Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Giants colours, and I'm warming to the 'G', but I still think they should come up with a better logo at some point.

One of my favourite jumpers from the 80's, was the Woodville Warriors jumper, the yellow jumper with a green yoke with a 'Warrior' head on it, which looked to me kind of like a robot head, which I thought looked really cool, and I was thinking that a great interpretation of the name Giants, could be a giant robot character like one of those robots in Transformers, or something like that.

So instead of a slanted G, they could have a stylized robot head in the middle of their jumper, which I think would look unique and modern and would give them a bit more of an identity. They want to convert the next generation while they're young, and kids love robots.

As cool as this looks in my head, I don't have the graphic design skills to realize it, but maybe one of the talented designers here could have a crack, if they think it's worthwhile.
upload_2018-9-2_7-53-22.png

Yeah I think the 'G' stays now. GWS dared to be different with the logo, colours, songs, etc. and it's an identity that has grown on me over time. As I've said about Carlton, if they were an expansion club today they would be mocked mercilessly for their name and jumper and yet it is one of the most iconic jumpers in sport. The Giants identity was jarring at the beginning but they've really kicked some goals with the direction they took.

Yeah I think the 'G' stays now. GWS dared to be different with the logo, colours, songs, etc. and it's an identity that has grown on me over time. As I've said about Carlton, if they were an expansion club today they would be mocked mercilessly for their name and jumper and yet it is one of the most iconic jumpers in sport. The Giants identity was jarring at the beginning but they've really kicked some goals with the direction they took.
Exactly. The Giants have a classic design (yoke) with a twist (G) which is ideal for an expansion team.

Didn't UA endorse Trump or some shit? I'd want no part of them at the eagles personally. Umbro on the other hand could make some sweet kits, going by this year's soccer range they've put out.

I didn’t know it was possible to get political about a merchandise manufacturer, but blow me down, you’ve managed it

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

fDZYUVW.jpg

Love that Adelaide one, logo looks much better than the current one which I'm not a fan of.

Don't mind your Gold Coast one, but I think the logo is just a little below LeeARM's magnificent creation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too similar to the current away. At least go with the 5 stripe version from 1886
North-1886.gif

I'd be interested to see how their original guernsey would be received though.
View attachment 555237
I'd rather see them in their first VFL jumper.

FWIW I think you should celebrate seasons (ala 30 AFL seasons, the 125th of the league) but years for clubs/since an occasion. I know Gibbsy is a schtickler for these things.

A couple of years ago i think i remember the crows celebrating 25th year and then the next year celebrating 25 years since first game? odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back