Judas Ablett... attack #1

Remove this Banner Ad

It's 10 million dollars guys - plus opportunities at a bigger level than he would have had in Geelong.

Perhaps he looked at how rich Geelong and the GFC made his old man after retirement and decided he couldn't rely soley on that - better to hatch his eggs now. He may not have the desire to be poster boy doing adds and opening events in Geelong for the next 20 years to get by and make up the shortfall he could in the next 5 years at GC.

The Geelong supporters complaining are the selfish ones. He owes you nothing- he delivered and now plans to look after himself and his family best he can while taking on new challenges personally and professionally.

If you were offered 5 million $ for the next 5 years to change allegence from Geelong to the Suns would you take it? Course you would, you'd be there at every game the next five years decked out in all the gear with your face painted. You may even get a tan you pasty pricks.

25jwqpf.jpg

It's 10 million dollars guys - plus opportunities at a bigger level than he would have had in Geelong.

Perhaps he looked at how rich Geelong and the GFC made his old man after retirement and decided he couldn't rely soley on that - better to hatch his eggs now. He may not have the desire to be poster boy doing adds and opening events in Geelong for the next 20 years to get by and make up the shortfall he could in the next 5 years at GC.

The Geelong supporters complaining are the selfish ones. He owes you nothing- he delivered and now plans to look after himself and his family best he can while taking on new challenges personally and professionally.

If you were offered 5 million $ for the next 5 years to change allegence from Geelong to the Suns would you take it? Course you would, you'd be there at every game the next five years decked out in all the gear with your face painted. You may even get a tan you pasty pricks.

What rot. Garry Snr decided to use his football money to buy heroin for teenage girls.

Garry Jnr would have made millions playing at Geelong, which if spent wisely would set him up for life.

He's just a greedy prick.

Just because there are plenty of other greedy pricks who would do the same doesn't diminish the argument.

Don't blame Geelong fans for being pissed off. He may be earning a fortune up on the Gold Coast but he has lost the respect that comes with being a loyal, one club player, something money can't buy. It will tarnish his reputation as a Geelong champion.

Even with Judd's move to Carlton it was understandable as he wanted to go home to be with his family. With Ablett it is all about the money really, despite what he may say about 'fresh challenges' etc.

I do believe Abletts family now lives on the gold coast :cool:

Interesting that supporters have no problem with a club getting rid of players who they think are expendable but god forbid a quality player leave of their own accord.

Hypocrisy much .........

It's no longer a game it's a business, get over it.

I do believe Abletts family now lives on the gold coast :cool:

Interesting that supporters have no problem with a club getting rid of players who they think are expendable but god forbid a quality player leave of their own accord.

Hypocrisy much .........

It's no longer a game it's a business, get over it.

Would be interested to see what you'd have written if Luke Hodge or Buddy Franklin were heading to the Gold Coast.

Easy to trot out the "it's a business" cliches when you've only lost a spud like Campbell Brown.

Would be interested to see what you'd have written if Luke Hodge or Buddy Franklin were heading to the Gold Coast.

Easy to trot out the "it's a business" cliches when you've only lost a spud like Campbell Brown.

If you did a search of my posts you would know the answer to that.

I of course would of been devastated had either hodge or franklin gone and while you may believe brown is a spud, he was a great servant of our club and gave nothing less than 100% everytime he took to the field and on more than one occasion put the hawks winning ahead of his own safety and because these players don't grow on trees it was disappointing that he chose to leave BUT at the end of the day players have to put themselves first - this is an occupation that has a life span of a maximum of ten years and you have to make sure that you make the most of it - nobody gives a shit about the young guy who has been picked up but doesn't quite cut it and then discarded without a second thought, so why the hell should a player display any loyalty to a club and why supporters would expect them to is beyond me.

If you want to lay the blame then lay it at the AFL's feet. If this is what concessions have been given to the gold coast then god help us when Kevin Sheedy goes cap in hand to the AFL.

What rot. Garry Snr decided to use his football money to buy heroin for teenage girls.

