Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 8-12 next year?

If that's the case then I can't understand why Schache is not on his way to Waverley.

Schache market value is around pick 5-10. Next years draft is set to be very strong with a lot of talented key position players. I don’t think Hawthorn are interested in Schache though. I’d rather the Hawks keep that pick.

Pick 25, 30 and Brisbane’s 2018 fourth round pick to West Coast.

Pick 13 to Brisbane

Schache and Essendons 2018 fourth round pick to the Bulldogs

Stringer to Essendon

Swap of other picks if necessary but you get where I’m going with it..

Does this work?

I

Pick 13 to Brisbane

Stringer to Essendon

Does this work?

I reckon we would be able to add some 2017 late picks if needed

Pick 13 to Brisbane

Stringer to Essendon

Does this work?
Would do that if you thtew Campbell in for us

Pick 13 to Brisbane

Stringer to Essendon

Does this work?
Works great for the Dogs, but I imagine West Coast need some young quality players so should not be giving up #13 for later picks in a shallow draft.

Would do that if you thtew Campbell in for us
We'd do that, and change Essendon's 4th rounder for a 2018 4th rounder.

I'd say we've been talking to Brisbane for some time and are trying to get the first rounder to meet Brisbane's trade demands for Schache. May need the Stringer and Cameron deals to go through first.

Yep, completed trades by overpaying for players from with expansion clubs - and how has he gone in past years?
Only Essendon fans think he's a reasonable trader.
Oh i don't dispute previous years for already established talent he hasn't had success when trading.
Just so far this year things have gone pretty well.
Though I had Stringer as the 3rd ranked target out of the three S's due to the potential of him being a bust as past troubled stars have.
If you turn Stringer into Schache and a better draft position in the long term wouldn't be surprised if Dogs come out a winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noble just said he has spoken to everyone in the meeting that Schache had with Richmond and he didn't cry and didn't knock him around emotionally. What a ridiculous rumour that was.

But it suited the narrative Richmond and Collingwood supporters were following so perfectly. What a shame.

Yes he did and you are quite right that this season was a write off for him. I just found that figure to be very low and would really like to know exactly how to interpret it?

Zero form but clearly he's capable. Not so much body on body, yet, but more so when he can get a leap at it he can take a strong pack mark.

COLLINGWOOD legend Michael McGuane has put forward a damning assessment of Brisbane forward Josh Schache.

The Magpies great says it was foreseeable years ago that the former No. 2 draft pick would struggle at AFL level — and believes the Lions were misled by a TAC Cup rule technicality that blinded AFL recruiters to the power forward’s terminal shortcomings.

McGuane on Tuesday told SEN Breakfast the Lions bought a lemon when they recruited Schache off the back of his extraordinary performances in Victoria’s U18 TAC Cup competition.

TAC Cup football is played under density zoning rules designed to avoid players bunching around contests.

Under the density rules, two key forwards and two key defenders must remain inside the 50m arc even when the opposition has the ball in the other half of the ground.

McGuane says the rules allowed Schache to benefit from extra space inside his forward 50 and concealed his inability to compete when outnumbered in pack marking contests.

He said the rule hoodwinked the Lions.

He also appeared to accuse Schache of running scared in AFL footy.

“You watch him in a contest at AFL level, he reaches for the footy at times, he turns his body sideways, he avoids contact,” McGuane said.

“Now that may be a subconscious thing that can be clearly removed from his game — and I hope so at 199cm. He needs to be smashing packs and either marking the ball to creating crumbing opportunities for his smalls.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/li...m/news-story/f5317344020812a210da19718b7b95ee

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back