POULTERBEAR

Senior List
Apr 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Braybrook Sporting Club
Back and hopefully better than ever in 2017 for a third year in a row! Starting early this year, but later than I had hoped too. Some new features in my thread this year but the base has stayed the same. Also be sure to follow me on twitter @JPoulter04 and my work on AFL Draft Hub throughout 2017.

Post #1 - Big Board
Post #2 - 2017 Player Stats Graphics
Post #3 - Mock Draft
Post #4 - Top 25 Player Profiles

Last edited:
Top 40 Big Board - Updated 2/1/17

TP3qS7j.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be keen to see how Sam Hayes progresses this year. Was mighty impressive in the games I saw him play in 2016.
i really like him, he's Peter Wright 2014 but in the National Championships, that ruck then forward. Has some real potential, a bit to work on though but after his showing in 2016 his ranking at #10 for mine is justified.

Dow inside top 10 by the end of year, no doubt
Dow certainly has the scope, but lets hope being apart of a stacked Falcons side instead of at the Pios doesnt stunt him in anyway leading into Vic Country duties. Though he does have some big names to push before he gets there!

When is the Academy USA tour?

Interested in any reports that come out of the tour.
i assume this coming week or the week after, because it is around the time period as it was held last year (over a two week period). I love the AFL Academy tour, especially gives the new inclusions an opportunity to shine in the limelight

Interesting to see all your posts mention Dow.....must be a connection? Apparently Dow, O'Brien and Brander are training at Geelong
All three were named in the 95 man squad a week prior to the AFL draft as invitees to the Falcons pre-season training squad. And two of the 95 (Henry and Simpson) are now on AFL lists haha

Who do you see as the McGrath/McCluggage lile bolter? I know its hard to predict who's going to come from nowhere and be top ten or five but there's always at least one. Is there anyone outside the top thirty right now who you see as having the right tools, so that if they have a massive year they-ll be right up there?

Who do you see as the McGrath/McCluggage lile bolter? I know its hard to predict who's going to come from nowhere and be top ten or five but there's always at least one. Is there anyone outside the top thirty right now who you see as having the right tools, so that if they have a massive year they-ll be right up there?
Noah Balta and Ethin Penrith are two ive seen a bit of and like alot, and both easily have the potential to push up the board. Luke Davies-Uniacke i know i have at #24 but he could easily be higher if not for injury, is a top 5/10 talent. And another two to watch are Tom North and Jake Patmore.

Noah Balta and Ethin Penrith are two ive seen a bit of and like alot, and both easily have the potential to push up the board. Luke Davies-Uniacke i know i have at #24 but he could easily be higher if not for injury, is a top 5/10 talent. And another two to watch are Tom North and Jake Patmore.
How do you pronounce "Balta"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Poulter's 2017 Big Board and Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back