Racing June Daily Punt: Winter has come

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont mind the look of $4.75 about Selino to place in the Brisbane Cup.

No point looking at his form at anything under 2 miles but when he gets to that trip he has run well at huge odds in a couple Sydney Cups and a Melbourne Cup. His run in the Ramsden was decent enough for a race like this. I have questions about a few near the top of the market running two miles as well

Loved the way he gobbled them up on the turn. Good ride.

~2.60 on Betfair, even if I could scrape together say a grand to deposit it's like $400? Probably too much hassle it was a $50 Quaddie f it

Edit: wait that's not how math works 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I backed Khadeem last week in the King Stand because it was the riderless horse last year that almost beat Nature Strip. I thought it was a surprisingly good run, even without the rider.

And it didn't make the field. I didn't even bother looking at the field for last night's race.

I tried explaining this to my mother over the phone this morning and why it was annoying. She didn't understand, so I am posting it here.

given the race is going up $8mill or so i would guess that the slot holders are no longer funding the race. Seems like if you are in you are printing money.
No slotholders are funding a proportion of the race. Approx 40% I think. 20% of prizemoney goes to trainer, jockey, equine welfare and also strappers (nice try auto spell). Leaving owners and slotholders to negotiate the breakdown of remaining 80%

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing June Daily Punt: Winter has come

Remove this Banner Ad

Back