Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

If I recall correctly, you guys chose to wear it (according to Heath on twitter) because you had a dummy spit about being asked to wear white shorts, and then released a statement saying your supporters weren't smart enough to know who was the home side and who was away
It's a "dummy spit" to respond to being given an ultimatum about your home kit and picking one thing over another? ok man. And yeah, an official club spokesperson would say it was our choice, do you think we'd put out a statement saying the tyrannical AFL have imposed their fascist uniform policy on us?

You’re making statements about design here which are entirely subjective.

I disagree. We're talking about sporting guernseys which are used to serve a practical function, not endevours which should have unlimited scope for artistic creativity. Make them too artsy, busy, multi coloured or inconsistant and their functionality is lost. Jumpers like that of Carl, Rich & Ess are simple & consistant. They just dont change when they play each other, barring Rich/Ess. I highly doubt GWS's jumper would be allowed in the EPL, NFL, NBA etc. But their alternates certainly would.

And what is that reason?

AND BTW North wore their white shorts against Sydney at the SCG in about round 18ish, and it looked perfectly fine.
Because for whatever reason, red is deemed a non clash colour.

You really have your knickers in a knot over stupid shit 🤣

I disagree. We're talking about sporting guernseys which are used to serve a practical function, not endevours which should have unlimited scope for artistic creativity. Make them too artsy, busy, multi coloured or inconsistant and their functionality is lost. Jumpers like that of Carl, Rich & Ess are simple & consistant. They just dont change when they play each other, barring Rich/Ess. I highly doubt GWS's jumper would be allowed in the EPL, NFL, NBA etc. But their alternates certainly would.
Mate, have you seen some of the soccer jerseys and kits?

GWS's home kit would be 100% allowed, and guess what? The away team would be forced to work around that via an away or third kit. EFL / EPL rules dictate that one of those kits (I think the away) must be completely different to the home kit

I don’t agree with you at all but in any event you’re talking about complete policy change. The AFL has approved their home jumper, that same body isn’t going to come out now and enforce a home team wearing a different kit.

No doubt the afl has got along wrong about it’s kit policy but approving the Gws kit on Saturday just isn’t one of them

Mate, have you seen some of the soccer jerseys and kits?

GWS's home kit would be 100% allowed, and guess what? The away team would be forced to work around that via an away or third kit. EFL / EPL rules dictate that one of those kits (I think the away) must be completely different to the home kit

Are you able to provide some examples?

The AFL has approved their home jumper, that same body isn’t going to come out now and enforce a home team wearing a different kit

You never know, policies can change. But anyway, my gut feel is it'll be a natural evolution from complication to simplicity. Like Port & Freo, they entered the league with jumpers that I would say had too much going on, and now both have much simpler, classier designs. GWS have already shifted the G into the center from it's artsy beginnings on the side which is a step in the right direction. All it would take now is to wrap the black or charcoal right the way round the back and, magic, you've got something approaching a ripper of a jumper.

You never know, policies can change. But anyway, my gut feel is it'll be a natural evolution from complication to simplicity. Like Port & Freo, they entered the league with jumpers that I would say had too much going on, and now both have much simpler, classier designs. GWS have already shifted the G into the center from it's artsy beginnings on the side which is a step in the right direction. All it would take now is to wrap the black or charcoal right the way round the back and, magic, you've got something approaching a ripper of a jumper.
Thats all fine, its not the same thing as suggesting the AFL pressure a small club into wearing an away kit for their own home final.

That was a shitty suggestion.

Anyways, the you obviously have notifications turned on for me, so you're on ignore so I don't see your incoherent ramblings.
There's no way I could have just noticed that you take a potshot at North every time someone whispers the words "white shorts" in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats all fine, its not the same thing as suggesting the AFL pressure a small club into wearing an away kit for their own home final.

That was a shitty suggestion.

If Collingwood meet Carlton in a final, it'd be interesting to see how it was handled. I've got a feeling that, even if the Pies were higher ranked, the AFL would tell them to wear the predominantly white with black numbers. Obviously just speculation on my part, but I reckon it'd be a fair chance.

If Collingwood meet Carlton in a final, it'd be interesting to see how it was handled. I've got a feeling that, even if the Pies were higher ranked, the AFL would tell them to wear the predominantly white with black numbers. Obviously just speculation on my part, but I reckon it'd be a fair chance.
I can guarantee you that if it was Collingwood vs Carlton, Carlton would be in home and white shorts.

Because it's a GF, vice versa would be the same instead of Collingwood in their clash

Google which teams? If you can't post some pictures, at least list some teams for me to research.
I'm guessing you don't follow English Soccer.

EFL / FA / EPL rules dictate that you have a Home kit, Away kit and a Third / Alternate kit. Most teams don't wear their Home kit in away games, with a few exceptions (eg Manchester Derbies, Liverpool vs Everton, etc et al)

Away kits cannot resemble Home kits in terms of colour, so while the designs might be the same, the colours are the complete opposite.

Third kits are similar, although some Third kits are inverse of Home kits.

So that being said, GWS in the Premier League / EFL world would easily get away with their combination of colours. Hull City are probably the closest comparison as they are orange and black. The away team MUST work around that (and shorts don't matter) and if they can't... The ref can call it off or the away team are forced to forfeit.

I'm guessing you don't follow English Soccer.

EFL / FA / EPL rules dictate that you have a Home kit, Away kit and a Third / Alternate kit. Most teams don't wear their Home kit in away games, with a few exceptions (eg Manchester Derbies, Liverpool vs Everton, etc et al)

Away kits cannot resemble Home kits in terms of colour, so while the designs might be the same, the colours are the complete opposite.

Third kits are similar, although some Third kits are inverse of Home kits.

So that being said, GWS in the Premier League / EFL world would easily get away with their combination of colours. Hull City are probably the closest comparison as they are orange and black. The away team MUST work around that (and shorts don't matter) and if they can't... The ref can call it off or the away team are forced to forfeit.

You guessed incorrectly. I don't have any issue at all with GWS's colours. My issue is with their arrangement on a jumper that sees greatly different predominant colours and design front to back. I'm still doubtful big sporting leagues overseas would allow them and you've done little to change my mind.

You guessed incorrectly. I don't have any issue at all with GWS's colours. My issue is with their arrangement on a jumper that sees greatly different predominant colours and design front to back. I'm still doubtful big sporting leagues overseas would allow them and you've done little to change my mind.
Giants need to make the blackout charcoal kit home
And the orange, white G away

I'm still doubtful big sporting leagues overseas would allow them
You can doubt it all you like; big sporting leagues like the EPL / EFL have rules where the home team wears what the hell they want and the away team either works around it or they don't play. Pretty simple.

For the record, I would also prefer to see them in either all Orange or all Charcoal (I am a huge lover of the #neversurrender and it should be their home kit)

But at the end of the day... Your statement about big sporting leagues not allowing it is incorrect. Not my problem you have issues accepting that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back