Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredibly, yes. Plenty of times these teams lined up in full home kit. No issue and the best of all the options shown in the pictures above
I think the Lions will be in maroon shorts (announced today), so the combination will be the same as 2022 SCG match. Probably the best of the five combinations pictured above.

I’d be happy for the AFL to do away with any pretence of home/away team in the GF. It is played at one ground every year, there is no home or away team. Your finishing position gets you home finals in the first three weeks.

Just adopt the best fit for the GF.

For example if Collingwood and Carlton faced off in a grand final. It obviously should be Carlton in blue and Collingwood in white, no matter what the ladder positions. If Collingwood finished higher than god forbid we’d have that absolute shemozzle in the GF

1727074352267.jpeg

Same with this week. Sydney in the South top with white shorts would look amazing and is hardly an affront to their history. Would be the best outcome.

I’d be happy for the AFL to do away with any pretence of home/away team in the GF. It is played at one ground every year, there is no home or away team. Your finishing position gets you home finals in the first three weeks.

For example if Collingwood and Carlton faced off in a grand final. It obviously should be Carlton in blue and Collingwood in white, no matter what the ladder positions. If Collingwood finished higher than god forbid we’d have that absolute shemozzle in the GF

View attachment 2119306

Same with this week. Sydney in the South top with white shorts would look amazing and is hardly an affront to their history. Would be the best outcome.

I always thought as a ‘neutral’ game in the VFL that they only insisted on white shorts if there a clash.

Turns out hawthorn Sydney and west coast were special cases. Otherwise dark and light shorts.Plenty of these teams in grand finals 1983-1994

I guess the interpretation has changed from year to year. Geelong often putting white shorts v hawthorn no matter who’s the home team

View attachment 2119306

Disagree. If Collingwood are the higher ranked team v Carlton, the schemozzle should be avoided by the AFL telling Carlton to wear their mostly white strip (which of course should already be happening the H&A season).

Interesting the AFL saw fit to put the swans in the clash kit just a few weeks back

Why not white shorts? Weird

Why is it thought the AFL 'put' them in away jersey. Perhaps the Swans chose to wear it? Sydney have worn white away (including white shorts on previous occasions) to Brisbane many times before.

As expected

Not perfect but probably the best you can hope for from the AFL.

It's fine.

Don't understand how all of a sudden, the minor premier's home strip priority goes out the window because it's not a Victorian club.

I reckon the issue is the swans home game, there not gonna make the home team wear their clash (as they shouldnt).

Brisbanes clashes arent much better than their home.

The starting position of reviewing all jumper at the start of the year for home and away has failed again.

Having said that, this isnt REALLY a clash IMO. It could be better but its not horrible.

It's a Grand Final. Technically, it's no club's home game. Swans receive home strip priority as minor premier.

I always thought as a ‘neutral’ game in the VFL that they only insisted on white shorts if there a clash.

Turns out hawthorn Sydney and west coast were special cases. Otherwise dark and light shorts.Plenty of these teams in grand finals 1983-1994

I guess the interpretation has changed from year to year. Geelong often putting white shorts v hawthorn no matter who’s the home team
Agree.

All finals were neutral in the VFL. In the GF clubs would toss the coin to see who wore white shorts, who got which rooms, ran out first, etc.

It's fine.

Don't understand how all of a sudden, the minor premier's home strip priority goes out the window because it's not a Victorian club.

It's a Grand Final. Technically, it's no club's home game. Swans receive home strip priority as minor premier.
What an utterly pointless distinction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back