Jurrah never made it to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't missed all of the negative press we would've copped throughout the lead up to the trial if he was a Power player, especially whilst we seem to be riding a wave of optimism.

Having said that, imagine if was on our rookie list - as a free and fit man. We would all be salivating at the prospect of what he could do for us...

Somewhere down the line, i'd still love to have him at the Power. Hopefully for both Jurrah and potentially for the Power, the not guilty verdict will be the impetus he needs to get his life back on track. But after everything that's happened, we shouldn't be chasing him. If he wants to revive his AFL career in South Australia, he needs to prove himself to Port Adelaide, not vice versa. But if he can do that, then I'd welcome him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Melbourne official was up there for at least part of the trial so I think they still have hopes to get him back and if Jurrah feels the same I don't think any club should block his path. Just my opinion.

I can see him going back to the Dees to be honest...

After he knocked back Port he said he was looking forward to getting back to Melbourne with his mates (including Aboriginal players at other clubs) and playing football there again. I think some family members were willing to relocate over there with him.

I have had the 'privilege' or meeting some of Jurrah's family here in Adelaide and though i don't know if they are a close relation or not all i can say is i don't want him here at Port.
I have had the 'privilege' of meeting some of Cornes' family here in Adelaide and though i don't know if they are a close relation or not all i can say is i don't want him here at Port

After he knocked back Port he said he was looking forward to getting back to Melbourne with his mates (including Aboriginal players at other clubs) and playing football there again. I think some family members were willing to relocate over there with him.
why did we even bother with this useless pr**k
so he flirts with us when he is down
and now he gets off he's back off to Melbourne??

Am I missing something
Did we actually have any involvement in counselling/meeting/helping him over here in Adelaide?

why did we even bother with this useless pr**k
so he flirts with us when he is down
and now he gets off he's back off to Melbourne??

Am I missing something
Did we actually have any involvement in counselling/meeting/helping him over here in Adelaide?

Port were in regular contact with him through their Aboriginal Engagement and Employment Manager Paul Vandenbergh, as well as former players like Byron Pickett and set up a strategy to get him back into AFL football, which in the end he declined.

Port assistance package to Jurrah

A Melbourne official was up there for at least part of the trial so I think they still have hopes to get him back and if Jurrah feels the same I don't think any club should block his path. Just my opinion.
I know I don't know anything but one of his Aunties (sober) did tell me that Melbourne have offered him a spot back training and that a Melbourne bloke came up to the court.
I told her that's impossible as he had been delisted by Melbourne.
She told me "choonga"(true,honest) "You just wait and see"
Hard to believe but nothing would surprise me the AFL bending rules to get this bloke back into footy somehow

After getting away with a slap on the wrist for tanking Melbourne must figure the rules don't apply to them. They'll probably name Jurrah and Jesse Hogan for the Port game and it will take the AFL a month to decide whether they can stop them. Then they'll fine the timekeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back