Garry Jnr would have made millions playing at Geelong, which if spent wisely would set him up for life.

He's just a greedy prick.

Just because there are plenty of other greedy pricks who would do the same doesn't diminish the argument.

Please... you're obviously incredibly biased about this topic but that point is ridiculous. He decided to use his football money to buy heroin for teenage girls... yeah that's where it all went. Snr certainly had problems and was no Saint but what you're pushing here is rubbish. My point is that snr never made the dollars after retirement the Geelong fans here suggest that Jnr can make by staying with them. It's nice to suggest that but who's gonna guarantee it? He has seen first hand how that works out.

This is not necessarily greed and for you to judge it purely as that from an outside perspective is childish. He has made a choice about his life - who are you to comment you perfect judgemental prick.

If you were offered 5 million to leave your current employer and work for a competitor you'd take it. To come back and say that if he invests wisely etc. he would be set up for life is silly. He will get double for doing exactly what he does now.

While the fans idolize a loyal player the clubs don't give a toss. It's business to them. Would they play Jnr when he's past it? Glad to see Gary making his own decision for his own reasons and not giving a stuff about what turds on the internet think about it.

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Have a teary Tyler :eek:

You dunce the Sun of God and Judarse are not the same person.

Know your history..let's see how your leftover pussies go next year without the man who made them look good :eek:

Gary made the correct decision. He saw the light. The light of the MIGHTY SUNS

With the worst kept secret out and the little liar exposed it's time to put what's happened into perspective. I've had a lot of time to ponder and reach these conclusions before today....

Jnr is a liar. He undoubtedly made his mind up to take the Scums cash a long time ago and played everyone for a fool to avoid any backlash before now... the tension this created probably had an influence on the whole teams performance especially in the second half of the season.

Most player moves can be linked to some other reason other than just money... Judd - the Eagles were in a bit of disarray, and he was after all a Victorian and wanted to come home. He cops shit more for the fact that he joined Carlton than he left West Coast to come home.

But the little bald liars move is about money. He had the dream, playing for the club his dad played for, the one he barracked for his whole life, in the town he grew up in. There is no other reason other than money... money he would have had in any business dealings after footy in the Geelong region.

The curse of the Ablett gene (starting with Gary snr... Geoff and Kevin Ablett weren't like Gary) is pure selfishness... Gary snr's selfishness is well documented... Nathan, selfish... their sister the same and now the little golden boy joins the team. **** the 20,000 kids with #29 on their jumpers

For me this is the day that Ablett failed the test of character passed by greats such as Chris Grant, Pavlich and Jonathan Brown

Enjoy the cash Judas, see you at the Cats vs Scums game next year... if you thought we were venomous with Colbert, you've seen nothing

As much as I've trolled Geelong since I joined Bigfooty I can honestly say that I feel for you guys right now.

If we lost Franklin to the Suns I'd be absolutely shattered. Players like Franklin & Ablett only come along once in a generation or so, to say nothing of the attachment you make from watching them get your team over the line time and again.

Ablett has been the most consitently high performing player of the past decade and for the AFL to throw a couple of draft picks at Geelong (not even top 5 picks at that!) as 'compensation' is hardly compensation at all.
Not to mention the fact that there will be MASSIVE pressure on the kids you draft with them because they'll always have to cope with the tag of 'one of the players we got in exchange for Gazza'.

It's a shitty system but the blame doesn't lie with the AFL, the blame lies with Ablett.
Yes, some people will say that anyone would be tempted to switch clubs for such a huge amount of cash, but the fact is that most of league's best players DIDN'T. Franklin didn't, Roughead didn't, Selwood didn't, but Ablett did. That says a lot about the player, not the system.

Geelong's only silver lining in all this is that it's a heck of a lot easier to replace an outsider midfielder than it a quality KPP. They have many other quality mids so if I were a Geelong supporter I'd be hoping they would step up and fill the gap left by Ablett. The extra room in the salary cap won't hurt them either.

