Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Not related to finals but why on earth do Carlton not wear a clash jumper against Collingwood when it’s their away game?

To a lesser extent why don’t they also wear one against Essendon?
Oh boy...

Please take a ticket and a seat. Someone will be with you.

Round 8 2024 - Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn
Dogs - Home Jumper, Royal Shorts
Hawks - Brown Jumper, White Shorts.

Round 22 2023 - Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs
Hawks - Home Jumper, Brown Shorts.
Dogs - Home Jumper, White Shorts.

Round 7 2023 - Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn
Dogs - Home Jumper, Blue Shorts.

Question for someone smarter than I, why would the teams wear certain kit during the season, when there is nothing surer that this Friday night will see the Hawks in Home Jumper?

Question for someone smarter than I, why would the teams wear certain kit during the season, when there is nothing surer that this Friday night will see the Hawks in Home Jumper?
Sell more jumpers

Teams preferences in final seems to be to wear home jumper as much as possible, regardless of what other heritage/promotional etc jumpers they might have worn in season.

E.g. Lions and Swans both wore their home jumpers instead of their “Melbourne” kits in last years finals.

Swans v GWS is messy if GWS wears its home top and the AFL goes AFL and put them in white shorts.

Previously, GWS has worn its "never surrender" black top. so it shouldn't be an issue hopefully.

Hopefully in the black kit. Looks awesome

GettyImages-1486212004.jpg

Giants today have confirmed that’s what they’ll be wearing this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only person who doesn't have an issue with the Hawks in white shorts? Like it was going to be any other scenario
The white shorts in general don’t bother me tbh.

I can absolutely see the argument against them (any white in the home team really negates their effectiveness) just doesn’t personally get me going that much.

Am I the only person who doesn't have an issue with the Hawks in white shorts? Like it was going to be any other scenario

For me, the white shorts in a game like last night is so far down the list of absolutely basic issues that the AFL manages to stuff up in this area that it drifts into 'complaining for the sake of complaining' territory.

Yeah it would be nice if the Hawks had gold shorts for an away match-up like last night. Yeah, it's daft when Hawthorn wears white shorts away to a team like North or Collingwood. But - just my opinion - the white shorts caused absolutely no issues last night, I think they're much better and stand out more than if they'd gone with brown shorts (their only other option). And even if they started wearing gold shorts as the default away, it'd still be worth having the white shorts for when they play away against Adelaide, Richmond, West Coast etc.

AFL should ban white shorts.
Having different rules for the men and the women is sexist.
Should be one unified rule.

So we should be all good for the prelims then:

Geelong v GWS fine
Geelong v Brissy fine
Sydney v Hawthorn fine
Sydney v Port fine

Please nobody in white shorts, except Geelong. Love to see the Giants in the all black or all orange if they get through. In fact, just throw your original jumper in the bin.

Geelong v GWS fine
Geelong v Brissy fine
Sydney v Hawthorn fine
Sydney v Port fine

Please nobody in white shorts, except Geelong. Love to see the Giants in the all black or all orange if they get through. In fact, just throw your original jumper in the bin.
If it's Cats v Lions it should be Geelong it white shorts and Brisbane in full home kit.

Geelong v GWS fine
Geelong v Brissy fine
Sydney v Hawthorn fine
Sydney v Port fine

Every chance Geelong pulls something funky

They always wear navy shorts against Brisbane, and I don't think Geelong have been the home team against GWS since they changed their home jumper a few years ago. I don't think GWS wear their 'home' jumper in any away games either now but I may be mistaken

If Hawthorn and GWS manage to pull off an unlikely GF appearance against one another, who is the top ranked side?

Would it be Hawthorn for knocking off the top seed in a prelim??

Every chance Geelong pulls something funky

They always wear navy shorts against Brisbane, and I don't think Geelong have been the home team against GWS since they changed their home jumper a few years ago. I don't think GWS wear their 'home' jumper in any away games either now but I may be mistaken

No, I just wish we hadn't played at home against GWS in the last couple of years. You're right in a roundabout way though: GWS wore their Indigenous guernsey for their games at GMHBA in 2023 and 2024.

No, I just wish we hadn't played at home against GWS in the last couple of years. You're right in a roundabout way though: GWS wore their Indigenous guernsey for their games at GMHBA in 2023 and 2024.
Yes sorry that's what I meant, always seems to be solid navy vs white or white vs charcoal

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back