Certified Legendary Thread JUBJUB R.I.P.

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that someone in contact with his family can reflect this thread, or at the right time, show it to them.

It would be touching IMO for them to see how many lives he touched and how many people enjoyed his presence here.

Perhaps we can get this season dedicated to Jubs on BF..?

Not sure how or where logistically but it would be fitting..

I'll always remember Jub's Walter White profile picture + when Jub posted, it was like Walter White was speaking + I'd her Walter White reading Jub's memes ;)

I didn't know Jub had such an interest in Red Wests, how interesting, because Red Wests was so vocal in trying to get Elvis Presley help for his drug + alcohol addiction.
Hahahaha, I meant Geelong West Roosters. That cracked me up.
Yeah that's how I'd hear his memes in my head.

Hahahaha, I meant Geelong West Roosters. That cracked me up.
Yeah that's how I'd hear his memes in my head.
Hahahahahaha!!! Oh Spazz Cat, that's hilarious! *JubJub is laughing at us* (probably more at me) :D

Since I joined BF 11 years ago JubJub had always been part of the BF fabric and you knew he would always post an apt video or image that reminded you BF shouldn't be taken seriously. I never met JubJub but I am saddened by his passing. This is is all still raw.

Hopefully we honour JubJub in some perpetual way.

This.

Also looking at getting a RIP JUBJUB badge done for those that want to. Much like the Casey badge.

Still working out the details so will keep you posted. :(
I'd love to get 1 of those if at all possible ( if it's just a catters board thing i understand :thumbsu: )

A Drama Queen Award? :p

3109634.jpg

Forgive me, I couldn't help myself ;)

Lots of us are keen to honour JubJub, I also like the idea of the JubJub badge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely stunned. I thought, like we all did, that going home was the sign of over the worst.
As long as he is in a better place with no suffering. RIP.
Never had direct contact with JJ, but such were his posts that we all felt like we knew him.
Used to love Jub's balanced viewpoint after any loss, and his prolific posting will be here as a reminder long term.
Couchy this time last year.
JubJub this year...
As many have said, something must be set up on BF to honour his contributions.

Does JubJub have a wife + kids? I feel terrible asking, worse for not knowing. I'll happily contribute to a fund for his family.

BF should also set up a Meme Award, in JubJub's memory :hearts:

19qdfs.jpg
Never met the man himself but thoroughly enjoyed reading his post`s. Must be so hard for his family right now and i`ll also happily contribute. RIP JUBs

Never met the man himself but thoroughly enjoyed reading his post`s. Must be so hard for his family right now and i`ll also happily contribute. RIP JUBs
I didn't meet JubJub either but he did post on our forum, which was always fun.

Yes MelbCat, just such a very difficult time for his family + his friends. Jub was always larger than life, it's hard to imagine BF without him :'(:'(:'(

Genuinely stunned. I thought, like we all did, that going home was the sign of over the worst.
As long as he is in a better place with no suffering. RIP.
Never had direct contact with JJ, but such were his posts that we all felt like we knew him.
Used to love Jub's balanced viewpoint after any loss, and his prolific posting will be here as a reminder long term.
Couchy this time last year.
JubJub this year...
As many have said, something must be set up on BF to honour his contributions.
I was thinking about his prolific posting this afternoon, 66,886 posts, wondering if JubJub has the most posts on the Geelong Board? Also, he has RIP next to his Brown Dog award, prophetic?

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 20.59.29.png

Jub's brother has given his consent that I post this here - Jub's funeral details:-
Bevan Candlish's funeral will be at 11am Thursday 23rd February at Geelong Memorial Park, Armstrong Creek. Anyone who knew him is welcome to join us. He asked that we all wear something blue and/or white to represent his two passions - the Cats and Ford Racing.

Bevan Candlish aka Jubjub I salute you. You put a smile on a lot of people's faces.

I was thinking about his prolific posting this afternoon, 66,886 posts, wondering if JubJub has the most posts on the Geelong Board? Also, he has RIP next to his Brown Dog award, prophetic?

View attachment 337193
The GFC Mods got Chief to add that when the news was released. :'(

Go Catters

I have a message from an old friend and foe's of JubJubs....

"Thanks for the message mate.. That's horrible to hear about jub. One of the good guys."

VC sends his regards.

Go Catters

I've just been speaking to Rainfall/Galaxy, who's been given an extended holiday from BF lol

Rainfall asked me to suggest, on his behalf, that as there is no BF 60,000 post badge honour, that perhaps BF might make a 60,000 post badge in honour of JubJub + suggested using JubJub from the Simpsons.

selma_cuddle_jubjub.gif

Edit: Rainfall/Galaxy asked me to add this

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 22.11.02.png

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jubjub-hi-5-or-simpsons.164410/#post-3098279

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread JUBJUB R.I.P.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back