Josh Rachele - "The Victorian"

Remove this Banner Ad

Rachele shares a forward line with Lachlan Murphy, who has gathered 1-2 disposals in last quarters for several weeks in a row and is part of the leadership group. Has he been dropped for doing * all?

Rachele shares a forward line with Lachlan Murphy, who has gathered 1-2 disposals in last quarters for several weeks in a row and is part of the leadership group. Has he been dropped for doing * all?
So i've only just started learning about this Adelaide "leadership group" - what is going on here?

Lachlan Murphy - a 90 gamer, 22 year old pressure forward?
Wayne Milera - a perennially injured and fringe best 22 player?
Brodie Smith - love Smith, but isn't he another fringe best 22 player at this point in his career?

One of the more bizarre leadership groups I've ever seen.

Genuinely don't know how L Murphy gets a game each week

So i've only just started learning about this Adelaide "leadership group" - what is going on here?

Lachlan Murphy - a 90 gamer, 22 year old pressure forward?
Wayne Milera - a perennially injured and fringe best 22 player?
Brodie Smith - love Smith, but isn't he another fringe best 22 player at this point in his career?

One of the more bizarre leadership groups I've ever seen.
It’s truly a ridiculous group. Murphy makes the least sense. Can be counted on one thing only, which is to go missing when it matters.

He needs to be delisted, but i sense he’s on track for 250 games.

Straight swap for Alexander Neal-Bullen.

ANB is the ultimate professional who gets the best out of himself, a huge part of our premiership-winning culture.
The Victorian is Victorian and would be a great cultural fit, he can smash windscreens with AFLCA winner, Best & Fairest, and fellow premiership star/ Shepperton boy Clayton Oliver.

Perfect!!!

Last edited:
I'm not that bothered. He is at a cross roads, not with the club, but with himself. He plays for the fun.of it, doesn't take things seriously, and is still acting like a kid. He doesn't even wear a mouth guard, which should tell you a little about why he doesn't go in head first.
He is signed to the club until 2029, and did so because he loves the place, and he wanted to spend his career playing with his best mate, who is Jake Soligo. They both signed until 2029 to commit at the same time.

He will reasses and this should be the turning point to where he knuckles down and gets the best out of himself.

The treatment of Rachele is very poor.

Matthew Nicks doesn't impress me at all. A poor man manager and tactically inept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been thinking since early in the season that Rachele won’t be staying.

He’s a frustrating player, but he’s young.

I loved what he brought to the Showdown last week, and let’s face it.. they were right in the match until Rankine was KO’d.

The team completely dropped their bundle after that, and their inability to regroup in the 15 mins after that incident was where the game was lost. To me, that’s on the leadership team. Fogarty and Crouch in particular.

I hate the idea that given everything thst happened, you scapegoat the young guy.
Didn’t Sydney do the same with the younger Corey Warner when they copped the hiding from Port?

The treatment of Rachele is very poor.

Matthew Nicks doesn't impress me at all. A poor man manager and tactically inept.
Heaven forbid a player show some character and cheek!
In other sports they try to encourage this sort of stuff as it adds interest and publicity. For some reason the AFL and AFL media demand players be bland cliche automatons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Rachele - "The Victorian"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back