Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my designs for the Greater Western Sydney and North Melbourne jumpers.
FvMbUKO.jpg

gM714pU.jpg

Have been watching the Giants for the journey and had never twigged that the G might also represent a plan of NSW.
And so the inner orange colour in relief of the letter G could be Sydney Harbour!
Not quite. GWS don’t represent Sydney City though. It’s meant to be the Parramatta River (which yes, does feed into the harbour)

Expect the Saints to have a new clash in 2019 - we tend to do a 2 year rotation thing.

Returning the candy stripes would be nice, or I'd like to see something inspired from our 140 year jumper with white hoops included and a mostly white back.

StKilda-140-2013.gif
diesel-black-striped-sweater-product-1-22083647-0-318499944-normal.jpeg

Love it!

Expect the Saints to have a new clash in 2019 - we tend to do a 2 year rotation thing.

Returning the candy stripes would be nice, or I'd like to see something inspired from our 140 year jumper with white hoops included and a mostly white back.

StKilda-140-2013.gif

:think::think::think:

Saints Clash.png

Hence the :think::think::think:

As described, my first thought was "so a Crows jumper in Saints colours".
Hmm didn't really come out as I first thought.

Maybe the hoops continue on the front to the top and none on the back? Or potentially wider hoops so there's less of them? It needs more white somehow.

Hmm didn't really come out as I first thought.

Maybe the hoops continue on the front to the top and none on the back? Or potentially wider hoops so there's less of them? It needs more white somehow.

While the concept of the Saints using hoops is great and the colours work very well together, you need to be careful because you're treading a fine line between a recolour of an Adelaide or Geelong jumper and a distinctively Saints jumper.

I was a big fan of the Saints clash jumper from a few years back, where it is essentially a home jumper with a big white cross on the front. Hopefully they bring back that design or similar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the concept of the Saints using hoops is great and the colours work very well together, you need to be careful because you're treading a fine line between a recolour of an Adelaide or Geelong jumper and a distinctively Saints jumper.

I was a big fan of the Saints clash jumper from a few years back, where it is essentially a home jumper with a big white cross on the front. Hopefully they bring back that design or similar
While I see your point, Adelaide's yellow clash was essentially the Bulldogs' jumper recoloured, Richmond's clash is the WA state of origin jumper etc etc. It has heritage and it's clearly in their colours, I don't see a problem.

I know St Kilda seem to like changing up their clash every couple of years, and generally they’re pretty decent, but they should honestly just do a Sydney and have a white back on their home jumper. Would be an instant classic and work a treat I reckon.
More or less what 2009/10 was. Which was great btw. Memories of Goddard's mark.

StKilda-140-2013.gif
3uarr7H.jpg

The design I created above takes into account the white handkerchief worn to distinguish them from other teams with the first St.Kilda jumper which was changed into a white yoke a few years later.

Home - Against Everyone
Away - Geelong,Hawthorn, West Coast, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, Carlton, Fremantle, Collingwood, Essendon.
Clash - Gold Coast, Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, GWS.
Home /w away shorts - Sydney, North Melbourne.

0000000000000000000000000000t8172634876124871.jpg 000000000000000000000000000123782467128647624328.jpg

Last edited:
In memoriam of the Geelong Football Club (Sorry Cats Fans, First Time In 12 Years) here are my preferred jumper sets for the Catters.
Thanks to aCunningPlan who mentioned the 'GFC' logo is banned or something like that on last years jumper ideas thread I tweaked the clash to feature a cat instead.
Home: Worn vs Everyone
Away: Worn vs Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St. Kilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs.
Clash: Worn vs Collingwood, North Melbourne, Sydney.
Geelong.png

I know St Kilda seem to like changing up their clash every couple of years, and generally they’re pretty decent, but they should honestly just do a Sydney and have a white back on their home jumper. Would be an instant classic and work a treat I reckon.

I'd go with a redback for the Saints new clash kit similar to the Dees as the red on the regular tri panel guernsey goes to the side on the right while the black on the left goes to the side and around the back while the white is just in the center of the guernsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back