Judas Ablett... attack #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2006
Booking desk, TISM boat hire
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Victory
With the worst kept secret out and the little liar exposed it's time to put what's happened into perspective. I've had a lot of time to ponder and reach these conclusions before today....

Jnr is a liar. He undoubtedly made his mind up to take the Scums cash a long time ago and played everyone for a fool to avoid any backlash before now... the tension this created probably had an influence on the whole teams performance especially in the second half of the season.

Most player moves can be linked to some other reason other than just money... Judd - the Eagles were in a bit of disarray, and he was after all a Victorian and wanted to come home. He cops shit more for the fact that he joined Carlton than he left West Coast to come home.

But the little bald liars move is about money. He had the dream, playing for the club his dad played for, the one he barracked for his whole life, in the town he grew up in. There is no other reason other than money... money he would have had in any business dealings after footy in the Geelong region.

The curse of the Ablett gene (starting with Gary snr... Geoff and Kevin Ablett weren't like Gary) is pure selfishness... Gary snr's selfishness is well documented... Nathan, selfish... their sister the same and now the little golden boy joins the team. **** the 20,000 kids with #29 on their jumpers

For me this is the day that Ablett failed the test of character passed by greats such as Chris Grant, Pavlich and Jonathan Brown

Enjoy the cash Judas, see you at the Cats vs Scums game next year... if you thought we were venomous with Colbert, you've seen nothing

why did you mention pav and not riewoldt. Roo quashed any speculation by making sure he was signed up LAST YEAR. Plus hes from the gold coast which would have made him an easy target.

512Ekm2dcwL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

For me this is the day that Ablett failed the test of character passed by greats such as Chris Grant, Pavlich and Jonathan Brown
Glad someone noticed the guys who stick by their club - I know that none of the guys you mentioned are struggling for a dollar, either ;)

Don't blame Geelong fans for being pissed off. He may be earning a fortune up on the Gold Coast but he has lost the respect that comes with being a loyal, one club player, something money can't buy. It will tarnish his reputation as a Geelong champion.

Even with Judd's move to Carlton it was understandable as he wanted to go home to be with his family. With Ablett it is all about the money really, despite what he may say about 'fresh challenges' etc.

Someone didn't take the news to well did they Tyler?

That being said in terms of respect:

Pavlich, Brown and Grant>>>>>>>>>>>Ablett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Judd

Agree with you Tyler.

Loyalty is a much under rated value these days.

To me Reiwoldt will be a club legend the same as Trevor Barker but you can stick that fat prick Plugger as far as I'm concerned; and I used to have number 4 on my Saints jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong have the perfect opportunity now to remain a competitive team and rebuild at the same time. They still have some outstanding players in that squad. Geelong supporters need to move on and accept whats happened. This is no different to when Brad Ottens wanted to leave Richmond and Geelong supporters were only too happy to thank us for him. :cool:

Agree with you Tyler.

Loyalty is a much under rated value these days.

To me Reiwoldt will be a club legend the same as Trevor Barker but you can stick that fat prick Plugger as far as I'm concerned; and I used to have number 4 on my Saints jumper.

In fairness to Plugger, his move was more about getting away from the spotlight he was under in Melbourne and a change of lifestyle rather than money. In Sydney he could have a lot more privacy.

I wasn't happy about him going either but I understood his reasons and never held it against him.

With the worst kept secret out and the little liar exposed it's time to put what's happened into perspective. I've had a lot of time to ponder and reach these conclusions before today....

Jnr is a liar. He undoubtedly made his mind up to take the Scums cash a long time ago and played everyone for a fool to avoid any backlash before now... the tension this created probably had an influence on the whole teams performance especially in the second half of the season.

Most player moves can be linked to some other reason other than just money... Judd - the Eagles were in a bit of disarray, and he was after all a Victorian and wanted to come home. He cops shit more for the fact that he joined Carlton than he left West Coast to come home.

But the little bald liars move is about money. He had the dream, playing for the club his dad played for, the one he barracked for his whole life, in the town he grew up in. There is no other reason other than money... money he would have had in any business dealings after footy in the Geelong region.

The curse of the Ablett gene (starting with Gary snr... Geoff and Kevin Ablett weren't like Gary) is pure selfishness... Gary snr's selfishness is well documented... Nathan, selfish... their sister the same and now the little golden boy joins the team. **** the 20,000 kids with #29 on their jumpers

Enjoy the cash Judas, see you at the Cats vs Scums game next year... if you thought we were venomous with Colbert, you've seen nothing

Dude you are one of the most pathetic supporters i have ever seen from any club. How dare you criticize Ablett Snr and Jnr. G Ablett is the reason why you guys won 2 flags in a space of 3 years. Senior is the reason why you guys made it to 3 grand finals.

Why shouldn't Gary Ablett move to GC to finish off his career with increased responsibility and bigger challenge. I actually Ablett is very noble that he opted out of the comfort zone of geelong to the tougher environment of being the inaugural captain.

Go and let off some steam. My respect for Ablett have actually increased with him leaving. Not only does this shows his ambition but also smart career management.

Don't blame Geelong fans for being pissed off. He may be earning a fortune up on the Gold Coast but he has lost the respect that comes with being a loyal, one club player, something money can't buy. It will tarnish his reputation as a Geelong champion.

Even with Judd's move to Carlton it was understandable as he wanted to go home to be with his family. With Ablett it is all about the money really, despite what he may say about 'fresh challenges' etc.

Amazing, heard the same thing out of Bock about challenges etc..

The smokescreen to it being purely $$$ based..

Well done to the Riewoldt, Pavlich types.. And one of our own, Kurt Tippett.. And Kurt's home was up near the Gold Coast!! Will be respected more than the GC sell out players..

I am against this thread ablett was a champion at geelong and hey who wouldn't move for 9.5 mil or whatever ridiculous amount he is getting. we really should be thanking ablett for the success he has delivered to the club. although the presser was very hard to watch i respect gary's decision and have not lost one bit of respect for him

Maybe get out the Glock again, Tyler?

All in good time... any good hitman knows you can't take down a mark and get away clean in the middle of a media scrum... pre-season at Coolangatta would be the prime time

In fairness to Plugger, his move was more about getting away from the spotlight he was under in Melbourne and a change of lifestyle rather than money. In Sydney he could have a lot more privacy.

I wasn't happy about him going either but I understood his reasons and never held it against him.

So the fact that he got a substantial more amount of money was just a side issue? You're having a laugh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Judas Ablett... attack #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back