Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of interest for a 4th rounder

Do you mean

“Lot of speculation” ?

Before they know where any player might be going, journos tie them to any club they pull out of a hat.

It’s like you guys were born yesterday.

I mean look down the main page here and tell me that all of those players weren’t at some stage linked to 3-6 different clubs.

Essendon one of the clubs intrested in Rioli apprently what's he worth?

Heard that a month ago up here.:thumbsu:

They have a heap of cap space to burn and landing him may just offer something for Essendon fans to get excited about. Tippa leaves and Junior comes in to continue the Tiwi legacy at the Bombers. Sheedy will be chuffed.

Pick 22 is their 2nd.

Will likely end up with others around there.

Just the midfield type and age we need.
Fair enough. I don't know very much about Carol, suspect he's going to be one of those players that Carlton mess up his development.

I think we are good on midfielders, so were probably going to make him play in another position and ruin him. As of now, with very limited knowledge of him, id do that swap.

I feel like if i posted that trade suggestion on the west coast board, ill get alot of people laughing at the suggestion.

If that trade were to eventuate, i feel like it would be something like Carol + 2nd rounder for Rioli + a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Am i severely under rating Carol?

I doubt he'd be that disgruntled if he had to stay. We'd only "lose him for nothing" if North decided to pick him, which for all the reasons you stated that seems unlikely

Well well well, how the turntables

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep chance it could happen now absolutely.

To North, not to Port. Your club would still need to trade for him
Of course, but it changes West Coast's bargaining position.

Port didn't start trade week with Rioli. If Rioli refuses to re-sign and asks for a trade, but West Coast refuse to trade him, Port lose nothing, but West Coast lose something.

Of course, but it changes West Coast's bargaining position.

Port didn't start trade week with Rioli. If Rioli refuses to re-sign and asks for a trade, but West Coast refuse to trade him, Port lose nothing, but West Coast lose something.

Maybe but your clubs chasing him. If they convince him to come most clubs do what they need to get it done (within reason). And I reckon WC would rather risk losing him to North for nothing than get less that what they perceive is value, in this instance. Our club doesn't normally play hardball on trades but i reckon this one would be different (if it even happens) given how they kept him on for the 2 years.

Doubt they'd accept less than a decent 2nd rounder, 3rd and 4th rounders are pointless, may as well let him walk.

Maybe but your clubs chasing him. If they convince him to come most clubs do what they need to get it done (within reason). And I reckon WC would rather risk losing him to North for nothing than get less that what they perceive is value, in this instance. Our club doesn't normally play hardball on trades but i reckon this one would be different (if it even happens) given how they kept him on for the 2 years.

Doubt they'd accept less than a decent 2nd rounder, 3rd and 4th rounders are pointless, may as well let him walk.

Hayes the 23 yr old ruck at Port would do it. Both 2nd round territory. Rucks always get a small uplift.

It seems that all this Port Adelaide ”interest” in Rioli seems to be generated in the media, probably pumped by his management to try and push up his contract. As far as I am concerned he should stay at West Coast …… he turns 28 early next season, two recorded issues with drug offences and his career statistics reflect average or below average figures. West Coast have stuck by him and he should stick by the Eagles. As far as a trade goes……. it would only insult West Coast, but I wouldn’t offer any more than a 4th round pick…… stay where you are Willie.

Don't listen to knob head supporters who couldn't place a value on a player if their life depends on it.

Rioli is worth atleast pick 16 or under. Or two second round picks. End of.
If someone trades pick 16 or under for Rioli they should uninstall the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back