• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So...what was the point of the Dogs stuffing around to get Pick 16, especially giving up overs to get it?
Trading a couple of seconds to get a second first round pick in a shallow draft seems pretty smart to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a feeling this would go through late, having 4 picks in the draft and only one open spot didn't make sense

Sweetens the Stringer saga a little. Hopefully being back home, he can find some confidence and play to his potential

But David Noble said the trade would be fair and equal.

**** my life.
Feel genuinely bad for you guys over this. Except for Roylion. My feelings for him are fair and equal.

Depends....if there's legitimate depression or something involved, then Schache's welfare comes first. You did the right thing if his headspace is really in a bad place.

And the Doggies owe you one for next time.

Of course. Still struggle to believe that that was the best offer we could have gotten.

Speaks to the issues of football in QLD too that one club is so desperate that they turned pick 2 into Lachie Weller and the other turned a former pick 2 in to some average picks in a below average draft.

Feel genuinely bad for you guys over this. Except for Roylion. My feelings for him are fair and equal.

The only positive thing to come out of this is that RoyLion may finally stop incessantly posting quotes in trade threads for weeks on end.

In terms of actual football though I'm genuinely shocked we actually did the trade for 25 and 40 but slightly ok with it as we've moved that pick to 15 using our second rounder.

Hope Schache can come good at home. Long road ahead for him now. Contracts mean nothing it seems.

Noble says is was a win for Josh and a win for the Lions. Trust me Roylion my sheep.

Yeah it was.

The Lions take Picks 1, 15, 18, 40, 44, 52 to the draft. Plenty of points for the two likely Academy players, including Ballenden. Three first round picks still. Still got Cameron and kept three first round picks.

Schache's deal of 25 and 40 worked out to about a 13/14 pick.

20 + 25 (the second part of the Schache deal) was turned into another first rounder (Pick 15). Win / win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back