Coach Josh Carr - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I stated my position early, when I said that Carr would be the next senior coach at PAFC. Who knows whether he will end up being successful?

What I do know is he's had a clear vision and plan to be a senior coach. It's why he left Port and went to North Adelaide, where he won a premiership. It's why he then went to Fremantle to expand his skillset.

I'll watch with interest, as to his impact on midfield structure, but more importantly the players he puts through the midfield. I expect we will see players with better speed and agility, and attacking instinct.

I stated my position early, when I said that Carr would be the next senior coach at PAFC. Who knows whether he will end up being successful?

What I do know is he's had a clear vision and plan to be a senior coach. It's why he left Port and went to North Adelaide, where he won a premiership. It's why he then went to Fremantle to expand his skillset.

I'll watch with interest, as to his impact on midfield structure, but more importantly the players he puts through the midfield. I expect we will see players with better speed and agility, and attacking instinct.
What was Fremantles midfield while he was there, Brayshaw who is arguably the best in the comp, Serong probably stalled a bit under Carr’s tutelage, Mundy still ran through there so he can the best from the older blokes (Boak and Wines)?

Was able to take Will Broadie from delisted plodder to menace. Jye Clarke, Blake Acres and James Aish throughout were serviceable.

I feel on pure talent alone we far and away outshine the Fremantle unit, however he seems to be able to work with those desperate sorts well. Maybe get a fair bit of uplift from Drew & Dumont, may work well with Wines and Boak. Would think a familiar voice to Rozee would/should work well. Butters to be our Brayshaw? Hopefully JHF has that prick attitude Carr did and they connect on so many levels. Feel Duursma, Bonner and Bergman are similar moods to the Acres, Aish and Clarke types he was able to get a bit out of…

Last edited:

Listening to his presser, when he said he always saw himself coming back to SA, it sounded more like this is where he wanted to come back to settle, than wanting to come back for a short spell. I think if he’s given the chance at a senior coach spot in SA, he'll grab it.

Listening to his presser, when he said he always saw himself coming back to SA, it sounded more like this is where he wanted to come back to settle, than wanting to come back for a short spell. I think if he’s given the chance at a senior coach spot in SA, he'll grab it.
Watch out Nicksy

Can't imagine Carr ever working for Adelaide it goes against every fibre of his being, I have no doubt he's after Ken's job no matter what he says to the SA media.

Whether or not Josh is best for us who knows.

Can't imagine Carr ever working for Adelaide it goes against every fibre of his being, I have no doubt he's after Ken's job no matter what he says to the SA media.

Whether or not Josh is best for us who knows,
Port have historically promoted from within, Carr has started his Career with us as a player, understands the Port way, has Coached lines with us, left to better himself as a head coach (with success) then to coach a line at another AFL club. Like Choco heading overseas to learn from NFL, Soccer, etc this is the old Port way.

This isn’t a Primus hire, poor bloke was hung to dry, this has a Hocking to the SANFL feel about it. What I want from a Port Leader is everything this man has ever shown/promoted.

Ken has been great, he was what we needed, he brought a broken club together and laid foundations that should see our culture thrive and develop. gray and Boak surely hang around the club for the next 30 years. However PORT ADELAIDE people need Premierships and Ken has show multiple times he just doesn’t have the flair to spring a surprise to win a big game. To the point of now coaching to lose and keep the loss as small as possible.

The dare isn’t there and we play with zero mongrel.

Love you Ken for you have done for my club, but you have ~8 Months to find the dare, find the mongrel or else these bags will pack themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have historically promoted from within, Carr has started his Career with us as a player, understands the Port way, has Coached lines with us, left to better himself as a head coach (with success) then to coach a line at another AFL club. Like Choco heading overseas to learn from NFL, Soccer, etc this is the old Port way.

This isn’t a Primus hire, poor bloke was hung to dry, this has a Hocking to the SANFL feel about it. What I want from a Port Leader is everything this man has ever shown/promoted.

Ken has been great, he was what we needed, he brought a broken club together and laid foundations that should see our culture thrive and develop. gray and Boak surely hang around the club for the next 30 years. However PORT ADELAIDE people need Premierships and Ken has show multiple times he just doesn’t have the flair to spring a surprise to win a big game. To the point of now coaching to lose and keep the loss as small as possible.

Love you Ken for you have done for my club, but you have ~8 Months to find the dare, find the mongrel or else these bags will pack themselves.
Ken did not bring a broken club together. Ken Hinkley took the job because he couldn't get any other AFL gig despite multiple attempts. He also got the gig because Keith Thomas is a toothless tiger and lost Leon Cameron at the eleventh hour .

Last edited:
Ken did not bring a broken club together. Ken Hinkley took the job because he couldn't get any other AFL gig despite multiple attempts. He also got the gig because Keith Thomas is a toothless tiger and lost Leon Cameron at the eleventh hour .
He didn't even want the job and refused to interview for it.

t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

Either Josh really knows what he is doing or he is very lucky being in the right place at the right time with the improvement of Freo's young midfield now taking over at Port with Rozie, Butters and JHF all looking like they could be elite midfielders.
It’s not just the talent but Carr seems to have brought structure and a plan. Our midfielders seemed well drilled for a change.

Whether or not Josh is best for us who knows.
I'd certainly like to find out. With Carr at the helm, the future looks incredibly bright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Josh Carr - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back