Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was.

The Lions take Picks 1, 15, 18, 40, 44, 52 to the draft. Plenty of points for the two likely Academy players, including Ballenden. Three first round picks still. Still got Cameron and kept three first round picks.

Schache's deal of 25 and 40 worked out to about a 13/14 pick.

20 + 25 (the second part of the Schache deal) was turned into another first rounder (Pick 15). Win / win.
I thought Shane Warne supported St kilda? This text trying to cover up some big holes in post history failed #KINGofSPIN

The biggest issue is gone and Libba's been read the riot act (coming back from holidays early to start pre-season early to show he's serious to make amends).
Plus Trengove coming in helps, very quality person if you read the Port board.

Only a matter of time till Libbas European vacation videos come out.

I thought Shane Warne supported St kilda? This text trying to cover up some big holes in post history failed #KINGofSPIN

And what "holes" would they be?

Did I ever say Schache woudn't be traded?

Perhaps you could repeat what I did say and we can 'discuss' that further.

The Pick 15 from Richmond was important and clearly Brisbane felt in was in their club's best interests to go through with both trades. Trade for 25 and 40 and ontrade 25 for 15. Two deals negotiated concurrently. 15 allowed the Lions to trade Cameron for 12 and stay in the first round with three draft picks. Schache goes home as was his preference. He gets his wish.

Also has the added benefit of taking Richmond out of the picture in bidding for Ballenden with 15. We might have to use 18, if a Richmond bid comes at 17, but still more likely we pick up two players before a bid comes for Ballenden. Maybe three if a Ballenden bid comes from another club after 17. I doubt the Bulldogs will now bid for Ballenden at Pick 20 with the addition of Schache.

Well we move on. I'm happy with Brisbane''s ending draft position. The Lions kept three first round draft picks and picked up a contracted Cameron. That largely compensates for losing a contracted Schache.

Without 25 (from Schache), 15 wouldn't have happened. That's why Brisbane agreed let 12 for Cameron and trade Schache. Three first round picks, Cameron and plenty of points for Academy players (e.g Ballenden) is reasonable.

Overall picture for the Lions:
In: Hodge, Cameron, Picks 15, 40, 44, 52
Out: Schache, Picks 12, 20, 43, 75

Would I liked it to be better than the above? Yeah sure. What club supporter wouldn't?
Richmond should've just given you #17 for Schache and a gnetleman's agreement we wouldn't bid on Ballenden.

I think the main reason we didn't end up wanting Schache was the $380k wage.

Gotta hand it to you, you can spin anything. If someone suggested to you that Schache would have been traded for 25 and 40 a few hours ago you’d have posted a wall of text with the same quote repeated over and over again. Kudos to you for being so positive in the face of a shit trade I guess.

You're talking about someone who follows a merged club and doesn't believe a merger ever took place.

You spent two weeks turning up your nose at trade hypotheticals in here that were worth way less than what we got.

You're absolutely delusional and it's hard to watch.

Richmond should've just given you #17 for Schache and a gnetleman's agreement we wouldn't bid on Ballenden.

I think the main reason we didn't end up wanting Schache was the $380k wage.

Would have been more straight-forward obviously.

So Brisbane want to trade Pick 12 for Cameron to get Adelaide to move, but also to keep three first round picks. Richmond don't want to take on Schache's wage, see maybe an opportunity to get picks to match picks for Naish...require more than pick 20 and agree to trade 25, if Brisbane can get it. The Lions have a player that wants to return to Victoria, gets that pick traded for him, adds 40 for their own Academy points and trades 20 and 25 to get back into the first round. They then trade 12 for Cameron. They used Schache to get what they consider in the best interests of the club and give Schache his wish to return to Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You spent two weeks turning up your nose at trade hypotheticals in here that were worth way less than what we got.

You're absolutely delusional and it's hard to watch.
More Brisbane poster's should act like you as you can be serious but also have a friendly laugh with other team supporter's with out the hate.

No, how about you go to the pub and relax because trying to justify everything by thinking you are always right to make yourself feel better when no one cares about what spin you put on things. Brisbane has an awesome future again finally getting your club in order behind the scenes with a ridiculous spine of hipwood, ballenden, Andrews etc and the number one pick in this year's draft who will be a gun. Be greatful for a change as you won three flags in a row not long ago when others clubs haven't won any and you got given an awesome spine for free from your academy when it's so hard to find gun tall players....

No, how about you go to the pub and relax because trying to justify everything by thinking you are always right to make yourself feel better when no one cares about what spin you put on things.

Clearly you do, because you keep commenting on my posts. So what holes in my posting history would you like to highlight?

Brisbane has an awesome future again finally getting your club in order behind the scenes with a ridiculous spine of hipwood, ballenden, Andrews etc and the number one pick in this year's draft who will be a gun. Be greatful for a change as you won three flags in a row not long ago when others clubs haven't won any and you got given an awesome spine for free from your academy when it's so hard to find gun tall players....

All very nice, but what holes in my posting history would you like to highlight?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back