Judd & Murphy 1 & 2 - say the AFL coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

it's rubbish that Buddy isn't in front, he is carrying the whole team to 3rd on the ladder playing all over the field and kicking more goals than anyone else.
We all secretly know that coaches have agendas in voting, we all know how much Ratten is love sick over Judd that's the only reason he polls in the coaches award

Yep, coz Ratten is paid for Judd to win individual awards :thumbsu:

I'd say the Anti Judd/Carlton agenda is much stronger and as prevalent in your post really blinds people to the brilliance of Chris Judd.

Meanwhile, Marc Murphy is having a better year ;)

I was thinking the aflpa mvp, not the coaches award, I'm sure franklin will take it out. He's a lot rarer than judd.
I dislike the emphasis on AFLPA MVPs.

Especially considering they are voted on exclusively during the finals.
As with any thing, late season form is always remembered easier than early season form.

Players suffer the same biases we do from the media and are no more or less reliable judges of talent, on the whole, than anyone else who takes an active interest in the sport - especially when they are asked to pick a player from a list of 32 when a) a maximum of 16 of them are running around that week, and b) the measure is reflective of the season as a whole.

Would players watch anywhere near as much of games as the coaching group?

I still reckon, as far as awards go - B&F voting (especially when the team is performing well) is the best award to measure from if we're forced to.

OP, if your trying to say that they are the best in the competition then think again. The coaches may have Judd and Murphy as 1 & 2 but that's pretty outrageous if you ask me, everyone knows that players like G. Ablett, Franklin, Pendlebury, Thomas, Selwood etc have been a lot better this season.

Love it. Even Watson has moved ahead of Pendles and Swan.

Moved? Hasn't he been ahead all year? Watson is having an outstanding year.

That said, Pendlebury and Swan are both better players. Just like they're both better than Murphy.... and arguably Judd. :thumbsu:

Look under the packs, he's the guy winning the hard ball . I know you like players like swan with half the amount of hard ball gets and tackles. Murph is not a soft cheap front runner like the players you like champ.

Anyways stats from AFL.com.au

Swan,
31 tackles.
contested possie 128.
un cost 134.
inside 50, 47.

Murph.
46 tackles.
contested possie 120.
un cost 140.
in side 50, 47.

So if Murph is a front runner what are both Swan and Pendlebury?.... Mind you i do not think Pendlebury is a front runner, Swan is a bit but not Pendlebury and sure as hell not Murphy.

Not sure why you are bringing Pendlebury into this. I have not mentioned him once.

You originally said Murphy wins the hard ball while swan gets half as much hard ball. Now you have provided stats that show Swan gets more hard ball than Murphy. And still you claim you are right? Wow, just wow. :eek::rolleyes::thumbsdown:

Not sure why you are bringing Pendlebury into this. I have not mentioned him once.

You originally said Murphy wins the hard ball while swan gets half as much hard ball. Now you have provided stats that show Swan gets more hard ball than Murphy. And still you claim you are right? Wow, just wow. :eek::rolleyes::thumbsdown:

This is what you add to the tread, what are you a child, You said Murphy is a front runner, yes he has pretty much the same amount of easy and hard ball gets. The important thing to notice is Murphy has far more tackles. He does not just run in front like Swan.

We all secretly know that coaches have agendas in voting, we all know how much Ratten is love sick over Judd that's the only reason he polls in the coaches award

Ummm. you do know both coaches have to give votes right?

When you troll (lets be honest every post from you is a troll) try to be a bit more clever kid.

It's hilarious the amount of hate that is directed toward a successful Blues outfit. Last I checked, only Geelong and Pies supporters can really have one-up-manship attitudes so far this year. Gee it must irk the rest of the competition to be losing (or drawing in the case of Essendon) to what has for the last decade been a perennially terrible team at Carlton.

The "reliance on two players" is one of the worst arguments ever to be put forward and is completely hypocritical... Of course we'd be in trouble if we lost both Judd and Murphy. It's the same for most teams.

Essendon have shown they're shite without Watson (because he's a gun)
Collingwood if they lost Pendlebury and Swan (two champions) where would they be? They are their MOST elite players.
Hawthorn - rip Hodge AND Franklin out of the team, they go down a peg.
Richmond - bye bye Cotchin and Martin, bye bye Richmond.

The same could be said over MOST of the other sides. Take out best players, they become vulnerable. That's why they're the best players.

Rather than discuss the merits of WHY players are having a super year compared to previous years, let's just take the ignoramus route... shall we?

