Toast Josh Fraser

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I know that Josh isn't exactly flavour of the month; especially since his "effort" against Jamar, however it appears likely that given the impending Cloke suspension that he may line up for his 200th game against the Saints. I would like to offer up an early toast to a player that I believe deserves the respect of all Collingwood supporters. The truth is that he was not meant to be a ruckman; his body has been smashed since day one, despite this he has never complained and has always carried himself with great dignity. I hope he lines up against the hated Saints and who knows may even play an important role in a famous victory. Well done Josh on playing 200 games for the mighty CFC!

Dear Josh
Many kids have dreams to play for he Collingwood football club, GROW SOME BALLS PLEASE.,

last chance this week for him, throw him CHF and see what he can do, i kind of like josh , but shit hes been terrible this year, time to redeem urself mate, be proud playing for the Collingwood football club, its his last chance im sure of it.

Didn't sound like he was particularly impressive in the VFL. I would rather he wasn't gifted a game just because a spot has opened up.

Just play Brown/Dawes up forward.

Didn't sound like he was particularly impressive in the VFL. I would rather he wasn't gifted a game just because a spot has opened up.

Just play Brown/Dawes up forward.

Totally agree here he needs to earn his spot now, but if we lose Trav,Anthony we need him.

Many kids have dreams to play for he Collingwood football club, GROW SOME BALLS PLEASE.,

And i 2nd this :thumbsu:

I really dont understand when people say he wasnt supposed to be a ruckman. He is over 200cm tall, that seems a good size to be a ruckman, and he certainly doesnt have the capabilities of being a pure key forward. Maybe he should have been a back up ruck

Can you w***ers take the rubbish to another thread to bag Josh Fraser, instead of ruining a good thread congratulating him on on 200 games for the club you claim to love.

Congrats Josh, a great Collingwood servant. Put your body on the line playing with injuries as a solo ruckman for a decade.

Josh annoys most supporters including myself because of what he CAN produce, when he has that man on a mission look about him and works and works in games he cannot be questioned but the other Fraser that turns up 3 out of 4 weeks and simply doesnt work hard enough for AFL standard is not good enough.

This opinion that he looks laconic and his body is shot is not an excuse, hes on the list, if he plays he is fit, and it may just be a case of hes just not good enough anymore but body language and effort is something even the daftest of supporters can pick up on so its up to him to prove he still has something to offer.

thats all great, but there are 5 threads a week giving people the opportunity to bag Josh Fraser, and they usually come running to do so.

So how about we let this one be a nice thread congratulating the man for 200 games service to the club?

thats all great, but there are 5 threads a week giving people the opportunity to bag Josh Fraser, and they usually come running to do so.

So how about we let this one be a nice thread congratulating the man for 200 games service to the club?

I'll congratulate him when he is selected for his 200th game, and not before.

When he is selected (and I'd put money on next week rather then this week) he deserves the congratulations of all Collingwood supporters, that I will agree with.

I'll congratulate him when he is selected for his 200th game, and not before.

When he is selected (and I'd put money on next week rather then this week) he deserves the congratulations of all Collingwood supporters, that I will agree with.

Exactly, this thread is stupid as hell. How do we absolutely know he will be playing next week..

Just wait and see :confused:

If Cloke and Anthony go, which is more likely than not, Fraser will be back in the side. If he is ordinary as a forward he is in real strife. He needs to come in and make a mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His first really great game was about round 15 in his first year and it was against the Saints. One of his best high school friends had died during the week and he wore a black arm band. Suddenly Josh was taking round the ground marks and he kicked a snap goal off the ground similar to the one he kicked in the final against the Crows 2 years ago.
That night he was running around possessed and I actually got scared looking at close ups of his eyes. The look on his face at the end of the game was a mixture of pure over-hyped adrenaline and deep sadness. Powerful stuff.

I never wanna see him in the ruck again becuase its not his position but if love him in the forward line. If he can start playing like he produced on Anzac day and kicking 2-3 goals a game then that will improve us big time becuase i just think our forward line is too small when we play Geelong and Stkillda. I still rekon he is not finish as a forward thats the last thing we have left to turn this player around.

Why would Fraser be considered to be a key forward? For starters he is too slow. And for seconds Peter Bell can beat him in a marking contest.
Not only! but he can be very lazy.

Anyway, we already have plenty of key forwards: Cloke, Dawes, Davis, Dick, Medders, Anthony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Josh Fraser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back