Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

i'm really not a fan of the way designs get compromised to make a logo stand out, just look at north over the last 10 years with X-Blades and Canterbury. The middle stripe cuts off to make room for the manufacturer logo (even though Collingwood and Hawthorn have never needed this) and the right stripe has a big chunk cut out for the mazda logo. apparently also the reason we have the weird tramp stamp logo on the back is that sponsors don't like a club logo to be above theirs on the jumper (it used to be above mazda's logo on the front.) mazda's logo used to sit neatly across a stripe no problem, it looked like something that had been added to the jumper instead of the jumper being built around it.
View attachment 1121674

this looked good. i'd personally prefer the stripes were wider (something akin to Collingwood's away jumper from last year) but they had the right idea about integrating the sponsor logos.

No way Mazda logo will be like that again, its not scaled properly.
Sponsors are fussier these days with how their logo should look due to design guidelines and guernseys are now more built around sponsors now because of this. Like Toyota refuse to have their logo navy or gold anymore to match Crows colours - needs to be either white, red or black.

Hopefully Puma logo goes in the stripe and doesn't cut it off, no reason why that shouldn't happen.
I think the reason the stripe was cut short is becuase XBlades used their wider text logo in 2012 instead of the X logo which was too wide to fit in the stripe, so they cut the stripe to make room for the logo. When XBlades went back to the X logo for 2013 the cut stripe should've not made a return as there was no need for that with the X fitting in the stripe fine. Bit stupid...
Realistically the best case scenario (assuming blue base stays as home) would be 2011 jumper
1620574877849.png

No way Mazda logo will be like that again, its not scaled properly.
Sponsors are fussier these days with how their logo should look due to design guidelines and guernseys are now more built around sponsors now because of this. Like Toyota refuse to have their logo navy or gold anymore to match Crows colours - needs to be either white, red or black.

Hopefully Puma logo goes in the stripe and doesn't cut it off, no reason why that shouldn't happen.
I think the reason the stripe was cut short is becuase XBlades used their wider text logo in 2012 instead of the X logo which was too wide to fit in the stripe, so they cut the stripe to make room for the logo. When XBlades went back to the X logo for 2013 the cut stripe should've not made a return as there was no need for that with the X fitting in the stripe fine. Bit stupid...
Realistically the best case scenario (assuming blue base stays as home) would be 2011 jumper
View attachment 1123194

for one thing i really hope the stripes end up wider than this, but also there's already word coming out of the club that they're going to push for the classic home jumper with blue shorts. the only times we would need to wear anything different are against collingwood (either all white or all blue depending who's home) geelong (all blue to their all white) footscray (white shorts) and possibly west coast (white shorts.) there isn't any other club in the league that clashes with it.

View attachment 1123357
Sorry to Mero for butchering his beautiful template...

How about this? The teal collar with a faux white "traditional" V under it - representing the current Power guernsey's chevrons, without intruding on the bars themselves.

Keeping the club badge above the MG logo means no-one can confuse it with a Collingwood jumper.

And, if you're colourblind, it's just a thick silver/white collar on the PBs!

The NTUA inside the collar I feel is very fitting as well

This to me is the fairest compromise - I know it's not "the" PBs but it's everything of the PBs except the collar
I put this in the Prison bar debate thread as a concept - this wouldn't be to replace a "heritage" jumper but for PAFC to adopt as a new home guernsey. Incorporates a version of the current chevrons integrated into their traditional bars design.
pa bars-01.png

Did some experimenting last night and whipped up this mock up of a North guernsey using the Miami Vice colours.View attachment 1124268
There's a Port Adelaide prison bar Guernsey in there somewhere given the teal and Magenta elements..

Also fits in with the Power Rangers colours.

Last edited:
Saw someone talking about the trouble more recently founded clubs used to have coming up with ideas for the heritage round back when it was still a thing. So I threw this together as an idea for Adelaide, should the heritage round come back (which I wish it would.) It's based on the jumper worn by "Old Adelaide" the original Adelaide Football Club founded in 1860. As long as they don't play Essendon or St. Kilda I think it'd be a nice way to celebrate the history of football in SA without doing anything silly like wearing the state jumper.

AdelaideHeritageIdea2022@4x.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw someone talking about the trouble more recently founded clubs used to have coming up with ideas for the heritage round back when it was still a thing. So I threw this together as an idea for Adelaide, should the heritage round come back (which I wish it would.) It's based on the jumper worn by "Old Adelaide" the original Adelaide Football Club founded in 1860. As long as they don't play Essendon or St. Kilda I think it'd be a nice way to celebrate the history of football in SA without doing anything silly like wearing the state jumper.

View attachment 1124918
Nah. No connection to the current football club.

Didn't stop Freo. And it didn't stop the crows from trying to wear the state jumper.
They do represent a SANFL bid in 1990. Therefore we should be able to wear the state Guernsey.
Fremantle didn't have a problem with West coast wearing the WA state Guernsey.
It's our heritage blah blah blah.

I agree

POndSHb.png

(Yes, I know we all like the charcoal jumper but this would be more GWS-like)

Interested to see an inverse version of this one. Changing the orange and blacks around etc.

Interested to see an inverse version of this one. Changing the orange and blacks around etc.
Basically a mix between what they have now and what people have been calling for for years with the charcoal extended on the back. I purposely didn't go with orange shorts because that would be horrific.

WopYWAt.png

And a bonus clash version

G9WbKGL.png

They do represent a SANFL bid in 1990. Therefore we should be able to wear the state Guernsey.
Fremantle didn't have a problem with West coast wearing the WA state Guernsey.
It's our heritage blah blah blah.
Just leave it for the yearly SANFL state game and/or if top level state of origin comes back. It should be for uniting the state, not splitting it in half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back