Dale Thomas is another who has really gone up a notch this year. It wouldn't suprise me to see him to be topping the Collingwood B&F and Brownlow Count. Stellar player, and in the top 5 this year for sure. And I really dislike Collingwood!

Moved? Hasn't he been ahead all year? Watson is having an outstanding year.

That said, Pendlebury and Swan are both better players. Just like they're both better than Murphy.... and arguably Judd. :thumbsu:

When we speak about the best players in the AFL Judd, Garry and Buddy are the ones we invariably bring up.... seldom Swan.

Pendles had a better year last year then Murph. This year, Murph has clearly moved ahead.

I'd say the Anti Judd/Carlton agenda is much stronger and as prevalent in your post really blinds people to the brilliance of Chris Judd.

Meanwhile, Marc Murphy is having a better year ;)[/quote]

You think that big footy posters are blind to the brilliance of Judd ?

No they are not , it's that most Carlton people beleieve that Judd is the best player in the AFL every time he kicks a ball, he is a great player BUT there are other players in and from the AFL that can play and dominate a game of footy just like he does

he has his FAULTS just like every other player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oooo one injury to murphy or judd and its GOODBYE carlton!

O well not like you could win the flag anyway. 4th at best. Not capable of winning a prelim this year. But if you win a final the blues supporters will go nuts like they won a flag!

Meanwhile, Marc Murphy is having a better year ;)

You think that big footy posters are blind to the brilliance of Judd ?

No they are not , it's that most Carlton people beleieve that Judd is the best player in the AFL every time he kicks a ball, he is a great player BUT there are other players in and from the AFL that can play and dominate a game of footy just like he does

he has his FAULTS just like every other player[/quote]

NEVER, Judd has no faults at all :)

oooo one injury to murphy or judd and its GOODBYE carlton!

O well not like you could win the flag anyway. 4th at best. Not capable of winning a prelim this year. But if you win a final the blues supporters will go nuts like they won a flag!
Gee thanks for adding so much to this thread, i guess we should close it now that this simplton has added is 1cents worth.

When we speak about the best players in the AFL Judd, Garry and Buddy are the ones we invariably bring up.... seldom Swan.

Pendles had a better year last year then Murph. This year, Murph has clearly moved ahead.

It's great to see the class of the 2005 draft becoming such exceptional players. Murphy and Thomas probably the most improved this year, esp Murphy. I still think Pendlebury's best is significantly better than Murphy's, if only for the style and position he plays (inside mid), but Murphy is clearly in AA touch.

It's great to see the class of the 2005 draft becoming such exceptional players. Murphy and Thomas probably the most improved this year, esp Murphy. I still think Pendlebury's best is significantly better than Murphy's, if only for the style and position he plays (inside mid), but Murphy is clearly in AA touch.

It's great to see isn't it, it's becoming increasingly difficult to split Pendles, Murphy and Thomas.

I'd suggest that Murphy and Pendles are on equal pegging. Pendle is extremely damaging with his inside play and ball winning ability. Murphy's run, carry and delivery and recently ability to finish off goals has elevated his status this year.

Agree, the Class of 2005 is mostly exciting. Thomas, Kennedy is playing well... and Richmond must be spewing they took Oakley-Nicholls.

Special mention to Heath Hocking taken number 20 in the Rookie Draft from East Ringwood and has done extremely well to be a regular fixture of the Essendon lineup.

Obvious oversight in not mentioning Ellis right? Right? Right!? :(

No, no, no.

1. Murphy is as much, if not more inside than Pendlebury.
2. Pendles' best is NOT significantly better than Murphy's best.

I also put Thomas in a different category. He has more "wow" moments than perhaps any player in the league, but the likes of Pendles and Murph contribute significantly more to their team's respective results over the course of the season.

While I'd take Pendlebury in a heartbeat if he was offered, I wouldn't swap Murphy for him. Suspect that few Collingwood folk would care to accept a swap either.

It's a myth that Murphy is a receiver. He's equal to or mighty close to Judd in 2011 for all the hard graft stats. That's a high standard.

Murph had a bit of a "gap year" in 2010, probably due to fitness issues which lasted from pre-season through most of the year.

Both huge assetts to their Club.

I remember watching daisy play in his first season and thinking what a gun thesis guy is going to be, then looking on bigfooty every was saying he was a soft out side player, i could not belive it.

anyway the point is i was right, does not happen much so i post when i get the chance.

Care to explain this a little more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd & Murphy 1 & 2 - say the AFL coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back