Coach Josh Carr - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

If we agree that the club’s hierarchy have not delivered through bad decisions how is anyone ok with the same hierarchy appointing Carr through anointment?
Yeah it's definitely a concern - but I think they are different decisions. Removing an incumbent versus selecting the best replacement once the former decision had been made.

The decision makers have shown very little risk appetite, and yes that may flow on to favouring an internal candidate in Carr, but I'm willing to give them some benefit of the doubt in their capability to select the best new candidate.

Carry presents well to the media, he's not rude or a smartarse.

As a coach, he strikes me as a guy who will seek to be respected, not loved.

And he won't be afraid to bring in outside opinions that challenge his thinking.

I liked the interviews Bass gave, I also don't reckon a few of our players would be playing if he was coach, he comes across as knowledgeable and ruthless, just too left of centre for Alberton.

If Hinkley leaves and Carr gets the job, is there any possibility that a favourite son that doesn't like Hinkley could come home to be an assistant.
I’d love Brad back.

Maybe Brett can join the fitness team with Travis

I liked the interviews Bass gave, I also don't reckon a few of our players would be playing if he was coach, he comes across as knowledgeable and ruthless, just too left of centre for Alberton.
Wasn’t Bas the pioneer of a small key defenders, group defence?

That would be nice. He’d take over from Josh
My guess is that he wouldn't be coming directly as an assistant coach, likely as development or potentially as reserves coach but who knows. I do rate that he didn't just stay in SA and at the club (like Hartlett) and instead got some external experience to bring home.

It's time to let him go, like Billy.

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we get Lade back as ruck coach
He wants a bigger role than just ruck coach and his family were happy in Melbourne so can't see that happening.

In my opinion ruck coach is pretty much a non-event. They are just there to communicate messages from the senior coach and oversee KPIs etc. Perhaps they have a little influence in coaching how to position around the ground in general play, but that's about it, and even then a lot of that comes down to the natural ability of the player to read the play.

Unlike other lines, there is very little you can coach in the ruck - rucks either have it, or they don't.

Agreed, no doubt he's likely to be involved at a club winning a premiership this year, all be it in the SANFL.... Isn't he back at the deadlegs?

Yep, assistant to Steve Marshall Jade Rawlings

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Josh Carr - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back