Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't happen in a million years.

Why do West Coast supporters still seem to think they're trading 2019 Rioli rather than the uncontracted unfit guy who's played half a season in three years?

Maybe because 5 or 6 teams are interested.

If Port want to be their normal dick selves then fine, they miss out. Sounds like there are at least a couple of clubs willing to be reasonable about it.

Keen on him at a price which appropriately balances the risk of his body and his off field issues with the potential of his talent. Pick 8 or Georgiades ain't it. Even a pick in the 20's probably ain't it. A pick in the 30's I'd settle for if it was up to me.

Nah, not really.
Fantasia was a jet but just couldn't stay on the park.

If Port want to be their normal dick selves then fine, they miss out. Sounds like there are at least a couple of clubs willing to be reasonable about it.
Given the choice between missing out on Rioli or giving up, say, the Amon pick (likely to be around 20) for Rioli, I'd be more than happy to see the club go with the missing out option.

Given the choice between missing out on Rioli or giving up, say, the Amon pick (likely to be around 20) for Rioli, I'd be more than happy to see the club go with the missing out option.
Hell yeh. Pass.

All supporter bases on Bigfooty seem pretty similar when it comes to trade talk, to be fair

F we're good, my team for the top player and we'll give a half eaten bag of chips. If we're feeling good about it maybe twisties.

You get what you give, in general.

And Dodo wins the trade period every year.

Fair. The only way an end of 1st is involved is is if a later pick goes with him. Eagles 38? 26 seems a bit much, Rioli is worth more than a 7 place upgrade.

Tigers have pick 30 which is pretty close.

Ports future 2nd likely gets it done too.

Yeah I reckon. Do Richmond really need him though? Lots of natural talent but he's 27, makes dumb choices and generally not fit enough.
He'd be pretty bloody handy in one forward pocket with Maurice in the other.

Pretty good replacement for Edwards who has played predominantly forward this season too and would mean we never see Aarts or Castagna again :fire:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

again it doesnt matter if he selects Port.... Hell kangaroos can offer you pick 1 but it means nothing

Fair. The only way an end of 1st is involved is is if a later pick goes with him. Eagles 38? 26 seems a bit much, Rioli is worth more than a 7 place upgrade.

Tigers have pick 30 which is pretty close.

Ports future 2nd likely gets it done too.

yer i still think port looks to trade in a pick around the 30s. upgrade there third etc

In anyone's world Junior Rioli is worth at best something in the 30s. Saying there is other teams interested means nothing once the player nominates a team. I am guessing when West coast get over there disappointment (rightfully so) of someone they stuck by with when they didnt have to then a fair deal will get done quickly and if the team is port then both teams have always been able work out fair compensation.

A possible trade outcome could be Amon Compo if its end of 1st round and west coast give port back there 2nd rounder and maybe swap some later picks.

Lol west coast fans are something else.

Are you so parochial that you’re blind or just have no idea outside of eagles games?

Willie has played 1 full season, has the fitness of a park footballer, and is the biggest risk of any player I can recall.

He should be basically free / 4th round pick.

If you get anything for him from port should he move here, it will be because our admin are soft ***** who have publicly said their mantra is to get deals done so they seem easy to deal with and attract more players who know it’s easy to get here, and because there might be pressure from dickheads at our club to have a good year next year.

Even that tho just looks like something better than a 4th rounder.

Last edited:
Don't listen to knob head supporters who couldn't place a value on a player whos life depends on it.

Rioli is worth atleast pick 16 or under. End of.
The first sentence of this post is great advice as to how we should treat the second sentence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back