Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

If they want an orange back, then they should wear Orange shorts.
The above is great - then full orange for the clash.

Home:
View attachment 2109181

Clash/ Away:
View attachment 2109182

Or Vice Versa - either would be great as the Home.

Strong colours and GWS would never need white shorts. Would remove the clash inducing hybrid home jumper they have now, with out changing the branding.
That's a pretty much perfect combo imo.

Out of curiosity, could you try the charcoal jumper with an orange G, and a slight gap between the bib and the G?

With the crowd turnout that GWS got last night, the club might start questioning its brand as a whole. We know that AFL isn't popular in the area but is this orange jumper and G logo (which barely looks like a G) getting the most out of this expansion?

Even if we say that their current logo and colour scheme is good enough, I'd be happy to see their current home jumper go and be replaced by the Never Surrender jumper. It might be seen as a bit boring here but it's a strong look while orange is such a garish and polarising colour, I'm not convinced that it should be the club's main colour, even if it is unique. I don't feel that the idea of a yoke is worth holding onto either.

Take this from a Sydneysider.
I realise this is a FJ/ design forum but the frontier of football in Western Sydney cant be dependant this much on the jumper. Regardless how we feel about its looks.

The accessibility/ location of the stadium needs more analysis.

The subject probably wouldnt have been brought up if GWS won. To me it seems like a newspaper seller discussion at best.

With the crowd turnout that GWS got last night, the club might start questioning its brand as a whole. We know that AFL isn't popular in the area but is this orange jumper and G logo (which barely looks like a G) getting the most out of this expansion?

Even if we say that their current logo and colour scheme is good enough, I'd be happy to see their current home jumper go and be replaced by the Never Surrender jumper. It might be seen as a bit boring here but it's a strong look while orange is such a garish and polarising colour, I'm not convinced that it should be the club's main colour, even if it is unique. I don't feel that the idea of a yoke is worth holding onto either.

It's an odd take, 18k turnout for that game was very good I thought. People in w.s paying top dollar to watch them play in a final against a small lions fanbase, when their crowds are usually more around the 10k mark. People need some patience, I remember the swans and lions in the 90s, was barely a person in the crowd, now they sellout most games.

I'm surprised to see so much pushback over the crowd part of my post. I was expecting it over the branding part.

Maybe 18k is impressive with the current factors at play but to me, it feels like they should be selling out a massive game like that after all their success and with their surrounding population. Bjo187's line about them usually getting 10k is the reason for my concern. Either way, we can ignore that whole point if you want because I don't know the area.

The real question is, how do potential fans feel about their brand? From the outside, it doesn't feel particularly attractive.

I'm surprised to see so much pushback over the crowd part of my post. I was expecting it over the branding part.

Maybe 18k is impressive with the current factors at play but to me, it feels like they should be selling out a massive game like that after all their success and with their surrounding population. Bjo187's line about them usually getting 10k is the reason for my concern. Either way, we can ignore that whole point if you want because I don't know the area.

The real question is, how do potential fans feel about their brand? From the outside, it doesn't feel particularly attractive.
As a through and through GWS fan, having been to plenty of games with majority of the ground empty it does suck. I must admit, I feel that we've experienced a decline in numbers (crazy), but when I would go to games in 2019 the stadium always felt more full. Outside of derby games, the atmosphere is pretty poor when compared to the likes of the MCG, but even just the SCG. I feel like the brand has similar decreased in popularity, it always felt like we were the under-dog, the little guys who could fight hard, but now we just feel like a team everyone knows, but isn't fussed about watching.

I feel that we shouldn't lose the orange as our primary colour, yeah the charcoal is unique too, but it is still similar to black/navy and doesn't make GWS footy look unique, look different. I would love the old home jumper to come back, it just looks unique, adding to our slightly unique stadium, unique colours, story, brand, everything.

So from the inside, I think we are doing a great new job with social media, but to the average eye watching the tele on a saturday arvo, seeing 10k rock up to a GWS v anyone game, it just isn't good enough, and really hurts too knowing that we did have a solid growth in fans only a few years ago. I don't think I've got the answers, and I sadly don't think there are any yet, but one day we will work it all out, (fingers crossed with a flag to go with it).

View attachment 2112171

Perfect set of Brisbane Jumpers and won't take no for an answer.
I like the first two but will give you no for an answer because the one they wore the other night was awesome and better than the white one you have here. It just didn’t work well against a team in Orange and white against yellow and white shorts. I reckon the set is so good when the design stays the same like they have now.
A blue one would be great too.

As a through and through GWS fan, having been to plenty of games with majority of the ground empty it does suck. I must admit, I feel that we've experienced a decline in numbers (crazy), but when I would go to games in 2019 the stadium always felt more full. Outside of derby games, the atmosphere is pretty poor when compared to the likes of the MCG, but even just the SCG. I feel like the brand has similar decreased in popularity, it always felt like we were the under-dog, the little guys who could fight hard, but now we just feel like a team everyone knows, but isn't fussed about watching.

