seriously dude, you need to let your bias and hatred of all things Collingwood go.
I think I saw him suggest first pick & Lindsay Thomas on the North board. :eek:

DONOTWANT_doggy2.jpg

^^^ lol exile.

I'm not here to compare offers or anything better that Pies could give up because the reality is we wouldn't be interested in compromising our list by sacrificing proven quality young talent for potential young talent.

We simply don't have the currency to do a trade, despite you guys obviously being pretty keen to perhaps entertain a Beams-Caddy deal but for us it's a no go zone.

Having said that, with all the proposals I've seen thus far i.e. Essendon offering pick 19 + Dyson/Slattery/Jenkins etc. an offer of Dayne Beams blows them all out of the water but again, it won't be happening and the likelihood IMO is Caddy will remain a GC player.

Good luck with it all tomorrow.

I've given Sunny a bit of detail. I'm sure you will all discuss it via PM which is cool. Just don't post it all publicly.

Long story short though... Essendon are dodgy pricks and talk of illness is exaggerated considerably for PR reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back