Josh Kennedy – the real number #1 draft pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

jezza said:
Haha, tell that to the Hawk fans that are raving about high school performances!!!!
Regarding Ellis, 30-40+ possies after missing 10+ weeks of footy is good at any level IMO.

Plus, I remember when your mob used to talk about Daniel Jackson's (?) school performances.

I think for Carlton supporters it is great news. We need it!!

But yes, it is only VFL so we shouldn't be too carried away. You need to remember though with some of our recent top picks, we never saw anything. I am looking at you Livo.

coffee man said:
Parrot - The Golden Rule for bigfooty: Dont brag about VFL performances! Do you the kid to be the next Colin Sylvia (eg. over-rated before doing anything at AFL level?)
Actually I agree with you but the second half today was something exceptional with some really strong, towering marks only a player with alot of ability can take. I believe he will be a real star in 2-3 years. Probably the best way to put it the peformance was a VFL version of Jonathon Brown at his best, just hope it manifests itself as the AFL version one day. Only time will tell. As you said I'd love to see it at AFL level, as it is another level again, but that today was good and irrespective of the level there was some real potential there. Talls take alot longer to develop at AFL due to the size factor but I'm very confident about this guy after watching that today.

parrot said:
Maybe not, as most would say there is quite a distance between Marc Murphy and the rest of the 2005 draft selections, but after watching Josh play today in the VFL during the bye week, I’m not so sure. Today he took a string of sensational pack marks and kicked a lazy 5. Already huge, even at 18, and hits packs very very hard. An absolute natural CHF, rather than a ruckman being made into a forward type. Wasn’t expecting him to progress this year after his interrupted preseason, but now realise why the Blues recruiters rated him as the 2nd best of the 2005 draft, even ahead of Ellis. It won’t be long before Josh kicks a few bags of 5 at AFL level. The next J Brown I suspect. :)
will be good but a bit premature parrot.
to put it into perspective some say jason cloke would be leading the liston at the moment.

gandaal said:
That I doubt.
i dont give the votes. ezra poyas won a liston too.
he will be a good player for you guys but my pet hate is people expecting too much of some young players, and then bagging the crap out of others. tough gig afl, give them time.
though i do understand your excitement. nothing wrong with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimthegreat said:
Actually I agree with you but the second half today was something exceptional with some really strong, towering marks only a player with alot of ability can take. I believe he will be a real star in 2-3 years. Probably the best way to put it the peformance was a VFL version of Jonathon Brown at his best, just hope it manifests itself as the AFL version one day. Only time will tell. As you said I'd love to see it at AFL level, as it is another level again, but that today was good and irrespective of the level there was some real potential there. Talls take alot longer to develop at AFL due to the size factor but I'm very confident about this guy after watching that today.

He did look really good today ,and I believe he'll develop into a top line AFL player , but it must be remembered that North Ballarat have virtually no key position defenders. You can't say that about any AFL side.

andypie said:
pies need onballers. simple.
Agree, Kennedy wouldn't fit into collingwoods forward line at the moment. he can't break into the 15th teams forward line at the moment...Thomas has been a good pick up for the pies...

C4[2]Yo`DooR said:
Hows Paddy Ryder ?

Still afraid of his own shadow ? :p

You tell me on sunday ok mate. You want to marry him or something. EVery time I talk about a carlton player you bring him up. Kennedy would not fit into Collingwood's forward line AT THE MOMENT. And he isn't playing for Carlton either. Give it a rest

jules101 said:
You tell me on sunday ok mate. You want to marry him or something. EVery time I talk about a carlton player you bring him up. Kennedy would not fit into Collingwood's forward line AT THE MOMENT. And he isn't playing for Carlton either. Give it a rest

WTF are u smoking man ?

our game is next Friday .... which is why Kennedy and the other youngsters played in the VFL today. :thumbsu:

There goes your theory.

Groucho said:
He did look really good today ,and I believe he'll develop into a top line AFL player , but it must be remembered that North Ballarat have virtually no key position defenders. You can't say that about any AFL side.
I gave the difference in level between AFL and VFL a mention to keep it in some sort of perspective. Irrespective it was a the performance of a player who seemed destined to make his mark at AFL. I've probably jinxed him.

philhawk said:
Didn't Kennedy also have a shoulder reco earlier this year? Lets hope the kid has better luck with his shoulders than Nick did. :thumbsu:

No. It was just a clean up operation. No full shoulder reconstructions like Nick has had.:D

gandaal said:
I just want to add this to my earlier post.

Shut Up Parrot!

Let the kid do his thing. No need put extra pressure on him. When he starts doing this at AFL level then start screaming it from the rafters but until then leave it alone.
hear hear.

jules101 said:
Agree, Kennedy wouldn't fit into collingwoods forward line at the moment. he can't break into the 15th teams forward line at the moment...Thomas has been a good pick up for the pies...
Unlike a mid-fielder it is alot harder for a KPP player to make an impact in his first year due to size and physicality issues. A good one is normally a better long term prospect if they make the step up just have to wait longer. They make their mark alot later. Even Rocca took a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Kennedy – the real number #1 draft pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back