I feel that we shouldn't lose the orange as our primary colour, yeah the charcoal is unique too, but it is still similar to black/navy and doesn't make GWS footy look unique, look different. I would love the old home jumper to come back, it just looks unique, adding to our slightly unique stadium, unique colours, story, brand, everything.

So from the inside, I think we are doing a great new job with social media, but to the average eye watching the tele on a saturday arvo, seeing 10k rock up to a GWS v anyone game, it just isn't good enough, and really hurts too knowing that we did have a solid growth in fans only a few years ago. I don't think I've got the answers, and I sadly don't think there are any yet, but one day we will work it all out, (fingers crossed with a flag to go with it).
Are you in western Sydney? There was no way there were 18,000 on the weekend, many empty seats for a big final. Could Canberra be your main home?

Like most have said on here for more than a decade that GWS missed a massive opportunity in not being pale/sky blue. Like the Lions in the Queensland colours the Giants (Kookaburras would have been better) could have had a proper distinctive look and not clashed with anyone, especially home town rival, which was ridiculous. The AFL made a similar mistake with the Gold Coast, absolute morons running the game then, as now.
One of the worst things GWS can do is constantly change their jumper from week to week. Two different jumpers in two different finals! They can’t build an unfamiliar brand whilst constantly changing it. One light blue jumper for every game would have said “This is us, GWS!” and don’t change for 25 years until the brand is solidified. A good song is all they have at the moment.

View attachment 2112171

Perfect set of Brisbane Jumpers and won't take no for an answer.
Secretary: Sir, I have the Broncos outside, they wish to talk to you about irregularities with your third kit.
neogh : I see. Make them a cup of tea, will you, Stephanie?
proceeds to jump out of window

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you in western Sydney? There was no way there were 18,000 on the weekend, many empty seats for a big final. Could Canberra be your main home?

I've said this a million x elsewhere. Anybody that has been to engie stadium knows, that a significant portion of people get out of their seat to stand up the back.

When I went years ago I did exactly this and it was 2 or 3 deep around the entire ground in the standing room. It's a great viewing experience and you can choose the entire stadium to do this (unlike a place like the mcg where you get cut off at the afl members or mcc members area).

It's why if you look at the start of the game the seats are mostly full, look at the second half, the bright red seats stand out coz a lot of people go to stand up the back.

It is annoying to see this trotted out all the time though, the Sydney media do a good enough job in trying to shit on the giants progress, they don't need help from footy fans pushing this falsehood.

20240914_235156.jpg

I wasn't at the game on the weekend, but similarly to what Bjo187 has said, many spectators are walking around or standing further back into the grandstands to watch the game. It is a very accessible ground, with plenty of space to watch the game from any angle without any hassle either. Especially towards the scoreboard end where many people will stand to watch the game, near the kids zone too.

Like most have said on here for more than a decade that GWS missed a massive opportunity in not being pale/sky blue. Like the Lions in the Queensland colours the Giants (Kookaburras would have been better) could have had a proper distinctive look and not clashed with anyone, especially home town rival, which was ridiculous. The AFL made a similar mistake with the Gold Coast, absolute morons running the game then, as now.
One of the worst things GWS can do is constantly change their jumper from week to week. Two different jumpers in two different finals! They can’t build an unfamiliar brand whilst constantly changing it. One light blue jumper for every game would have said “This is us, GWS!” and don’t change for 25 years until the brand is solidified. A good song is all they have at the moment.
But the thing is, the orange also works as a "this is us, gws!" thing. Yes, I think sky blue being added to the colour scheme would be good, maybe alongside orange, making orange a lesser colour. Plus, wearing different jumers in finals? Yet, brisbane (I understand they are well established) will wear potentially 4 different variations of designs if they make the GF. Yet, GWS wearing there Home jumper and clash kit isn't optimal. I think that's probably why GWS have opted for an orange 'away' design the previous few years, as it continues the usage of orange in every game, only against Swans and the odd away game to Gold Coast changes that to the NS kit.

View attachment 2112390View attachment 2112391
Port has gotta bring this back for retro round, including the 90s AFL logo.

39d0bd8b01e032db9ba5a4f3d3a304dc.jpg

Port could roll out so many awesome variations if they so desired. This with black shorts *chefs kiss

View attachment 2112916
need this back, if not a blue base one would be clean have the original wih blue collar and cuffs love this kit, need a red kit. hoping more teams do a kit for gr next year
Something like this (predominately red) is needed as a clash jumper for Melbourne. I think they should do the navy jumper as home, royal blue jumper as away and a red jumper as clash (preferably with red shorts!).

Something like this (predominately red) is needed as a clash jumper for Melbourne. I think they should do the navy jumper as home, royal blue jumper as away and a red jumper as clash (preferably with red shorts!).
I agree and this season it was proven one is needed just hope they don't do a red back kit i want to see something different, a white kit is unessacery and is not one of our colours, so a red kit would be great is needed for next season

I agree and this season it was proven one is needed just hope they don't do a red back kit i want to see something different, a white kit is unessacery and is not one of our colours, so a red kit would be great is needed for next season
When Freo played the dees and they wore their royal blue with a red back it was kind of ridiculous, surely at that point you just wear a red jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back