Josh Fraser

Remove this Banner Ad

I am concerned about this - it sounds like the same injury he sustained in the State game last year, and that basically stuffed up the remainder of his season.

Seems like he may have damaged some cartilage or something maybe. Just a clean up.

Ah well take the positives.

Wood now gets a few weeks as number 1 ruckman playing a fair bit of game time and Josh gets a freshen up.

Could be a good thing moving into the finals. If Wood can show some signs maybe Malthouse will find a bit of faith in him.

We'll be right, and I'm still tipping a win tomorrow.

his out for to weeks so leigh brown out chris bryan in i like the sounds of that bryan to play full foward and swap around with wood

-yeah id take that.. but id want bryan to be used as a human guillotine.. he wont be playing finals so knocking the stuffing out of a few of his old team mates would be great in my eyes...

Thats pretty serious news when you consider what it could mean to our season. Just as we are coming up against the Blues, Brissie and Adelaide. This could be the difference between a top 4 place finish or not. Fraser is that important to the team. I really hope he can get back in 2-3 weeks but lets face it thats a best case scenario and recovery times after surgery can be fickle. The only positive is that it gives Wood time to cement a spot in the team. I really hope he can the opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to say if he is your most important player but when he went off against the dogs that's when they came back at you and didn't play last week and we know what happened.

I think this will allow Krueze to push forward more then normal which is really what we fans are waiting for and this will also provide some head aches in regards to your plans of matching up Fev and using a spare man to block his leads.

Big blow for you guys....any word on N.Brown?

I feel sorry for Josh. He's going to miss a big win tomorrow night.

Are we tanking now?

Is there really that much difference between him and Leroy??

I'd rate their ability as equally sh!t.

The Bear would contest the ruck better though.

Pretty damn sad its a choice between these two :(

Bears papers seem stamped. If he can't even train with the main group with Fraser out for 2-3, then he is just about finished you'd reckon.

Warning. Dream team question below. Sorry guys looked for a DT/SC thread but could not find one and there was no link to such a thread in the stickied threads that I could see...

He is listed as 1 to 2 this week. IIRC he was also listed as 1 to 2 last week. In the DT board there was a comment that someone with inside info said he was more likely 4 weeks away.

Has anyone heard anything else on him?

They said when he got surgery that he was 2-3 weeks away as a best case scenario. That would mean that the best case is he will available this week (highly doubtful I think), but more likely next week (and maybe longer). I'd wait to see the named teams, I havn't heard anything about training so I don't know if he is back yet. Theres not really that much time left in the season so if you don't have a back-up ruckman, and you have the trades and money it's probably worth trading him. The ruck choices are pretty thin though. I've got the same issues with Cox :(

EDIT: I think he may actually have had surgery a week after the injury which would mean best case is he is back next week but its unlikely. Can someone confirm this??

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Fraser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back