Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

Tigers most likely end up with a pick around 7-10 I reckon. That'd be enough.
I assume that will be part of the trade for Tom Green.
TBH I think Green to Richmond is far more likely.

I assume that will be part of the trade for Tom Green.
TBH I think Green to Richmond is far more likely.
Reckon Green stays. They'll prioritise and let a gun or two go (Bruhn, Hopper, Taranto).

I'd like to see the Dons have another crack with the money we can offer, but I also imagine there's an element of that ship sailing...and we're in an awkward trading position too. Unless it was something like F1 + 21 for Dunkley + Dogs 1st and see what that ends up being before other collateral is considered.

The question is with where with the Bombers are at would he even want to go there anymore? I guess money can talk but he has become good friends with Treloar.
The other question is how much extra money will he get elsewhere without going to a fully rebuilding team

The other question is how much extra money will he get elsewhere without going to a fully rebuilding team
That is really what it comes down to isn't it? I think when he signed his last contract it was rumoured to be around $450k a year, Doggies are probably happy to bump that up to $600k p.a. over 4 years. Maybe Adz can just pass through his $300k from Collingwood to Dunks.

The question is with where with the Bombers are at would he even want to go there anymore? I guess money can talk but he has become good friends with Treloar.

Borderline family now with Ads. Close with his kids and partner now too. Just can’t see him moving interstate if he was to leave. But still confident he stays.

That is really what it comes down to isn't it? I think when he signed his last contract it was rumoured to be around $450k a year, Doggies are probably happy to bump that up to $600k p.a. over 4 years. Maybe Adz can just pass through his $300k from Collingwood to Dunks.
It Dogs are only paying that amount I think the Dons should throw a front loaded $800k over 4 years at him.
Would require a first round pic and Dons pick 3 is to high for him.

Dogs don't have the money to spare, would hard for them to hold onto so many star players.

It Dogs are only paying that amount I think the Dons should throw a front loaded $800k over 4 years at him.
Would require a first round pic and Dons pick 3 is to high for him.

Dogs don't have the money to spare, would hard for them to hold onto so many star players.
Someone else mentioned Dunkley and our first rounder for pick 3 and pick 21 (I think it was). Not sure how others feel about it but I’d probably do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we trade 2x 1sts for Dunkley and maybe a second back.

Dunkley is that perfect big-bodied inside mid with defensive pressure we need to facilitate N Daicos, J Daicos, R Mcinnis, F Macrae which are all damaging mids on the softer side.

Perfect replacement for the role Jack Crisp is playing for us.

Someone else mentioned Dunkley and our first rounder for pick 3 and pick 21 (I think it was). Not sure how others feel about it but I’d probably do it.
If I was the Dons I'd do pick 3 and future 2nd for Dunkley + Dogs first round pick.
Dons can't trade pick 21 this year for father-son Alwen Davies JR.

If Josh is after money, I don't think he'll get another chance to make as much again.

If I was the Dons I'd do pick 3 and future 2nd for Dunkley + Dogs first round pick.
Dons can't trade pick 21 this year for father-son Alwen Davies JR.

If Josh is after money, I don't think he'll get another chance to make as much again.

We absolutely can trade this years second rounder.

Imo he is not worth pick 3, even with the Dogs first round pick going back Essendon's way.

A player like George Wardlaw is much more important for Essendon's future than Dunkley imo
Dunks takes that pissweak Essendon midfield to another level. Him feeding it out to the mosquito fleet of McGrath, Merrett & Parish is much better than Jake Stringer pretending he’s a mid for 37 seconds a quarter then getting too puffed.

Dunkley still fits the Dons list the best of any available player this year and they’d again be the front runner if he doesn’t sign. They’d also have a substantial amount of $$ ready once again. Will take 5 years at 700k to get him. He wants to be the face of somewhere and loves a brand deal so being the Dons poster boy might suit his off field agenda.

Dunks takes that pissweak Essendon midfield to another level. Him feeding it out to the mosquito fleet of McGrath, Merrett & Parish is much better than Jake Stringer pretending he’s a mid for 37 seconds a quarter then getting too puffed.

Dunkley still fits the Dons list the best of any available player this year and they’d again be the front runner if he doesn’t sign. They’d also have a substantial amount of $$ ready once again. Will take 5 years at 700k to get him. He wants to be the face of somewhere and loves a brand deal so being the Dons poster boy might suit his off field agenda.
37 seconds a quarter for Stringer is being generous.

and boy wouldn't his old man love that..

$$

Might be unfair on Dunks, but there does seem to be a perception about him that he might be a mercenary.

Would be pleasantly surprised if.he stayed at The Dogs, cause I would assume they can't afford to give him as much coin as Richmond, Hawthorn, Essendon, the two SA clubs etc.

Surprised the Hawks have not been really mentioned yet, would be perfect for their regenerating midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back