Draft Profile Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

He was still coming back from a foot injury against SA so I'll cut him slack on that game.

Fair enough. It's tough commenting sometimes. Caddy is an excellent prospect with a reasonable chance of being a useful AFL player. I guess what I'm trying to say is I doubt he's a certainty to be influential at AFL level. Of course none of the 2010 draftees are certainties, but kids like Gaff and perhaps Atley, with the benefit of full-time preparation, seem (to me) more likely to succeed. My comments shouldn't be seen as a knock on Caddy. I think he's a good player, with a good chance of doing well. Just don't think he's going to be Top 10. A good TAC finals series might change my opinion.

Fair enough. It's tough commenting sometimes. Caddy is an excellent prospect with a reasonable chance of being a useful AFL player. I guess what I'm trying to say is I doubt he's a certainty to be influential at AFL level. Of course none of the 2010 draftees are certainties, but kids like Gaff and perhaps Atley, with the benefit of full-time preparation, seem (to me) more likely to succeed. My comments shouldn't be seen as a knock on Caddy. I think he's a good player, with a good chance of doing well. Just don't think he's going to be Top 10. A good TAC finals series might change my opinion.

I don't know what you've been sniffin Kenny Whiffen. You say he seems very developed? Please explain further. The game in SA, you obviously were not at the game. He was better in that game than the one against NT. Against SA he had 26 touches kicked a goal and hit the post twice. Did turn it over a couple of times, but understand he gets contested footy under pressure for most of his possessions. The beauty of Josh that seperates him from most other inside mids, is that he can also play as a leading forward.He would have made the metro team playing that role alone if that was all he could do. Lets not forget that.

I don't know what you've been sniffin Kenny Whiffen. You say he seems very developed? Please explain further. The game in SA, you obviously were not at the game. He was better in that game than the one against NT. Against SA he had 26 touches kicked a goal and hit the post twice. Did turn it over a couple of times, but understand he gets contested footy under pressure for most of his possessions. The beauty of Josh that seperates him from most other inside mids, is that he can also play as a leading forward.He would have made the metro team playing that role alone if that was all he could do. Lets not forget that.

Spot on.

Goal kicking mids help win flags. His work ethic and leadership skills are first rate. And the fact that he tries to take players on too much is because he usually gets away with it and when put into an AFL system I have no doubt he will improve on the when too's when to not's.

He has Chapman like qualities!!

Defnately won't be breaking any 20 metre sprints at DC.

Inside mid with power. Very good ability to go forard and look at home. I'd say we'll see a lot of him in the F50 of whoever drafts him in his first year.

I just watched a youtube video of Josh. I don't understand why he is not a certain top 10 pick. Is there anything wrong with him?

I just watched a youtube video of Josh. I don't understand why he is not a certain top 10 pick. Is there anything wrong with him?

Thats what I thought when I saw his video, this blokes a dead set gun. He's as hard as nails, gets clearances, has decent pace and is versatile in the fact he can go forward and kick goals. I'd almost lock him in the top 10 but it depends on who slides and who's available for each club. Personally if Atley or Gaff aren't available at pick 8 I'd love to get Caddy.

Thats what I thought when I saw his video, this blokes a dead set gun. He's as hard as nails, gets clearances, has decent pace and is versatile in the fact he can go forward and kick goals. I'd almost lock him in the top 10 but it depends on who slides and who's available for each club. Personally if Atley or Gaff aren't available at pick 8 I'd love to get Caddy.

smith < caddy :thumbsu:

This is the bloke from Eltham right? If so then he is a gun seen him play in the last Under 18 championship all that you want from a player hard at it wins his own ball very physical Essendon would really do with him.

His brother play's full forward for Heidelberg and is a very good footballer, he would have played AFL but he has a hot head.
This Caddy looks good and is more level headed.
Good luck Caddy, I hope you end up at the lions.

Ran a 2.91 20m sprint at draft combine yesterday. Thats definately not slow wall-e.
I (and a lot of recruiters) was very happy and surprised to see that.

It will push his stocks a bit, but I still don't think he's got break away pace. When you're set for a sprint, it's a lot different than when your on a footy oval looking for the ball.

That said, very pleasing none the less.

Still didn't break any records ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caddy has all the qualities of J.Selwood and we know how he turned out. Might be a bolter. I'm happy if it means Smith slides ;). Or I'd be happy to take Caddy if he slides.

What are his skills like, mainly kicking?

To me he had probably the best stats from the U18 carnival. Had like 24 posses a game, 11 contested and 7 clearances a game. To avg 7 clearances a game is ridiculous. To me he looks the best mid in the draft besides Swallow. I would take him at 3 or 4 if i was a recruiter.

Its also clear from watching those U18 games that he got caught up in trying to impress to much, tried to take to many players on and shurg to many tackles. Although he was successful most occassions he did get caught a few times, which i dont think will happen once he realises he cant do that at AFL level. Ready made aswell, would step into most sides for round 1. Hopefully Essendon take him, he will become the best mid at of Gaff, Heppell, Atley, Smith, Polec IMO.

What's with all the deleting off posts?
This:
A reminder to people who wish to post on this board...

These threads are about the players, how they're performing and where they are likely to be taken in the draft.

What these threads are NOT for are comments along the following lines:
  • "I really like player X".
  • "I hope player X slips to pick Y so that my club can select him".
  • "Player X would fit in really well in the back line at team Y."
Inane rubbish like this has been (and will continue to be) deleted on sight.

Well the time has come.

It's been a long wait but for such a high pick GC obviously didn't want anybody else to have him.

Anybody know how many kgs he is now? This might have been posted in the GC forum so I will go have a look.

Still has quite a lot of bulk. In fact, I was surprised how big he was when I saw him last week. Heard he did a lot of time on the bike during his recovery. Not sure on the exact KGs though.

Played for one quarter in his first game back in the reserves a few weeks ago. The following week he played a half and tore it up. Got 20+ possies in just that one half alone.

Following week (last week) he was one of the best on ground against the Giants, played 3/4 of the game. Seemed to be moving very easily.

Didn't take him long to get comfortable again! Hoping he makes a splash against the Dees tomorrow. Like I said, still has quite a bit of bulk on him. Will probably be the sub, but should be good to see when he comes on.

Draft Profile Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back