As for Ablett himself, well suffice to say that my opinion of the little shit has fallen even further and I now look at him as the AFL's #1 mercenary ahead of Judd.
It would a terrible shame if injuries started catching up with him now that he's getting a little older and his career ended up being cut short, forcing GC to pay him out while he languished in the reserves Nick Holland style. Gee, what a tragedy that would be.... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Know your history..let's see how your leftover pussies go next year without the man who made them look good :eek:

STFU-Stop_Posting.jpg

You can't compare GAJ's decision with that of say you or I moving jobs for more money. If we stay loyal to our employers, nobody really cares. Had GAJ stayed loyal, he would become a club legend. Players are public property to a degree, which is the reason why they earn so much.

Cos of the GC decision, everyone will say GAJ was a great player, but HE WILL NEVER BE LOVED. In fact, I am fairly sure he will be a figure of hate. And rightly so.

If any player wants to take the money, then they can also take the heckling and the fan hatred that goes with it.

As for the guys who stay, it is they who go down in history as the greats, particularly with their own supporters:

Nick Riewoldt
Jonothon Brown
Chris Grant
Matthew Pavlich
Matthew Richardson

IMO, nothing should be spared for Ablett when he comes to Skilled Stadium, nothing.

What a judas.

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Ah, the new footy fan decided to open his beak did he?

Before you comment mate, you should go read the rule book so you understand how the game works.

Champion Player, Champion Bloke??

It's an unprecedented amount of money he is being offered, 1 million a year???... I can assure you if i got offered 2 million dollars more over 6 years than where i was currently working i would take it in a heartbeat, and i doubt any of you would differ in opinion.

This was always going to happen, not just with Ablett but a lot of other players. The days of a amateur VFL comp are well well gone, I witnessed this as a Fitzroy supporter. The days of "1 club players" is numbered. Massive respect to those players who remain loyal but shit, you gotta look after your family and if another team is going to offer you a shitload more money, its reasonable to take it.

Ah, the new footy fan decided to open his beak did he?

Before you comment mate, you should go read the rule book so you understand how the game works.

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Rulebook :confused:

Don't need a rulebook sunshine, we're in bed with the AFL ;)

Thanks for Harbrow :thumbsu:

And as we're feeling merciful at the moment, here's another couple of meter maids. You could do with a few down in Footascray, such a dull part of the world :D

metermaid2.jpg

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Thats rich. Made us look good, did he? :rolleyes:

Ablett was racking up the possessions in the prelim against Collingwood. 24 possessions BEFORE half time!!

And we were 10 goals down and going nowhere! Ablett is not a match winner, never has been.

Seen it before with little Gary. Its great when we play great for Gary. But he does not drive a team like Juddy does. Judd adds 4 goals. Gary was just the icing on the top - when we were going great, he could make it better. Thats all Gary was, as well as great at the flashy stuff. He used to be a great tackler too. But not so much now.

Potentially the best small forward the game has seen. But you can't get him to go there. No Brownlow votes for small forwards. That makes Gary sad. :( So Gary say:

"Me no want go there! :mad: Me want to play midfield and pass backwards, and look for a give and go to get double possession. Me greedy Gary. Me like Brownlows."

Seriously, could not have wasted 2 million a year more than putting Jnr in a weak team still on training wheels. He will be heavily tagged, ineffective, and the Suns will wonder why they bothered by year's end.

Little Gaza will be copping it left right and centre and he will see no Joel Corey, Stevie J, Milburn, Selwood to back him up. Just Campbell Brown and a bunch of confused pimply kids.

Should have used the money for a top draw key forward.

All in good time... any good hitman knows you can't take down a mark and get away clean in the middle of a media scrum... pre-season at Coolangatta would be the prime time

Just prey for the same misfourtune that crept up on money hungry Judus Brown while playing for the tigers, that night made lots of doggies supporters smile.:cool:

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Dear n00b, your assignment for tomorrow is to explain what exactly the Gold Coast Suns have done to become mighty, considering that at present they make Fremantle look like over-achievers. A summary of the stats from their last AFL win would probably be a good place to start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judas Ablett... attack #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back